david cameron resignation

florence florence

david cameron resignation

David Cameron was emphatic that if the country voted to leave the EU that he would remain as Prime minister.
It is my belief that many who voted to leave, did so with the assurity that he would be taking the country on from there and in fact may have voted to remain if there was uncertainty about who would be leading the country.

Re: david cameron resignation

Re: david cameron resignation

If the result of David Cameron's previous negotiations are an example of his negotiating skills thank heaven he has resigned because he would probably have come away with less than we currently have. He had previously announced that he was going to stand down in 2019 before the next due general election (might be sooner now).  His logic in announcing a referendum on our membership of the EU, bearing in mind he like many misguided others was convinced the vote would be to remain, was purely a vote catching exercise that has back fired on him big time.

There are five countries already lined up to join the EU with a joint population of around 17 million people. Turkey has a population of over 78 million on its own.
The number of MEPs each country has is based on their population, however the formula used to calculate this is rather like that used by our gas suppliers. Designed to utterly confuse people. This is obviously why the United Kingdom is outvoted so often.

I am quite impressed with Andrea Leadsom as a possible leader.