children suffering anxiety due to BREXIT

dave 1 dave 1

children suffering anxiety due to BREXIT

Could not believe what I heard this morning on the news.Child line say that children are suffering anxiety due to their parents concerns about Brexit.I think the remain camp have come to an all time low when they use children in this way.If this is the main issue on child line,which I do not believe,when children are being abused and going to school hungry and their parents having to use food banks then I do not believe this anxiety about Brexit.The media blame brexit for everything.If these people think the EU is so wonderful then go live in Europe.

Re: children suffering anxiety due to BREXIT

Amen, to that!

Re: children suffering anxiety due to BREXIT

David A

These wild claims are surely a symptom of a vacuous intellect, some individuals will simply join a cause no matter how irrational just because it exists and will give them a platform to be heard, even if what they have to say is plainly stupid.

Re: children suffering anxiety due to BREXIT

I agree. I simply meant: European Union? They're welcome to it! No Union of mine!

Re: children suffering anxiety due to BREXIT

It is ludicrous that anyone could take seriously that a child line is being bombarded with these claims.

My next comments are not to take away the fact that many children are abused but in my opinion and life experience ........

Esther Louise Rantzen DBE and the child help line have a lot to answer for for example.....

When I was a lad at school we had possibly one at a push two pupils who would be disruptive in class now the class room is lucky to have one or two well behaved pupils.

I recall my own daughter who I may say I have never lifted a hand to control came home from school at 5 years old and just came out with this .......

Dad do you know that if you shout or smack me I can call this number and report you and you get into trouble.....

To which I promptly replied......

This is very true my darling but should your being bad then I will tell you that your behaviour is unacceptable and if you persist you will be grounded and all toys and privileges will be taken away and if need be a smacked bottom is not ruled out and yes you can call the child help line but when you do and your dad is taken away you will be without your dad to look after you and take care of you so by all means if you want to call the help line at any point you should do so at any point.

Thankfully I was one of the luck parents who had a great friendship with my children and at no point was even a light smack needed but I have seen some patents who try so hard to talk but children can be truly unruly they had to give a light smack and ended up being drag through the laws that were meant to protect those children who suffered from beatings from bullying fathers or mother's.

Yeah, so child line has a lot to answer for!!!