child tax credit cuts

shaz43 shaz43

child tax credit cuts

i agree that if you are earning 44k+ then you should not get child tax credits. however, if you have 2 earners in one household earning 43k each then they will still be entitled to child tax credit! WHY? that is a household on 86k per year, why on earth would they need child tax credits? surely it would be simpler to put an income threshold per household or is that not politically correct?!?!?!?!?! OR is it that most of the mps are on a wage of 43k, so they will still be entitled to their child tax credits? of course, why didnt i think of that?
my mum is a pensioner, no savings, just her weekly pension and they talk about cutting winter fuel payments. its about time we had a government that actually got their priorities right.