benefit scroungers

12345678 ... 28
40yearsworking 40yearsworking

Re: jobs instead of benifits

I DON'T complain about those who can afford it choosing to stay at home and look after their children.  What annoys me is that some choose to have children to be able to stay at home and wouldnt otherwise be able to afford it.  I had to bring up two sons alone.  One is now a pilot in the RAF and the other also went to Uni and now lives on what he earns, even though he could claim all kinds of top up benefits to support him.  I have always worked and now HAVE to work even longer thanks to successive Governments' failure to manage the finances of this country and curb rogue bankers.
daniel daniel

Re: benefit scroungers

im on benefits and have no chioce ,i would like a job,but im am a manic depressant and feel like taking my own life on a daily basis despite what im doing,im phisically fit but thats not my problem ,i have tried all treatments for my illness and still i cant break this depression,its been about ten years and counting,so being called a benefit scrounger makes life a lot worse for people like me,

its not people like me that are scroungers,its the people knowingly claiming benefit that have no illness phisical or mental,and claim everything under the sun,i can claim incapcity and DLA if i want ,but i dont,all i want is this depression to go away so i can work and live a normal life,but its so hard to live with let alone work with, i have nothing and im not happy so anyone who thinks being on benefits is the good life is highly mistaken ,being like this will shorten my life,so what am i supposed to do

 we dont ask people who stop work because there ill  to go do some community work while your ill ,just for your sick benefit so why would you ask some one who has long term illness to do the same ,makes no sence

crazydiamond crazydiamond

Re: benefit scroungers

who are these hoodys on the streets insulting everyone and causing trouble ,where did this new generation of young thugs come from who seem to have no morals ,people say they are the kids of unemployed poor familys but they are wrong ,i have my kids in 2 schools one in a poor area one in a rich area its the rich area school that has the most trouble ,and a much bigger drugs problem ,these are the kids that have grown up with both perants at work and have been brought up in nursarys and after school clubs and by childminders ,they are not poor they have fancy expensive trainers ,phones ect,they are just growing up with very little moral learning ,chilminders ect dont teach kids they just keep them occupied  ,me and my childrens dad tried so hard to make it work ,he kept getting laid off work every so many months ,something companys do so they dont have to give any rights to there workers ,nestle and hull council both did this ,then they take people back on after a couple of months ,it makes it very hard for a family to keep together when you have to be in and out of work like this you get nowhere ,now im a single mum i believe its very important for me to bring my own kids up ,i have started my own buisness so i can work from home ,but david camerons lot have cut funding for anysupport for new buisnesses so its tough, im sort of making up what to do in running a buisness ,a lot of the problems lie with families not staying together ,but the pressures were huge the dice is loaded against families staying together ,the knock backs and presures were immense ,and you cant just blame the people for there not been enough jobs ,my ex would apply for jobs everyday to have a long list of no sorry ,his confidence went down hill ,he thought he was useless and trash ,every knock back made him worse .i think theres more unemployed people like this ,and most of the ones who arnt looking have just cracked from the constant rejections and have no hope left ,after endless interviews .you might find a job that will take you on for 7 or 8 months ,just enough time to get out of debt before you get laid off again ,it might help if there was greater job security .i think 90 percent of unemployed would love a permanent job with fair pay and rights ,they are just nearly impossible to find ,and who can afford to go back to colledge or uni ,and now we have a lot of people comming in from other countrys seeking work too .also i see employment for the young has reached new heights .its going to be tougher than ever for college and uni leavers ,ill bet most of them will have to seek work abroad .but you cant blame people for this terrible job crisis ,to treat them as low lifes just makes them worse .
Dilizjo Dilizjo

Re: benefit scroungers

I have read this forum from beginning to end 3 times as I cannot get over the stereotyping by some narrow minded posters.

I had 5 children and stayed at home to care for them till my youngest was 18 months old, no benefits were claimed for as I was married and we struggled to finance everything ourselves.  I went back to work on nights so I could still fulfill my moral obligations as a mother.  As time went on I started working full time but again nights till the end of my marriage.  I then had to work full time as my youngest was still dependent on me he was cared for by his elder sister.   I had to give up work due to him developing emotional issues that prevented him from leaving the home without being constantly accompanied by a trusted family member, this led to him being de-registered from school as it was impossible to get him there. Before anyone jumps to the wrong conclusion that I allowed him to do this please bear in mind I would physically force him to get dressed and into the car to drive him there, then spend 2 hours in the school car park alongside 3 teachers trying unsuccessfully to get him out of the car. I spent many hours on the phone going round in circles trying to get help but to no avail as GPs won't make a home visit unless the patient is physically ill, so therefore no referrals were ever put in place.  No input to his education was ever forthcoming.  I did not claim any benefits at this time and lived off my savings and help from my ex-husband.

Anyway 5 years on my health deteriorated and after 2 years of experiencing severe pain I have finally been diagnosed with rheumatoid Arthritis, claimed ESA and low and behold failed the ATOS experience, luckily enough the decision maker at ESA spoke to me and took on board my issues with the fictitious ATOS report
and overturned it but for some reason put me in a WRAG, my condition deteriorates and cannot be cured, damage can be delayed by medication but the side effects of that are just as debilitating.

Due to this happening to me my son, now 19, has finally agreed to admit he has issues and has visited a DR which was a massive step forward, he has been diagnosed with Social Phobia and is undergoing CBT.  We have claimed ESA for him as well.  I have to accompany him to every appointment and watch the anxiety it causes him.  When he was sent his ATOS appointment I requested a home visit for obvious reasons only to turned down, even after they received medical evidence supporting this.  to cut a long story short they made 2 appointments that in turn the canceled at very short notice (on the day of appt) these actions caused my son great stress and he locked himself away in his room for days on end.  After lodging a formal complaint they gave him a home visit, which happened.  The report from this visit again was fictional and contained many contradictions and he failed it.
Now he is being forced to tribunal which he will not be able to attend.  My ultimate dream is that he can get over this and lead a 'normal' young life.

The whole point of this long winded post is to point out that there are thousands of people out there that are suffering due to the stupid ill thought out rules pertaining to benefits.  It is not easy claiming them and when doing so makes a lot of people sicker than they were when they began the process. In my humble opinion this is a blatantly against basic human rights.

I agree that there are people out there committing benefit fraud and whole heartedly condemn them, but please do not stereotype everyone on benefits, I personally find it embarrassing visiting the jobcentre.

One thing I have noticed on this site is that UNUM is advertised. Why? This company has been linked with ATOS so many times even to the point of the chief medical officer being with both at different times, they both also have advised the DWP in the Limited Capability for work assessment descriptors, both companies have had very negative reviews in the USA to the point they have been banned in some states. Just google ATOS/UNUM for information.

I apologize for the length of this post but surely the government need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Finally for those of you out there that want to think that all people on benefits are scroungers..... I sincerely hope that you never have to walk in my shoes, I would not wish that on my worst enemy, you never know what will hit you round the corner and all the planning and saving cannot save us all.
Rookery Rookery

Re: benefit scroungers

Dillizjo - I dont think anyone out there thinks that everyone who claims benefits is a scrounger BUT unfortunately there are a large number of people who are.  You say you never claimed benefits but if you had 5 children surely you claimed child allowance - that is a benefit.

Disgusted tax payer Disgusted tax payer

Re: benefit scroungers

Enough is enough.  People who are unwilling, yet able, to work should have their benefits stopped, or they should do community work.  I live in Brighton, there is so much they could do.  We have streets littered with rubbish, cigarette butts, dog poo.   Our beaches are littered.  There is so much work they could do to earn their benefit.
Also, why should I pay for unemployed people to pop out one kid after another?
Also, there is a large cohort of unemployed people who think their benefits come from the governement, they don't realise that it isn't the governments money, it is my money and the money of other tax payers.  So we should have a say in how the welfare system functions.
And why should people on benefits be allowed to spend my money on alcohol, drugs, gambling etc.  Stop giving them cash.  Give them food and clothing vouchers and credit on their energy bills.
Also, stop the Right to Buy scheme.  Did you know that for three years after someone has bought a council home, us taxpayers pay for all their repairs and maintenance work, even though they own the property.
David Cameron - sort it out, and not in 2015, now!
Disgusted tax payer Disgusted tax payer

David Cameron - sort it out, and not in 2015, now!

Re: benefit scroungers

dennis mcnulty dennis mcnulty

Re: benefit scroungers

i agree but you dont go far enough,set up camps make the blighters work for their £57 a week they have no one to blame but themselves.
richard turpin richard turpin

Re: benefit scroungers

i do love this site instead of kicking the dog when things arent goin well i can join in kicking the most vulnerable in our society,keep it up
JeffG JeffG

Re: 'benefit scroungers'

lorraine lorraine

Re: benefit scroungers

this is such a joke, i know at least one person who gets housing and single parent benifit and works full time and lives with her partner who also works full time.
in the past i have knowen a female who was claiming for a child who never lived with her

Re: benefit scroungers

SX200 SX200

Re: benefit scroungers

i have never known so much rubbish in my life if a person works they should be paid at a rate that the job is done in the same way as a person who is employed to do the job full time WOOD YOU WORK FOR NOTHING and what about those people who throw a sickie when all they have done is drank to much the night before should they get a sick note for thier day off if they are well enough to go to thier G P must be fit enough for work.
has for the new cars nine out of ten people cannot drive and need some person to take them out or to the shops these people who help drive them around recive for a week less than £10.00 per day were if they had to get a carerer would be nearer £10.00 per hour i have seen this first hand when my girl friend of eleven years passed away after she had a brian tumor the car was taken away the next day.
so think of this not all people are benifit scroungers it is easy to tar people with the same brush.
i kown a lot of people who cannot get a job despite aplying for lots of jobs and people who do not want jobs that are happy living of benifits.

were are these new jobs anyway for some reason the goverment thinks that by buildng new houses will kick start growth in our way back to the country we all know.
well i am sorry it cannot work you can build as many houses as you like nobody as the money to buy them.

     good luck to the liar at 10 DOWING STREET it is time for you to jump before you are pushed !!!!!!!!
SX200 SX200

SX200 SX200

SX200 SX200

     good luck to the liar at 10 DOWING STREET it is time for you to jump before you are pushed !!!!!!!!
JM Inverness JM Inverness

Re: benefit scroungers

There's an easy way to stop benefit scroungers - stop benefits after 3 months, just as they do in Spain.  The truly sick and deserving can then be re-assessed, the rest can get out and hussle - just like they do in India, where growth is 8.5%
C S C S

Re: benefit scroungers

Disgruntled Tax Payer,
I am twenty years old and have had to sign on for benefits because even though I've been searching and searching for a job for the last half a year following the completion of my college course. I can't go on to do my degree as its now too expensive and I cannot find work to save for it (even though paying rent and saving £9000 isn't realistic today). I've never met anybody who is happy to be on benefits. Want to solve the problem? Give us some more Jobs and a proper education system, also how about losing the whole religious thing? There's no way I'm letting my kids grow up to think like a busybody christian who complains about taxes and benefits and judgement from the god they won't stop harassing me about in the street with guilt trips and fear mongering just as our same government continues to adhere to, very similar to certain churches who are also swimming in private fortunes and immoral secrets.

It seems I got carried away, sorry.

The Public Rise.
Mrs Walker Mrs Walker

Re: benefit scroungers

Until I was redundent I worked for the UK Border Agency! I had a house and one let out, a nice car, a daughter and a husband!. I now have.. well less than nothing! My hubby couldn't deal with me being unemployed and I ended up with no job in a mate's spare room. I tried everything and suggested many different options to forward myself but the job centre PROHIBITED most of them! I have had one interview in over a year (despite applying for jobs virtually being my full time job) and they refused to assist me in getting there even thought the cost was a month's worth of JSA! I have been homeless and Jobless a year and just met a wonderful guy.. good thing? Nah! I have had my assistence stopped as he owns his own business. I would say fair enough but the fact he is only pulling a sum of £20(ish) a week in the black (which for a new start up is epic!) seems to be irrelivent to the government and leaves me in the inhumaine position of not even being able to buy sanitry supplies! IS THIS BENEFIT SCROUNGING? why do you tar everyone with this brush and leave those who HAD and WOULD work dam hard for a living SUFFER.. and it is SUFFERING.. please put yourselves in the position and ask about the TRUELY NEEDY when you make your ivory tower statements! it effects more than those few who give us a bad name!   Oh and that daughter I mentioned.. she's 7 and I can't afford to even travel to see her.. I can't afford a seperation to obtain what I am due in assets so due to the so called "Benefit" system I will loose everything! I could be supporting myself with my own money I EARNED
12345678 ... 28