benefit scroungers

123456 ... 28

Re: Benefits fraud

TJ TJ

Re: Benefits fraud

Peter

Save yourself the trip, the form is downloadable from from the Gov website.

Copy and pasted from the housing benefit claim form

Part 13 How we pay you
If you are a council tenant
Your council will pay any Housing Benefit you are awarded into your
rent account.
If you rent your home from a private landlord
Your council will usually pay your benefit to you. Your council can pay your
money
● straight into a bank or building society
● by cheque.
It is then your responsibility to pay your rent to your landlord.
In some cases, your council can pay your money direct to your landlord.
If you are unable to manage your rent payments, contact your council.
Your local council may ask you for more information.
If you rent your home from a housing association
You can choose how your council pays your benefit. Your council can pay
your money
● straight into a bank or building society
● by cheque, or
● direct to your landlord.

Re: Benefits fraud

TJ TJ

Re: Benefits fraud

Peter

I agree, housing benefit could, and should be paid direct to landlords which would prevent people keeping the rent money and then doing a 'moonlight'........Can't see a good reason why councils wouldn't do this as they pay council rents direct, I can only think it is administration costs.

Re: Benefits fraud

TJ TJ

Re: Benefits fraud

Peter

That sounds like a logical explanation, and it helps the council I suppose, as if someone can't rent privately because they are not working then it is the councils responsibilty to house them.

Re: Benefits fraud

Re: benefit scroungers

Keith Norris Keith Norris

Re: benefit scroungers

Gill,

Firstly, I completely agree with you point... However, there are many people who are forced to cheat the system because of the rules. Until a Govenment sucessfully works out a way of setting a minimum wage and topping up people who are prepared to work for less this will never be resolved. Its just that its easier to cheat the system and get more money than take a low paid job so there are no winners.

BTW I have worked and paid taxes all my life.

Re: benefit scroungers

a patriot a patriot

Re: benefit scroungers

wow !! £12 per hour..... I could live like a king on that, like so many other people over 50 being made redundant it's very hard to find a job that pays more than minimum wage in my area. Made redundant again last september I am now on my second job and in a call centre at that being paid just pennies above the min wage, have to wear a shirt n tie and be told what to do by a 20 year old. I have worked all my life, paid in to the system and not just by tax and insurance but by all the things us peasants do, drink, drive and smoke and it grieves me no end to read about what all these immigrants can claim for, in addition to our jobs being outsourced, we even import workers because apparently we are too thick to be employable. Unless we see a dramatic change in our government we are up the shitter . Well done herrr blair and herr cameron for fulfilling hitlers dream !!

Re: benefit scroungers

Trev West Trev West

Re: benefit scroungers

Paul C I think you live in cloud cockoo land £12.00 as a minimum wage Who would fund this Service companies would up prices, fuel etc would cost more and still the idle b******s who wont work would be subsidised by the real people who try to make a better living for their families and always get penilised.

By the way two people in our area have just been taken in care homes ,one who has worked all her life, as had to sell her home to cover the cost of care, the other a well known local P*** artist living in subsidised council accomodation vertually all his life and who openly  boasts about not working, as costs paid for by the state. IS THIS CORRECT.

Perhaps we should all say to hell with it and retire on the £12.00 per hour as you suggest ab let the goverment keep us all

Re: benefit scroungers

 'Brush-top 'Brush-top

Re: benefit scroungers

 Peter C, this is the first time I have visited the site, you seem to be very active, I think you must be around the same age as me. You do seem to have some quite radical views, I like that. I do not reside in UK, I left for warmer climes 12 years ago hoping for a little relief from Arthitus, sadly to no avail but still very happy. With plenty of time on my hands I do watch TV quite a lot, I prefere the news and current affairs programs. I have found myself getting really angry of late with what I feel is the irresponsible decisions that the government is making, there appear to be so many that I have started to wonder if I am becoming senile but having read some of the letters on this sight I now realise that I am not alone in my thoughts. Although many of the decisions do not affect me I feel for the people that are affected, in many cases people who are unable or find it difficult to speak up for themselves, such as the elderly or disabled. I cringe when I hear that benefits of £4.5 Billion are paid to Drug Addicts and Alcoholics [ this figure includes supplying Methadone to the Addicts] and by the same breath we see Day Centres being closed down,Libraries, Homes for the Elderly, the list goes on. Why is the British taxpayer financing the bombing of Lybia and yet the world stands by and watches Syria use Tanks on its people, Mugabe strips the assets of Zimbabwe and the world stands by and watches, could the difference be 'OIL'.  It's a wonderful thing to help people less fortunate than ourselves but should we not get our own house in order first, I was brought up to always live within my means or cut you garment according to your cloth, good old fashion ideals. Do you ever watch 'Saints and Scroungers' what a revelation, who do you blame, the 'Claiments' of those who let them get away with it, food for thought.  Must go now, time to eat, I look forward to returning to this site.

Re: benefit scroungers

Frankie Frankie

Re: benefit scroungers

Dear David having met u in oxford once i found u to be a really charming man . so imagine how i felt and the horror inside me about mentally ill people killing themselves after being told by ATOS they had failed their assessments and were fit for work .
 One poor soul had been assessed up to 3 times each time winning his appeal. In the end he sadly ended his life .This is morally wrong.
 These people are not being protected like you promised but being hounded to death . Bipolar and Schizophrenia cannot be faked so why are these poor souls being treated like this to save money? after all u have lots of money to bomb Libya.
 There are lots of scroungers if i'm honest with you but people with these illnesses are not scroungers. These are life-threatening illnesses.
 To have Bipolar and so on, and ATOS say you are fit to work, but the Jobcentre say you are not, is wrong - morally.
 The british public are a caring, loving race, and are known for their charitable ways. But i don't think they know the truth about how these poor souls are being treated with these two untreatable illnesses.
People with Bipolar and Schizophrenia should be exempt from the new ESA assessment. They need the good british public to fight their corner for them because they can't do it themselves.
We need your love, protection and care.
eyeswideopen eyeswideopen

Re: benefit scroungers

WAIT TILL YOU NEED HELP THEN YOU WILL SEE WHOS THE SCROUNDGERS,THE HAVE FIDDLED MILLIONS ALONG WITH MPS, PEOPLE PAY NAT INSURANCE FOR SUCH BENEFITS, AS TO BE UNEMPLOYED, THEY ARE ENTITLED TO THEM WHEN NEEDED.
fedupwithuk fedupwithuk

Re: benefit scroungers

I am, unfortunately, forced to live on benefits due to a very painful disability.  However, I worked for as long as I could and maybe even longer than I should.  I had really good jobs and paid my tax and national insurance like any good citizen.  What really angered me was that every day I see people in my locality who ither work nor want.  Most have never worked and I have seen them every day for 30 years in the pub every day.  I had to fight for every last penny even thoug my disability is easily proven by xrays.  Even the women at the benefits office told me the whole system is geared for people who know how to use it.  I was honest and frank in my answers and it took a year to get things sorted.  My condition  degenerative and I will not get better but at least I am alive.  Why is the system not geared for those who have paid their dues instead of those who have never contributed anything to society and why are those of us who are honest being penalised instead of those who are not?
alan.ennis alan.ennis

Re: benefit scroungers

I am of the opinion that if you work hard for a living then you should reap the rewards, or at least experience a positive differential from those who do not. (you should have more money). However I must say that it is sad to see the targeting of people on benefits en masse, but then it dosent surprise me as most people seem to lack the imagination or the will to see beyond any kind of official propaganda. Some people deserve to be on benefits...because they are ill or can't cope or whatever, it is because we have this system that we can hold our heads up and say we look after our sick and vulnerable. I work long hours in my taxi and yes...I pay my income tax and national insurance...plus the tax the government makes from the £200 per week I pay in fuel.

I pick up many people, and yes there have been people I have judged to be scroungers who have irritated me after getting up at 5.00am, to take them here and there in what I judged to be their pathetic lives. One such person I am no longer required to pick up. I learned that he had committed suicide after years of depression brought on by the loss of his young family in a tragic accident. I choose not to label people scroungers even in my mind now even though I know they must be out there somewhere. If you can guarantee a hundred percent accuracy in enforcement then fine, but I wouldn't want one innocent person to suffer for the sake of saving money. Thats the philosophy of criminals my friends.

Thanks for reading.
123456 ... 28