benefit scroungers

1 ... 45678910 ... 28

Re: benefit scroungers

David Rimmer;

I totally agree that job seekers claimants should have to work for the payment they receive in order to preserve the relationship between work and pay,however if they are a single parent with small children then a degree of dispensation may be necessary unless free child care is available.

As for the Job Centre experience I totally agree with your comments regarding the League of Nations, in fact I would go further and say that the Job centre staff are predominately from third world nations, who sit almost in moral judgement over indigenous Britains who have been disgarded by British employers who prefer Eastern europeans and third world migrants who are prepared to work for less than British workers.

Re: benefit scroungers

Re: benefit scroungers

Jenlo Jenlo

Re: benefit scroungers

Peter C,
I agree with you, if they can find me a job i want the going rate for doing it.

I left school at 15 (1967), apart from having some time off for my one child i have always worked.
I was made redundant at the age of 55 in 2007.
I have done 100's of 'Spec letters', applications and e-mails.
Ageism does exist.
I should have been retiring this year, but of course i have another two years to wait now.
I have done my bit but i am pushed from one quango to the next.

As for foreigners in the JSA offices i have seen them all.
One really made me angry.
A Philippino/Malaysia or similar person was sat with a translator as the foreigner couldn't 'speak no English'.
After a long time of translation, the Jobcentre woman said "Just tell her to sign the form and she will receive her money by the end of next week"
What right do these people have to be here and claim from the welfare system.

Yet a friend of mine who was made redundant can't claim a penny.
She has worked 40 years the same as me.
The reason..........Her husband is receiving a pension from an ex employer.

The only way a British person will be dealt with fairly is for us to move to another country become a national of that country then come back.
Then we will be able to claim these fantastic houses and all the benefits that go with it.
Lisa Marie Treen Lisa Marie Treen

Re: benefit scroungers

I would like to know why reducing benefits to £500 a week is a good thing... I work full time and don't earn this much... So annoying ... I still live with my parents at the age of 41 ... just because, as a single female on low income I cannot afford to rent ...or earn enough to get a mortgage. Part buy, part rent is pointless as it costs more per month than a mortgage. I am on the council list and have been for approx 5 yrs. Is it likely that I will ever afford to move out of  my parents home... Make these scroungers earn their benifits.

Re: benefit scroungers

Re: benefit scroungers

Peter C,
Hi peter, I wonder how someone on Jobseekers allowance of £69 per week irrispective of whether they are living at home or in rented accommodation can pay for electricity, gas, their rent or board and food without endangering their health from malnutrition or hypothermia during cold weather without claiming other benefits.

If that person were to find a part time job (27 hours) that paid the national minimum wage, then assuming a total deduction of 30% for tax and NI that would leave a disposable income in the region of £105 per week. they would automatically loose a proportion of their benefit support, but would still have to pay for the same basics needs and utilities.

Could they make ends meet?

Could they protect their health?

Are they really scroungers?

Re: benefit scroungers

Re: benefit scroungers

Peter C

Well said Peter, I take your point that living at home would suggest a lower outlay, but that is not always the case as it would depend on the generousity of the parents and the finances current within the household, so if we accept the first scenario, presumably there would be more money left for personal spending, however it won't be very much/

Re: benefit scroungers

Re: benefit scroungers

A recent case of a mother of 9 who is in receipt of almost £30,000 a year in child benefits and DLA for one of the childrenis expecting a 10th baby and is demanding that she be rehoused because her 4 bedroomed house is too stressful, her boyfriend who is a metal worker earns £1,000 a month.

I have no doubt that they are also in reciept of working tax credits, housing benefits and council tax rebates as well

Morally this woman and her boyfriend disgust me, they view their offspring as the necessary criteria to gain extra money from the state, every time one of her children becomes too old for child benefit she has another.

The government should stop this woman by means of compulsury sterilisation.
Jenlo Jenlo

Re: benefit scroungers

These two people Should be sterilised and any other family that have as many.

Re: benefit scroungers

I fear they can only learn the hard way, especially if the government brings in a ceiling way below what they are currently receiving - then, perhaps, they will learn what it is to live within one's means.
David A
Lisa Marie Treen Lisa Marie Treen

Peter,
The people I refer to as "scroungers" are the people that expect a living to be handed to them on a plate without any effort of getting off their backsides to look for work. Spending their benefits on cigarettes, alcohol and drugs and keep dropping kids they cannot afford to keep. I agree there are genuine people out there that deserve a better living...but it is so easy in this country for these scroungers... you just have to watch Jeremy Kyle each morning to see how many of them there are...

Re: Peter C

Scroungers,

How many of these social parasites do not have any of the following items in or at their homes;

A Satelite dish
A BSkyB HD decoder
A large LCD television
A Laptop PC
A Wii Box
An X Box
A G3 mobile phone
A Smaller LCD television in a bedroom
A Pit bull type status dog
A Car
And lastly a foreign holiday brochure

How can someone on benefits afford these luxuries and buy food, clothing and pay for energy services?

Re: Peter C

Re: Peter C

Re: Peter C

Hi Peter C,

In 1974 I was ethnicly cleansed from the london Borough of Brent and moved to Northampton.
Initially I moved into a new council house in an equally new estate.

There was another family nearby who were on benefits, The husband was an alcoholic every two weeks he received a giro from the social, this was not for his wife and two children, it was for his drinking habit, oh and yes the family received their own giro as well.

His wife who was from southern Ireland returned to her birthplace every year not just to see her relatives but to inspect her properties she owned there which she rented out to tenants.

The Husband died in 2011 from liver falure, from when I first met him in 1974 in all those 37 years this scrounger had never done a days work and had never given up his drink problem which was funded throughout by the state.

Re: benefit scroungers

Re: Peter C

1 ... 45678910 ... 28