benefit scroungers

1 ... 3456789 ... 28

Re: benefit scroungers

pete pete

Re: benefit scroungers

I completely agree with this comment.

Something needs to be done. Its really not fair on the people who work hard. Get them out doing work in the community.

It has to be sorted because its not setting their children a good example either.
pete pete

Re: benefit scroungers

If i didn't have a job i would take any job that was there even if it meant cleaning toilets, these jobs exist but people are too picky.

i think people shouldn't be able to be so picky.
pete pete

Re: benefit scroungers

Completely agree with you.

I think tax payers should have a say in how their money is spent especially when it comes to benefits.

Fair enough if someone is disabled i don't expect them to be doing community work, but people who could work but don't should have to do community work.

There are so many people that choose not too work, and its not right. Especially when you see their face book status and they are yet again drinking! i don't see why money should be going to them so they can buy their weed and alcohol. And no way should they be able to afford cars.

Re: benefit scroungers

Re: benefit scroungers

pete pete

Re: benefit scroungers

im only referring to those who choose not to work and there are a lot of them, a lot, anyone who disputes that come and see me and i can give names of many i know of.

and they are a problem and in my opinion this country needs a dictator to wipe them out.

Re: benefit scroungers

Re: benefit scroungers

This post was updated on .
FOREIGNERS GET £2.1BN IN BENEFITS EVERY YEAR

A Government report showed that 371,000 people claiming working-age benefits were non-British citizens.

The figure, which represents six per cent of the 5.5million working-age benefit claimants in the UK, triggered fresh anger about the huge burden of benefit tourism/migration.

Robert Oxley, Campaign Manager of the Tax Payers’ Alliance, said: “With billions at stake the proper controls need to be in place to prevent benefit tourism/migration from swallowing up taxpayers’ money.”
Released by the Department for Work and Pensions, the report was the first time that Government officials had attempted to track the country of origin of claimants, with the top three identified as Pakistan, Somalia and India.

A total of 258,000 claimants came from outside the European Economic Area – which includes the EU and the Nordic countries – with the overwhelming majority coming from Asia, Africa and the Middle East.

The £2.1billion of benefits claimed – out of a total of £35billion – included Job Seeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Disability Living Allowance and Employment and Support Allowance.
Employment Minister Chris Grayling said: “In developing Universal Credit we are looking at how to record nationality at source.”

If the total benefits bill for 5.5 million claimants(the vast majority of whom ar genuine) is £35billion, that would produce an average cost per capita of £6,363 per annum.
However the 371,000 non EU claimants receive £2.1 Billion, that produces a cost per capita of £6,745per annum

How is it that Non UK benefit claiments are receiving on average an extra £382 per annum?

How is it that our Government allows non UK citizens to claim benefits at all?

The Government own figures indicate that 2% of these non British claimants are illegals and thus not intitled to claim, thats 7,420 claims costing £4,785,900 per annum, How is that possible?

Re: benefit scroungers

I'm afraid I do not know the answer to your questions John but from recent programs I have seen it would appear that the authorities rely on tip offs from members of the public in order to track down this fraudsters. There do not appear to be thorough enough checks on these people when they apply for benefits, when the technology available today should make it easy.  Too many corners are cut when these people enter the country, like the waiving of regulations when airports are busy etc. Our border controls need to be much tougher and if that means employing more staff so be it.  As a tax payer I would prefer my money being spent on securing our borders and creating jobs for indigenous people rather than in benefits to foreigners. Boris Johnson accused British people of being lazy yesterday saying hard working foreigners were happy to work. Yes because compared to the wages they would earn in their own countries it's like being paid a fortune and they are prepared to suffer substandard living conditions in order to send money back home. Until we have a government who force employers to pay a "living" wage in this country things will not change. The tax payer has to subsidize low income families with working tax credits and child credits, where is the sense in that? We need a fairer society where the lower paid get a larger slice of the cake and the
fat cats contribute more instead of just taking more. They continue to find highly paid jobs on Quangos and other meaningless regulatory committees etc. for these rich parasites in our society who produce absolutely nothing and expect the rest of
us to work until we drop for peanuts. I would prefer monies used to pay benefits
be used to help small and medium sized companies create jobs and pay a decent
wage and as other countries do put our own people first in the queue. I would add
that I am not being racist - it's called patriotism!

Re: benefit scroungers

I was until recently a Hackney carriage driver, I have 35 years experience in that trade, Up to 1996 the number of immigrants working in the "Taxi" trade was less than 15%, now days that number has risen to approximately 74%.
In a recent conversation with a British born Asian driver who actually looks at life in a British way I was astonished to learn that a good 90% of the Asian drivers in my town (Taxi and minicab) which amounts to almost a thousand drivers are claiming working tax credits because they claim to earn less than £6000 p.a and since the average number children per muslim family numbers between 4-5 they will also be claiming child benefits.
Most of these drivers will own their own vehicles, those in the Hackney carriage trade will have bought brand new vehicles costing £30000+ or are on HP at £700 per month, most if not all of the Asian drivers are working 15 hours per day, 7 days a week except during Ramadam.

Most of the Asian drivers are however able to visit Pakistan or bangladesh for family visits at least once a year, some will fullfill their Islammic obligations by attending the Haj, not a cheap endeavour at £3-4k, the homeland visits are normally for 6-8 weeks in duration.
However that has little effect on their ability to continue earning income in the UK as the normal practice is to rent out their vehicle for that time to another driver, whether such an arrangement is recorded in their tax returns is quite another matter.

I know of one driver who commutes to my town from luton every day, he owns hundreds of acre's of land in Pakistan, he has built a 16 bedroom house/hill station plus stables in the hills north of Islamabad for his 8 racehorses and kennels for breeding his large guard dogs which sells to protect the property of wealthy pakistani businessmen,all from driving minicabs and Taxis.

I can only wonder what I am doing wrong as I have never despite working 70 hours a week been able to enjoy such financial rewards.

Steve Tinsley Mr Steve Tinsley Mr

Re: benefit scroungers

Yes agreed!
Not only that there are certain people in our community that think that it is right to have children to claim extra cash.
Child benefit should be also capped at two/three children so that it makes it worth while to actually go to work.Any more children you want you must pay for yourself!

I worked hard engineering all my life and have done so for 40years and have never earned 26K in my life.It would be nice to earn that amount of money let alone get over 26K for nothing.

Steve Tinsley aged 57 Engineering Inspector Stoke on trent.
steviel steviel

Re: benefit scroungers

I felt i needed to reply to you. The state who provides for those you refer to are actually your friends and neighbours. I don'nt mean those in recipt of benefits, i mean those who pay them. The State is the tax payer. The tax payer is stretched to the limit!  I wonder would red Ed let his credit card get so far out of control.
 His party maxed out our (the british tax payers) cerdit card and now he seems to want to apply for another as in (vote for me i will borrow more in your name) and spend it in mine. Give the guy a break. His best mate and adviser is Ed the (you only have to stab your brother in the back. i've got to live with Yvette) People like this should be banned from public life!!!!! Only my opinion.....I think
Gerry Gerry

Re: benefit scroungers

Other than  a brief 'blip' in '84, I have worked full-time since I was 16. Prior to that, I did a 5 mile paper round 6 days a week, morning and evening. On Sundays, it was "only" the daily paper, but I had to return halfway through the round for the second bath of papers, as they were so heavy. I also collected money for deliveries that day. On Sunday afternoons, I tended the gardens for some pensioners on my round and refused any money that they offered me.
When I was 14 and at Grammar School,, I kept this up, plus working at a petrol station until 11:00 pm on Fridays.
On Saturdays, I helped-out a butcher's and -at 15- worked Saturdays and school holidays as an assistant insurance broker. When I left school at 16, I was given my own office and -due to experience of working with a motor claims colleague-also worked in that field.
From then until the '80's, I worked in many fields and am glad that I had the chance to experience these.
Work became hard to come by as the '80's(Thatcher years), both for myself and my wife. All we were able to get were short-term contracts and so I trained in a different field and secured a job 200 miles away and we moved there on an agreed overdraft -which was a struggle.
Any fairy who believes that life is better on benefits for the young people/couples or families must have a screw loose!
When my wife and I could afford it, we went for ONE drink, prior to, "last  orders" some nights.
I continuously worked my fingers to the bone full-time and -when our first child was on the way- I worked as a domestic, 18:00 till21:00, three nights a week.
I'd previously- for 6 months- worked seven days a week, weekdays 07:00 till 22:00, Saturdays 07:00 till 18:00 and Sundays 07:00 till 13:00.
People are swallowing the bait, and the last writer is merely following the trend as generated by this government who are using the tried and tested "Divide and conquer" attitude.
I spent over 20 years in the public sector, working unpaid overtime, covering for sick colleagues and giving-up time that I should have spent with my family.
I've since retired from the NHS. No, the pensions aren't "gold-plated" by any means.
In the private sector, I'd at least have been paid around 30% more and would have had enough to take-out a decent private pension!
I used to leave home at about 05:30 and it wasn't unusal for me to have to ring my wife to say that I wouldn't be home until 18:30. No overtime rate,no time off in lieu.
More to the point, David, have you ever done a decent days' work in your entire life?
Have you ever been 28 feet in the air, expected to run 7 ft. on a metal beam only 1 1/2" wide with no safety rope and only a concrete floor to cushion you if you slipped?
Thank God I'll be dead soon and not have to bother about it, but I do worry about my childrens' future.
One is at a College of Art and Design and the other at a University. Will there be any jobs for them once they've qualified?
As for the ConDems' attitude towards negotiative Trade Unions("Let's scrap them and to the workhouse"), I can only forsee further political and public unrest, nay, even anarchy.
Will I ever see a Tory in a manual, repetitive job handling metal parts and having to wrap their fingers with insulation tape so that the metal doesn't penetrate the skiin? More likely we'll find life on Mars.

Ann Tomlins Ann Tomlins

Re: benefit scroungers

Dear David,

We should place the elderly in prisons.
They will get a shower a day, video surveillance in case of problems, three meals a day, access to a library, computer, TV, gym, doctors on-site, free medication if needed.
Put criminals in nursing homes. They have cold meals, lights off at 7pm, two showers a week, live in a smaller room and pay rent at some silly rate a month!!!

It's sad that we treat prisoners better than the elderly.... the UK system is all wrong!
a patriot a patriot

Re: benefit scroungers

only one way to deal with these so called benefit scroungers,  and that's for herr cameron to resurrect the gas chambers, chuck all the scroungers in, and why stop there, lets chuck all the oap's in for good measure, oh and lets not forget all the disabled people.......... We'll then be able to bring in even more immigrants, offer them the homes we've freed up and the politicians can stash away even more cash with their back-handers.
The lunatics really HAVE taken over the asylum !!!!!

Re: benefit scroungers

johnfairest johnfairest

Re: benefit scroungers

There is the issue of the number of jobs and the number of applicants equation.
All the parrties appear to be in agreement about the number issue of vacancies
a patriot a patriot

Re: benefit scroungers

so what's the agreement ??
what I can see, there is mass unemployment, especially with the young, so what do the government do .........
increase the the retirement age, bloody marvellous !!!  it's only because it's cheaper to pay an old codger jsa than it is to pay a pension.
All manufacturing has gone overseas and even the service sector is outsourced to places like india, egypt, etc etc

Good ole herr cameron, keep bringing in the immigrants, they will save us, force the scroungers into jobs that are no longer there,   what a country, I feel so sorry for all the lives lost through 2 world wars to prevent this happening only to be let down by stupid bloody greedy politicians
Dave Rimmer Dave Rimmer

Re: benefit scroungers

I recently became one of these benefit scroungers, not through choice, and would do anything to get back to work. I have always had a belief that people should work for their benefit, especially when I look at the state of the environment in which we live. We are surrounded by filth. Our communities look like war torn beirut. I would personally like to see work gangs cleaning the streets and when they have done  a days work that is when they sign and get their benefits. I would have no problem doing this myself. It would however put jeremy Kyle out of business.

My other issue is going into the benefit office and being surrounded by the league of nations with their noses buried deeply in the trough. I will vote for any government that shuts the bloody door as quite soon I truly believe this sceptred isle will sink into the sea under the weight of the worlds sad cases. we can't even look after our own country so stop trying to look after everyone elses!!!!!!!!
1 ... 3456789 ... 28