Quantcast

benefit scroungers

1234 ... 28
Gill Walker Mrs Gill Walker Mrs

benefit scroungers

Dear David

I voted for you because you said you would do something about our benefit society but am fast losing faith in you going down our street i still see all the same scroungers still quite happy on the benefit system because its not worth going out to work like the rest of us do.
why dont the scroungers have to do some sort of community work so that in a way they have earned the the handouts they receive so as to reduce the anger us tax payers feel.

disgruntled tax payer disgruntled tax payer

benefit scroungers

i work in a charity and see lots of people who dont want jobs and are quite happy living off benefits , something should be done to make them get off their backsides and look for work , also they have child after child and the state has to provide for them , i know of someone who is having her 8th child and neither her or her partner work , her sister was caught working while claiming job seekers allowance but hasnt been taken to court or had to pay it back , i see people who go to interviews dirty and untidy so they know they wont be offered a job , i have worked all my life i have back problems but i will provide for myself and would hate to rely on handouts but now i have to work till im 66 how unfair is that !!!! i dont think i will cast a vote at the next election this country seems very unfair if i didnt have a concience maybe me and my husband would be better off like the rest of them , something really must be done to stop the scroungers of this country .
Dai Power (Ammanford Wales) Dai Power (Ammanford Wales)

Benefit Cheats

May I suggest a further way forward,
Employ a benefits investigator in every major custody unit in each Police Force. You will then see first hand the burglar who is on sick because of a bad back etc, and who has just run from the Police carrying a swag bag. Stop their sickness money and mobility car etc.
This will also help us share information between eachother and help identify other cheats and criminal offences

Bring in a policy where your legal aid gets stopped after 3 convictions. That will save you a whole host of money. I have seen people who have had legal aid 80 times and we are paying for that. Surely they have had the chance to rectify their behaviour.

phil phil

cheats

hi , never had time to write to this section before ,to busy workin 7 days aweek to keep my company going , i employ 21 staff , and am very proud of them all ,they all turn up for work in all weathers , most have familys , they all struggle to keepso how the  up morgage payments and the running of a car to get them to work on time , so how the hell o people get mobilty cars when they can easily get public transport , just sit at tescos and watch these people park in disable bays and then walk to store unaided , no stick ,no zimmer , i know of three people who have these cars ,one is a new volvo estate , my friend has just been told he can no longer work through illness , so first thing they do is put him on mobility , picks his new car up next week and sold his own car , free tax ,free insurance ,free service , what a joke this is , no wonder the country has money problems , the workin man is paying for all this , i came from a family of nine , my father worked nights all his life lorry driving , he never owned a car ,and never claimed a penny in benifits , we lived in a council house three bedroom , always had cooke meals clean clothes , i can go on forever, just hope this goverment comes down hard on all these scroungers , and give help to the ones who need help the most , my bloods boiling ,so better go
mrs pierce mrs pierce

jobs instead of benifits

can,t wait to see how you are going to employ women from cultures that only stay at home to look after the children and husband wish i had had that opportunity ??
paulob1 paulob1

Re: jobs instead of benifits

home work is possible for many many parents...if they however dont want to work and can afford not to then who are we (thats you and me) to offer any criticism of that...if thats what they want let them get on with it...some parents want money more than looking after their kids...money doesnt make their life's any better, just different, they need love and attention not money...sorry I know this because I was and am an awful father, I spent all my time working...not loving my kids...I was wrong.
michael scott caulton michael scott caulton

Re: benefit scroungers

we are living in a time were it is no longer good to be british. i am dissgisted with the way my partner has been treated and is being treated by succesive goverments and this so called shambles of a national health service. since the age of eighteen she has suffered back problems undergoing 2 operations over the  years which have done nothhing to help her. a couple of years ago it was decided by a panel of sit on their bum experts that she was fit enough to return to work. which she did finding a job as a community carer where she helped people less fortunate than herself to do so of the basic daily functions. in the process of doing her job and assisting one of her clients off the floor and back into bed she suffered damage to her spine this was last november and both of us have endured the endless pass the parcel appointments of various departments off the health service to be taken down the same paths off ineffective treatments she has been told she has a protruding disc but this is not the cause of her pain. she has also been examined by a chap who works for a private company to asses if she can claim sickness benefit and heres the laff after a 5 minute test which included my partner standing up arms at her side she was asked to put her hands out and turn them palm up, then palm down. she was asked if she could bend over to which my partner replied No. that was the extent of her exam she was asked a few question as well about how far we had parked away from the test centre. and on this basis she was deemed fit for work it is now 6.31 in the morning and i have endured another night of listening to her crying and shouting out in pain are we really this rubbish at sorting the sufferes from the shirkers mr Cameron we are all looking at you to sort out this idle backed lot of malingerers we call britain but be careful as you do it your voting public is getting a very differant picture your Michael Scott Caulton.
paulob1 paulob1

Re: benefit scroungers

There are going to be mistakes but i think it is the same old story, the people in the positions of power, even the middle management let the power go to their heads...

I have suffered back pain since i was a child.  I have never had a day off except when I literally could not move which happens from time to time.  I have had no ops and no help from the NHS...I dont think there is much they can do so I dont blame them...

I think that the NHS is sadly no longer truly that good...it needs a lot of work to become better...the larger part of the rubbish is due to health and safety rubbish, due to people always wanting bigger wages, always wanting money over care...it has become a sad fact that the care in our hospitals is no longer care but money controlled minimalistic management...

it needs a lot of work...the back is broken but no one believes people with back pain until they have it themselves...
Chris McNair-Chaplin Chris McNair-Chaplin

Re: benefit scroungers

I could not agree with you more, and the solution is very simple. The government should set up a national task force comprising of all claimants of unemployment benefits. They would all have to report to their local authority at a centre set up to tackle all the jobs required to keep the towns, villlages & countryside in pristine condition.( Parks, Roads & Road Signs, Grafity etc.)
They would be allocated work by each of the departments under a foreman who would ensure that the work was done as required. Slackers would not be paid after being given a warning.
They would have to bring their NI cards to verify their identity each day, and if they did not turn up they would not be paid.
If they feigned sickness, they would have to produce a doctors note, even for one day - or not be paid.
This would not only eliminate fraud, it would keep the whole country looking great and give all claimants a big incentive to find work.
Simple, but has ANY government got the resolve to do it???
I doubt it.
paulob1 paulob1

Re: benefit scroungers

agree chris put this forward many times...
BAS52 BAS52

Re: benefit scroungers

I'm on jobseeker's allowance and I have told them I'm going for an interview for a part-time job
which is six to 10 hours a week.  And they had replied and said for every £10 that my own they will take five so where is the incentive to get a job
marc davies marc davies

Re: benefit scroungers

 The system you are porporting is totally un democratic. we live in Britain, which i think is a great country, just look around the world and all the problems they have and all the deaths from various conditions, bad sanitary environments, natural disasters and dictatorships, surely your not asking for that kind of society.
  I agree we do have problems, but it is nothing the people, if we stick together within a democratic process can  resolve.
 In other countries, they dont get any of what we get, that's why they all want to come here, but thats another debate.
paulob1 paulob1

Re: benefit scroungers

Marc

This is true.  However there is still within the country two very strong opposites...labour and Conservatives, or maybe i should say labour Unions and the conservatives.

The former still think they should run the country, the workers...the latter still have a bit of a gripe about the combination of inequality and idiocy that can overrule all good sense in the quest for 15 minutes less work time or a few pence more income...

Most of the UK workforce is hard working and reliable...it is a largish minority, that take a massive amount of cash out of the UK budget...

Unemployed people and non violent convicts should be doing council work, no demeaning work but valuable work for society.  Not as punishment or anything else but as a form of rehabilitation.  Get them back into feeling a part of society.  Fighting them for ever is all we will do if we dont get them back into reasonable society.
martin martin

Re: benefit scroungers

Paul, please don't knock the NHS unless you know what your talking about....Without the total dedication of a heart team I would not be here today, they gave me a quad heart bypass and got me back to work paying my taxes....Two years ago they saved me from having my leg removed from a genetic problem so I could retain the love from my family and give it......Those who have had an anaesthetic before a serious operation will verify what I'm saying, you pray you will come round....The NHS may have problems but most of it is in the area you seem to be so proud off... Bloody bad management and lack of funding.....Not the workers who you seem to have a downer on....I would say a larger majority of them in the NHS give more than 100% in their work....I have run many business's and I was proud of my workforce....I respected them and they respected me.....It may be you who has a problem with the working class and those less fortunate than yourself...I hope you never ever have to face that time when you are facing a major operation to keep you going, you wouldn't run the NHS down......99.99999% of the time under the conditions they work, they get it right..
David Rawlins David Rawlins

Re: Benefit Cheats

The answer is simpler than this ; every Police Officer who suspects that an offender that he/she is dealing with is fiddling benefits, has a duty to inform the benefits fraud office. This could constitute fraud, and they are the appropriate prosecuting body to deal with it.
Also the proceeds of crime act gives the Police powers to seize financial assets from criminal activity.
Do remember that ANY member of the public can also "dob" in benefit cheats.......remember its your money that they are stealing, just as sure as if thay have stolen your wallet !!
David Rawlins David Rawlins

Re: benefit scroungers

The incentive is plain.....you take home £5 more out of every £10 when you are working. Also its easier when working to move to a better paid position than it is to get a job from a position of unemployment.
Work is also better for you, and better for society in general, because now you contribute to a system where before you were just drawing from it.
Its not brain surgery is it ?
james tetley james tetley

Re: benefit scroungers

feed them to the lions i say !!
Alan White Alan White

Re: benefit scroungers

The coalition are very clever in diverting attention to "benefit scroungers" away from their own MPs, ministers and friends  who have various ways in which they have avoided contributing financially to getting the country back on its feet. I see a lot of anger from us, the gullible 'man in the street' public.
Perhaps we should take a closer look at what the people with the power and influence in the UK are up to with their financial affairs when they say WE are all in it together! When what they really mean is: YOU are paying for all the financial mess the people who run the country either caused or allowed to happen and YOU are paying us for the privilege of finding ways to make YOU pay to get US out of the mire. For example, David Cameron's business council appears to be made up of people who avoid their taxes in the UK by moving their tax affairs off-shore: Very patriotic and "in it together". Sir Philip Green demonstrates his patriotism and gratitude for being elevated to the Lords by not paying his Tax in the UK, but of course feels comfortable in advising the Coalition on how to put more UK citizens out of work to join "the work-shy". Do not forget, cuts in the public sector will also affect those in the private sector relying on government contracts. But there is hope: Mr Cameron's personal photographer is one jobseeker who has been successful in gaining employment in the public sector becoming a civil servant when all around him civil servants are being made redundant.
bill clinton bill clinton

Re: cheats

Why not learn to spell............Moron. You may get a Disability yourself someday,I hope you remember your comments then. Maybe the Millionaires Club which is the Cabinet will come to your aid....but dont hold your breath...........on second thoughts Do hold your breath..........
Mike Mike

Re: benefit scroungers

Would work with somone infected with HIV, Hepatitis A, B, C, ? I was infected with all these killer viruses as a direct reult of infected NHS treatment. and I was forced to give up  my emplyment of 35 years as a result.
So please do more research befoer condeming us all.

Again would you work along side a persom infected with all these viruses and how many employers would offewr me a job?
I await your reply
1234 ... 28