Quantcast

armed police

nigel schofield nigel schofield

armed police

wherever ive been in the world ive been reassured their police have a firearm,not ours,its time to say sod the police good dooers.they are our so called protectors of the law.Arm them as soon as possible,Ive sent numerous mail over the years over this and police carrying gsds in panda cars.to no avail.The Police officers have been found now to have no protection from criminals.Has no one searched the archives for assistant commissioner Don Smiths thesis in the 80s/90s?now retired.I used to play squash with him.He told me it costs me 12 grand for a plod-I can get 12 GSDS for that and every police panda car should have a GSD in the back!"you see the dog doesent have to do anything most of the time-its a threat and will protect the PC"We used 20 yrs ago to get a community visit from a copper-we havent seen one for yrs and when prince williams 22 squadron used me as a radio coordinator the police arrived after wed moved the casualty 2 hrs later-they couldnt find us!
I know politics is boring but Don told me about a pub in London where they suspected a fight and he insisted 2 GSDS go to it-well the well groomed seargent-with his pristin collar and tie sat in the back off the police car and objected to the GSD drooling over him saying"get this dog off me"He likes you said the handler-so big pub punchup windows breaking with thrown objects-until the 2 dogs went in-a blow on the whistle and the cry from the handler"next one this dog will drop"end of storey .fight stopped and the copper who had previously said he hated GSDS said"Next time well always take one!We have been rescuing GSDS for 20 yrs in north wales and im convinced Don Smiths paper before he retired was correct for the met ,where he worked and for us the public in rural areas-I expect this will be ignored again by the police -but I keep trying=regards Nigel Schofield Merchant navy officer -retired+lyp