Yesterday's terrorist attack

Re: Yesterday's terrorist attack

This post was updated on .
Peter C,

There is no such thing as a radical or a moderate Muslim, there are only Muslims!
So said President Erdovan of Turkey last year.
We must remember that the fundamental interpretation of the Quran and the Hadith is obligatory for all Muslims to agree with the dictate from the Quran which states: 'if you meet a non believer cut him at the thigh and the neck'', no Muslim would ever challenge that dictate since to do so would render the challenger a heritic and liable to be killed under the Sharia convention on Apostacy.
There is a world wide need for civilised nations to ban membership of Islam as a hate crime against the non Muslim world.

Re: Yesterday's terrorist attack

That's an invitation to World War 3 if ever I heard one, and I'm surprised at you John with your life in Africa. I was brought up with Muslim friends; I found nothing offensive about them whatever. I was also brought up in a supposed Christian faith which endorsed segregation - and it still goes on today. Yes, I agree Sharia so-called law is barbaric, but we are no shining light. I remain an agnostic when it comes to religion, and for the most part, as my ancestor, regard it as humbug and a blight on our beautiful world!

Re: Yesterday's terrorist attack

Yesterday in Watford several hundred Muslims paraded through the streets following a pickup truck containing the leading imams of the town who were broadcasting their celebration of the terrorist attack on parliament, some were waving Pakistani flags but one was waving the black flag of ISIS. They were chanting death to all Kuffar and Allah u Akbar and alhamdulilah.
This procession was protected by a police escort.
David, I am afraid your experience of growing up amongst Muslims was a young person bears no comparison to the attitude of Muslims today, they may profess horror at the actions of Jihadists, but they will defend the beliefs of those same Jihadists, and should you as a non Muslim cast doubt on the veracity of Islamic faith they will not hesitate to take action, even employing violence against you and in their mind feel justified in doing so. The London attack took place on the 23rd, on the 24th, another Muslim in Brussels also tried this tactic albeit without success, these attacks follow on from the Nice and Berlin attacks, more will follow of that you may be sure.

Re: Yesterday's terrorist attack

Re: Yesterday's terrorist attack

Re: Yesterday's terrorist attack

Well said young Peter, trust not the man who holds out the hand of peace while holding in his other hand the means of killing you.

Words of regret are just hot air without any intent to change things, actions speak louder.

Re: Yesterday's terrorist attack

This post was updated on .
Let's join the great debate folks! At least here we still have a degree of freedom to air our views! I have edited out my friends' names in this to ensure privacy.

Further feedback and my continued response:

– the points made below are fair, and reasonable. This year could tip us all over the edge, and I am equally concerned that somehow the analogy of two poles that are part of our planet must somehow be accommodated for our very survival!

David

To a concerned OD:

I cannot dispute any of the points you make. Mohammed was by all accounts, a thug, bully and crook. Some said the same of Jesus the Nazrene. I’m not here to judge my fellow man. I am not a deeply religious person, unlike my ancestor. The only two, it seems, I am anywhere close to right now are John Lennon and David Attenborough. Bonobos for ever! I say!

David

From: an associate
Subject: Re: Look What's New at Toronto Airport.

David, currently I reside in Moshi, Tanzania noticing you mentioned having resided in Dar es Salaam and must make an observation or so.  First off, Muslims in Tanzania are peaceful mixing with Catholics, Christians and all.  Unfortunately this is not true in many nations.  Are Jews, Catholics, Christians and atheist killing innocents in Europe, US, and across the globe slaughtering these innocents in the name of their leader the pervert Mohammad?  And are the aforementioned behaving in the manner of these so-called "emigrants" prohibiting others from visiting their neighborhoods without harassment for dress or other measures they demand?  I think not and don't claim as some do "oh, it's just a small minority of Muslims".  Are a "small minority of Catholics, Christians and Jews doing the same.....hogwash.  How many tens or hundreds of thousands have been slaughtered by radical Islamist over the past decade?  Too bad the idiot BabyBush removed the quite effective Arab leaders in Iraq, Libya, and across the Middle East as these tribal Arabs understand and abide by only one measure....the sword not understanding or wanting democracy.
There is no reason whatsoever to go to the expense of building special bathroom facilities for Muslims in Western Countries their being a small minority.  Muslims are a scourge in the UK, and the rest of Europe (parts of Russia) along with the US.  Face it David, the "holy Qu ran" specifies this type jihad behavior.  Perhaps you should take further study or this priceless book whiles opening your eyes to reality.  OK, please be careful while crossing Westminster Bridge or walking along the promenade in Nice avoiding night clubs too.  Mark my word, what's coming in the next few years from these Islamist Mindless Thugs will be far more catastrophic should Western free nation policies not be revised immediately dealing with this Islamist scourge which, as mentioned, by the only instrument they understand....the sword.
Where do you reside, BTW?
You surely have some goodness in you apparently being a friend of a friend...
My best.....

Re: Yesterday's terrorist attack

I'm terribly sorry David, but you admirably noble and decent personality is blinding you to the truth, why did the Syrian refugees who by a large majority are Sunni Muslims not flee through Jordan to the home of their religion Saudi Arabia? Why travel through areas where conflicting rebel groups are fighting each other for dominance over each town and village and where their very progress  can come under attack from the limitless resources of the Russian air force, only to cross into perhaps the most corrupt and racist Islamic country in the world, Turkey. The answer is simple,. The prize is Europe the lands of the Kuffar, a people burdened with a conscience as a consequence of it's Christian history. The people of Europe will greet them with compassion for their suffering, they will feed, house, clothe and educate them because that is their weakness. Over time the Muslim migrants will achieve dominance through a higher birth rate, they will use the inherent weaknesses of Western society to introduce laws that penalise the non Muslims if they date to criticise Islam or Muslims for their refusal to assimilate into western culture which they will term Islamaphobic and fascist.
They will use those laws to exploit recruitment into the media, lawmaking, banking and crucially the world of politics until they have achieved dominance in every sphere of influence, they will then step by step push for changes in the legal system that will accommodate Sharia courts that will be given exemption from interference within the legal system, thus undermining national law.
David this is a planned invasion, inspired by Quranic dictates that if unchecked will bring about the end of civilisation.
Europe has experienced this before with the excesses of the Ottoman empire which even in the 20th century saw Islamic genocide carried out by Turkish troops against the Greek population residing in Eastern Anatolia and against the Christian Armenians during WW1 which left nearly two million dead at the hands of the Muslims.

Re: Yesterday's terrorist attack

I accept all of it! The anger is manifest! The Justification is manifest! The world has never been a more fragile place in my lifetime than it is today. I despair for humanity and the bonobos! I profess no rose-tinted glasses – Canada is ruining itself in confronting America and I cannot wait for the return of a Conservative government in Canada! and I support that atheist O’Hair who got the judiciary in America under Kennedy to vote against religious education in schools citing one of the Amendments in the Constitution! ban all religious mumbo jumbo everywhere, I say, outlaw all terrorism worldwide, but don’t ban the peaceful right of protest and the right of humans to believe as they choose, and allow me to sing in a choir simply for the love of singing!

Re: Yesterday's terrorist attack

I was in London on a bus on Parliament square when the man stabbed a police officer and ran down a number of people on Westminster bridge.  There was no tension immediately after the incident people were more interested in getting pictures on their mobiles and the police were crawling all over the place with guns etc. The response was immediate and the MP who tried to save the officers life has to be commended.
The man that attacked these innocent people is a criminal and we will never know if he was an ISIL member or not, as he was shot. ISIL will claim him whatever the truth and the media has given them exactly what they want - publicity! I can't imagine what is like for those who have lost loved-ones and I feel for them it is an appalling incident. The country is quite rightly come together of honour the loss.
I suspect the perpetrator was mentally ill and I do not justify his actions due to this at all. He was apparently Moslem but I do not blame Islam for his actions - I blame him - he is entirely responsible for his murderous actions.
I am atheist and do not hate any other religions having seen many world religions during my travels around the world.  I have never been abused in anyway during my travels but have been in this country when younger because I was dating a black guy - I was sent to Coventry and abused by station staff - 'mother...... n..... lover' - it was disgraceful but taught me a lesson - tolerance is the only life to follow and judge people by those you meet.  I have worked with Moslems, Hindus, Buddhists, Catholics, Protestants, Jews and more and I was never abused by them - only white middle-aged men! I know this is probably not a great example of intolerance in relation to religion but perhaps my point is comparable.

Re: Yesterday's terrorist attack

And now we have the latest atrocity of the Ariana concert just posted this in response to an article by Alice Thomson in The Times claiming our children are not phased by this sick evil...

midlife mum 2 hours ago
At 5am today, a huge thunderstorm sweet across Sydney, where we currently live, and a huge clap of thunder woke all 3 children who appeared at the bottom of our bed thinking a bomb had gone off.

They might seem resilient on the surface, but underneath children are just as stressed and affected as adults are by this weeks events.

Nick Gardner 3 hours ago
You are deluded. I was terrorised by the IRA bombings and threats of nuclear war, and so were my friends. As a 9 year old I refused to go the west end to see a pantomime because I was scared of the IRA bombs! These events can scar our children, it's tragic.
Flag19RecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 2 minutes ago
pending
@Nick Gardner my sentiments entirely, as Schweitzer, wisely remarked, "you haven't lived until you have suffered" I have suffered accordingly, and know the truth of these words first-hand. The gentle midlife mum too echoes the same sentiments. We are all victims of the cruelty and thoughtlessness sweeping our world. I saw a glimmer of hope in Donald Trump's address in Riyadh. It is a distant lighthouse, but it's still there signalling the existence of a haven somewhere, and I suggest we all need to bury our differences and head towards it.

Re: Yesterday's terrorist attack

Hi Peter, you will be well aware of my opinions when it comes to religion. Whatever the faith, it is all about power and religions have been and continue to be the cause of more death and strife throughout history than anything else. However I appreciate that many people have a need for religion as a personal thing, although in some cases believe that being religious makes them a better/superior person. I can accept that other people may have different beliefs to my own and provided they keep their opinions to themselves, give me reciprocal respect as a non believer and live their lives within the laws of this land, I can tolerate them.

All Governments have and continue to roll over and give in to the Islamic/muslim faith in particular and have allowed these people to infiltrate all areas of our society without in many cases any intention of integrating in our Society or having any tolerance of OUR beliefs whilst adhering to their own set of rules. In hindsight we should never have allowed these enormous mosques to be built nor should we permit muslim faith schools within our society because they are not prepared to accept that the laws of this land must be paramount and if they are at odds with our laws then the government should make it clear they are not welcome here and should go somewhere else.

Our Governments are keen to blame the Governments of these countries for their
problems. Well our Governments have all been guilty of causing racial tension in this country through their persistent failure to listen to the indigenous population
and forcing mass immigration upon us. We all have limits to our level of tolerance.
Where else in the world would those found guilty in Salford be permitted to appeal against their deportation, especially at the taxpayers expense? If anyone tells me they are happy about that then I would have to assume they are lying.