Why the NHS depends so heavily on Foreign Doctors & Nurses!!

Why the NHS depends so heavily on Foreign Doctors & Nurses!!

Re: Why the NHS depends so heavily on Foreign Doctors & Nurses!!

Peter,
I agree with you totally. Blair and the past and present government will not invest in any training at all. They prefer to import immigrants to run our NHS and also Social Care. They were importing Social Workers from the US and Canada a few years ago which astounded me - they all left within 6 months in spite of being offer a golden handshake and accommodation.
I think the way Cameron and Hunt have handled the NHS is utterly unbelievable. They have engineered the Junior doctors' strike in order to upset the public and undermine the support they have so far received. Their agenda is to privatise the NHS. The staff in the NHS have openly stated this to me whilst I was seeing a consultant recently.  The morale is so low and all the staff are finding it very tough to keep the service functioning and Hunt just doesn't give a damn, he can always import staff cheaply from elsewhere - saves on training and he never considers that if the staff from the UK who were trained here, were treated fairly and with respect, he might get commitment and enormous rewards as a consequence. Hunt is unable to think in those terms - it all about short termism, saving money, offering much for little reward. His agenda is to break up the NHS - he is not commited to provide a health service, it just doesn't fit with his or this government's ideology.