Why I voted for you

Richard Priestley Richard Priestley

Why I voted for you

Dear Mr.Cameron,
At the last election I could'nt wait to register my vote for.Having watched your progress to become leader of the Conservative party & listened to your impassioned speeches on TV & my utter disgust with the Labour government I relished your election.I thought here we have another from the Mrs.Thatcher mould & waited patiently for you to sort this country out.
Having been made redundant twice in my Fifties I decided to strike out on my own using what knowlege I had from my 30+ yrs experience in the Furniture & allied trades.I was selling furniture quite steadily on the Internet until the Financial crash.Unfortunately as 75% of my market was south of Birmingham & in truth most of that around London,the crash put paid to most of that.I decided to use my slight knowledge of antiques & collectables to go for smaller items.Alas with the soaring cost of fuel,rises in VAT at the Post Office etc this is now becoming very difficult to show enough profit to live on.I don't really know what I can do next.I have applied to work part-time on the Census which I hope may pull me through these difficult times.Please consider when making these far reaching decisions that we are far from affluent in this part of our country & we have not the same opportunities open to us as have people around London.I hope in my heart that you are able to sort out this mess you inherited but time is not on our side & I certainly do not want to become a statistic at 57 yrs of age.Neither do I want to work part-time in a Library!!
Please do what we voted you in for not make us poorer by the day.
Best regards
Richard Priestley
mark mark

Re: Why I voted for you

more fool you for voting for the money grabbing lying tory
Th4e Oracle Th4e Oracle

Re: Why I voted for you

Richard, we have got precisely what you and  many others voted for, someone from the Mrs Thatcher mould. Like her he won't sort this Country out but will create an environment where
the already privileged will benefit at the cost of the poor in society. I am not advocating a Labour government like that we have experienced over the past decade as I believe there is little to choose between them. Tony Blair has irrevocably damaged Labour's reputation and is now one of the privileged himself.
In the recent events in Libya the Government has shown it's complete incompetence with regard to British nationals trapped in the mayhem and it will soon become clear how incompetent they
are in many other areas.

When will you people learn, Tory's don't care about the working classes.
Darwin Darwin

Re: Why I voted for you

Oracle,

What makes you think Labour did anything for the working classes?
It is the working class that always gets hit the hardest under a Labour government because of Labour's constant strive to give as much as possible to those who contribute nothing. It is the working classes who pay through the nose every time a Labour government is in power. At least with the tories they have historically made an effort to give some money back to those who earn it, by cutting taxes, and making some kind of an effort to catch the fraudsters. Might not be possible for a while this time around because of the mess they were left with though.

As for those in Libya, serves them right, only an idiot would work out there.
Why do these people think they get paid such outrageous salaries, it's because of where they are working. They deliberately put themselves in danger, so why should our taxpayers fall over themselves to bail them out.
They remind me of people who get airlifted from halfway up a mountain.
If I was the winchman on the helicopter, the first thing I would ask them is,
"What the f**k where you doing here in the first place."
Mark Mark

Re: Why I voted for you

Richard, sorry for this but..... You don't have to worry about working in a library, they're being closed!!!

Seriously though, who was the last PM/party to keep any promises?? Labour were scrapping tuition fees (did they?) and the Tories more recently promised to make work pay, then announced they were cutting Tax Credit which is a lifeline to the masses of underpaid people living on a pittance of a wage and is supposedly meant to make working worthwhile, rather than a life of benefits. David Cameron seemingly can't do anything about the proposed rise in fuel duty planned for next month because it was put in place by Labour, strangely though he has managed to cancel new school and hospital buildings that were planned under Labour, or put it another way, they can do what they want and it's not their fault (a comment used by Labour throughout their entire time in Government).