Quantcast

Westminster's Dangerous Parallel.

My following comments are more a reflection on the hypocrisy that has been clearly shown coming out Westminster over their Brexit arrangements between the border between North & South of Ireland and is not, i repeat is NOT a revival of Scottish Independence!!

During the run up to the 2014 Scottish Independence......

Westminster and the No campaign went on and on about how if Scotland voted for independence that this would create the need for a north/south border patrols but somehow the same does no apply to North/South of Ireland..........

I can only conclude from Westminster's hypocrisy that what they are rather Dangerously implying is that.......

If you go down the peaceful route and democratic path you will get nowhere, however, if like in North and South of Ireland you are likely to start killing each other you will get special and preferential conditions to those in the Union with the other nations (ie:Scotland) that make up the UK.

Is Westminster giving out the wrong and dangerous message that you can gain PREFERENTIAL CONDITION'S if you are prepared to pick up AK45 or start bombings on mainland England??

To my thinking........

It's not so much a case of Goose and Gander, it's more a case of Goose and AK45.

Re: Westminster's Dangerous Parallel.

Peter,

I don't see it that way. Wisely, May is trying to cover her borders, and an Ireland without the EU is stuffed unless somehow Ireland can be integrated into the Union - 43% of their trade, is, after all with mainland Britain. At the same time, May is sending an unequivocal broadside to Scotland and in particular Nicola Sturgeon, namely, whose side are you on? Supporting the EU undermines both May, Brexit and freedom, wouldn't you agree? I think many Scots would, myself included. So this isn't anti-Scotland, it's pro loyal Unionist Scotland! That's the way I see it!

Re: Westminster's Dangerous Parallel.

David

I get your point you are making but I can't see the southern part of Ireland joining the rUK anytime soon, do you!

You make a valid point that S.Ireland  have 43℅ trade with the UK and inside or outside the UK it will remain 43℅ just Scotland has 64℅ trade with rUK and would remain the same inside or outside rUK.

You said.....

"May is sending an unequivocal broadside to Scotland and in particular Nicola Sturgeon, namely, whose side are you on? "

With polls showing a move to 50℅ for a YES to independence before today's announcement and is now likely to stretch further towards a higher percentage in favour of a YES vote.

It would appear the momentum is with a YES to independence in Scotland.

That being said, yes I, like you and many others will not give our support to independence next time around but it appears there are many more who are moving from a remain in the rUK to leaving the 1707 Union.

I am at a loss to understand why there appears a growing trend towards Scottish Independence and all because we as the UK are about to leave the Union with rEU as Scotland would be breaking away worts and all with rUK only to remain subservient to the EU and will not be Independent but opting out one Union to join another and in my opinion by a country mile a worse Union/Master's.

I can only hope that the polls have got this one wrong as well.

One thing is for sure ...... Nicola Sturgeon has laid her cards on the table and said she will call for a 2nd Scottish Independence referendum once article 50 is triggered and when May said clearly that the UK is Leaving the single market this is Sturgeon's catalyst for Indy part II