Quantcast

We were never actually in the EU

Liam Brennan Liam Brennan

We were never actually in the EU

I see that sparkling personality and national raconteur John Major threw the toys out of the pram on the Andrew Marr show; I can’t believe Cameron actually wheeled out this fatuous plonker after the scintillating showing he made as a prime minister; he was well named the grey man! Thinking about it he might have been well endowed, or Edwina was more desperate than anyone Imagined, she couldn’t have been there for the wit and personality, he was dull and boring, and about as exciting and interesting as a bugger.  And now our friend Dave is dragging in the Green Party, well that’s another 25 vote’s maybe, but from some of my research Britain was never a member of the EU as it was in violation of British Law.  In enacting the European Communities Bill through an ordinary vote in the House of Commons, Ted Heath's Government breached the constitutional convention which requires a prior consultation of the people (either by a general election or a referendum) on any measure involving constitutional change. The general election or referendum must take place before any related parliamentary debate. (Britain has no straightforward written constitution. But, the signing of the Common Market entrance documents was, without a doubt, a breach of the spirit of our constitution.)   Weeks before the 1970 general election which made him Prime Minister, Edward Heath declared that it would be wrong if any Government contemplating membership of the European Community were to take this step without `the full hearted consent of Parliament and people'.                                                                                                                       However, when it came to it Heath didn't have a referendum because opinion polls at the time (1972) showed that the British people were hugely opposed (by a margin of two to one) against joining the Common Market. Instead, Heath merely signed the documents that took us into what became the European Union on the basis that Parliament alone had passed the European Communities Bill of 1972.  So even that far back we were governed by lying fat poofter. So the words are important they are enshrined and codified in the Magna Carta (1215), the Petition of Right (1628), the Bill of Rights (1689) and the Act of Settlement (1701) requires Parliament to consult the electorate directly where constitutional change which would affect their political sovereignty is in prospect. (The 1689 Bill of Rights contains the following oath: `I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority within this Realm.' Since this Bill has not been repealed it is clear that every treaty Britain has signed with the EU has been illegal.)  So another reason for voting OUT from my point of view, is that if something big goes wrong, I want to know who is responsible and who will hold up there hand, certainly not some faceless wanker in Brussels, who will just sit there shrug his shoulders and say “Oh well I still have my expenses and pay, they can’t get rid of me” just like they did over Greece. There only target is to add as much land as possible to the EU, never mind the consequence. We know the countries abut to join don’t qualify, and are keen to join because of the money they can see themselves getting. Thousands of millions of euros and when they can repay have a look at Greece. and Turkey is in a far worse state than Greece ever was, and it’s a dictatorship as well, I know there were elections but if no one counts the votes properly, as the last two elections have been fixed a bit like Putin in Russia and Mugabe in Zimbabwe, What they CHOOSE to overlook is it’s not really an election if there is only one candidate or the votes aren’t counted properly.  Something else I saw a news flash about growing human organs in Pig embryos, sound like a great idea to me, there are bound to be a few dissenters one woman said “ POOR PIGS, it shouldn’t be allowed,  just because we can doesn’t mean we have to”  what a stupid small minded old harpy, I welcome any research as for that silly old cow well when she has some horrible disease that they can cure and she goes to hospital, I hope they say “Oh yes we remember you, well it’s like this, we can cure it  easily,  otherwise it’s a horrible long lingering painful death, but just because we can, doesn’t mean we have to, so no we won’t bother just bugger off and die somewhere.  Back to the important topic I would be only too happy to see something along the Australian system here Canada has something like it. And they have a lot less problems than we have, of course that means beefing up the security at Air ports and harbours, we have a great many small harbours, and not the expanse of water that they have, so tight security would be a must, we would need people who are genuinely interested in protecting this country. And the government would have to get off there fat smug asses and actually do something. And the very last ting I ever want to see is this country run by faceless nobodies in Brussels, and worse still a German COW who gets everything she wants, because she runs the EU, and she threatened us if we leave?  Now the name ADOLF seems more appropriate. I hope it’s a landslide for OUT. We will not only survive, we will prosper, and do so well the EU will collapse, as more and more countries demand a referendum and want to leave

Re: We were never actually in the EU

Your are right Liam - how can we be subjects of the Crown and be citizens of Europe - not legally possible!
Liam Brennan Liam Brennan

Re: We were never actually in the EU

I know, but we (the population) really only joined the common market It was that wanker Blaire who signed us up for the rest of the crap and he didn't give us a referendum because he knew we would refuse to be part of the EU we only wanted to be in the market place, Not run by Adolf Merkel because say what you like if she wants  it happens, and we fought two wars and sacrificed a million people to prevent a German running Great Britain.

Re: We were never actually in the EU

Liam,
Before Blair there was John Major and the Masstrict treaty. It was that treaty that brought into being the EU,

Re: We were never actually in the EU

Liam,
Before Blair there was John Major and the Masstrict treaty. It was that treaty that brought into being the EU, It was Blair who signed the treaty of Amsterdam, it was this treaty that gave away even more Sovereignty and allowed EU law superiority over British law.

Re: We were never actually in the EU

Hate to disillusion you, old friend, but our beloved Queen is to all intents and purposes German herself!
David A
Liam Brennan Liam Brennan

Re: We were never actually in the EU

Hello again David how are you? I haven't been ranting for a while, so nice to hear from you. Hope Peter and Mary are all OK. And  I appreciate that her The Queen (Windsor or Bowes Lyon) which ever your comfortable with,  ancestry is German so are a great many people in this country
Angles, one of the Germanic peoples who migrated to Great Britain  around the 5th century AD,  others were  Saxons, Jutes and Frisians also Danes and Normans as well as a smattering of Vikings all played a part, but at least The present Queens linage was  pro British, as proved by George V fighting their relative, the Kaiser. (first time around).I may have another RANT as well now those useless tossers in the lords the unwashed, unelected, unliked, self opinionated, and for the most part bordering  senility, who take £300 a day (that's more than the average WEEKLY wage) away for just turning up, should be at least culled if not scrapped. just because they only even seem to have their own interests at heart and not those of the population, Because most are ex politicians who were in Government in the late 50s onwards and knew full well what went on. Heath and all senior members of government including that prat Heseltine  here is the truth something a politician will never tell you.

Monumental deceit: How our politicians have lied and lied and when the lies didn’t work they just bypassed and ignored the population, and ay rights we had to make a decision.

The real problem the British people have had with the ‘European project’, as its insiders call it, is that they have never really begun to understand its real nature, and what was always intended to be its ultimate goal.  The chief reason for this is that our politicians have never properly explained it to us. What makes this so much worse is that those who were most enthused by it, such as Heath, knew full well what ‘the project’ was really about — the plan to weld all Europe together under an unprecedented form of super-government.  They deliberately decided to conceal it from us, for fear that our anxieties about our loss of sovereignty might prevent them from being allowed to join. Movement: Opinion polls consistently show a growing majority wanting to leave the EU altogether - an option that even David Cameron no longer rules out

It didn’t take long to realise the incredible damage membership of the EU was doing to British life, through thousands of crazy directives and regulations, through the destruction of our proud fishing industry and the undermining of our agriculture, which was until 1973 the most efficient in Europe.    The real story, surprisingly, goes back to the 1920s, when a senior League of Nations official, Frenchman Jean Monnet, first began to dream of building a ‘United States of Europe’, very much on the lines that decades later would shape the European Union as it is today.   After World War II, Monnet, by then the second most powerful man in France, finally set the project on its way. He knew there was no chance of bringing such an astonishingly ambitious vision into being all at once. So his plan was that it should gradually be constructed, piece by stealthy piece, without ever declaring too openly what was intended to be its ultimate goal.   At first it should be presented as just a trading arrangement, the ‘Common Market’ set up in 1957 by the Treaty of Rome. But the essence of that treaty was to create the core institutions of what Monnet always intended should one day be the ‘Government of Europe’.   The idea was to work for ‘ever closer union’.  Treaty by treaty, it would take over more powers from national governments, based on the sacred principle that once power to make laws was handed over to Brussels it could never be given back.  Ever more countries would be brought into the net, until the project reached its ultimate goal as a super-government, with its own president and parliament, its own currency and armed forces, its own flag and anthem — all the attributes of a fully-fledged nation state. Thus, stealthily assembled over decades, would this new ‘country called Europe’ finally take its place on the world stage. What we found most shocking in researching this story was that, when Britain’s leaders first considered joining the project, they were made fully aware of this hidden agenda.  As we see from Cabinet papers and other documents of the early Sixties, Prime Minister Harold Macmillan and his ‘Europe Minister’ Edward Heath were put completely in the picture about the secret ‘grand plan’. But in June 1961 the Cabinet formally agreed that it must not be revealed to the British people.  In Macmillan’s words, to admit ‘the political objectives’ of the Rome Treaty would raise ‘problems of public relations’ so ‘considerable’ that they should be kept under wraps. It was vital to emphasise only the economic advantages of British entry. Thus did Macmillan and Heath become drawn into complicity with that same web of deceit which was driving the ‘project’ itself.  Twice in the Sixties Britain made failed attempts to join the project — but within weeks of Heath entering Downing Street in 1970, he applied to Brussels a third time. Scarcely had negotiations begun than he learned that his future partners were already discussing the next steps along their path to full integration: a single currency, European defence forces, a common foreign policy. Heath immediately sent word to Brussels pleading for all this to be kept quiet, because it might blow the gaffe with British voters.    For two years the negotiations continued, with Heath handing over all he was asked for, from giving away Britain’s fishing waters, the richest in the world, to become ‘a common European resource’, to the betrayal of our Commonwealth partners by excluding their goods from what had been for many their main export market.  Finally, Heath got what he was after: entry to the club, although he still pretended that the Common Market was little more than a trading arrangement.   On the day we entered, he told the British people on television that any fears that ‘we shall in some way sacrifice independence and sovereignty’ were ‘completely unjustified’.

He along with most politicians then as now thought the public too stupid to know what they thought about, and therefore was not entitled to a referendum, much the same as that slime ball Blair thought before he signed the rest of our sovereign powers away.

Hate to disillusion you, old friend, but our beloved Queen is to all intents and purposes German herself!

http://have-your-say.915577.n3.nabble.com/We-were-never-actually-in-the-EU-tp4036565p4037102.html
To unsubscribe from We were never actually in the EU, click here.
NAML

Re: We were never actually in the EU

I agree with you! Sooner we are out of this hell hole, the better, and the end can't come soon enough, in my book!

Re: We were never actually in the EU

I do hope leaving the EU happens sooner rather than later. How this will work nobody knows but I can see distinct advantages - more democracy and no federalism and freedom to trade freely. I do, however, think that we are all in for turbulant times and I am not confident that May, Fox or Davis have the skills to guide us through this process with the best interests of the electorate at heart. Fox is a very dubious character and I dislike May, she reminds me of Thatcher far too much. Many I suspect will see that as an advantage but not me! As for Johnson - he is still the buffoon he always was - he has been given a cabinet post as it is better to have your enemies in the tent rather than outside it.  He'll never make a good foreign secretary - he has no diplomatic skills, no finesse and always looks like the proverbial scarecrow. I wonder how he will fare with Trump's administration - we live in interesting times. Thank goodness Gove, Osborne, Cameron and IDS have gone - I wish Hunt had too. Sadly we are lumbered with the same people with different faces, another lot of the same ilk!
Anyway the will of the people has spoken and we should be well on our way to be rid of the bureaucrats and all the hangers-on within a few years.They will no longer be able to fleece us on expenses and the gravy train - I often wonder who they are these people and what do they do - not a lot I suspect just waste money. All the predictions of doom and gloom have not come to pass, Osborne was wrong and shot himself in the foot and Cameron with all his arrogance was wrong too!!! They were so arrogant they couldn't believe the results of the referendum and off Cameron scuttled to make shedloads of money, public speaking - goodness knows who would want to listen to him?
The worst outcome would be the loss of Scotland and Sturgeon seems intent on another referendum - she is very keen to stay in the EU and inspite of the fact that the referendum was across the Union she seems unable to accept the result.
As for the Queen - she is of German ancestry and whether she is for in or out is of no consequence.  Luckily she can't influence the outcome of the referendum.

Re: We were never actually in the EU

This post was updated on .
Mary,

My response in The Times, to Theresa May's letter of intent to Donald Tusk triggering Article 50 to the European Parliament today:

Mr D Akenhead 2 hours ago
An honest and courageous letter of intent, putting our citizens, our laws and our democracy first, but extending warm ties of friendship to our European neighbours. I would say, that sums it up well, and for those of us, who were given the opportunity, voted for in the Referendum. Job well done, Mrs May, conveying the will of the British people, and though you voted to remain, reluctantly, you have conveyed the democratic will of the British people and for that you have my immense admiration!
37Recommend

Just posted this too:

Mr D Akenhead 24 minutes ago
I am so impressed with this Lady. She is not for turning. She believes passionately in the people of Britain, our Sovereign right to self-determination and the defence of Britain and Europe, the potentially appalling alternative of WTO, and I'm with her all the way until hell freezes over! Her logic is faultless, and the world at large will see it that way. She has grown in stature out of all proportion to her previous, sometimes lamentable performance, but she has learned, and has had the grace to admit her earlier failings, and we now have a leader we can all be proud of. I am no troll!
7RecommendReply
Anthony Groom 18 minutes ago
@Mr D Well said.
Flag1