Theresa May's Speech

Re: Theresa May's Speech

Hi Peter,

Mrs May has now made her speech, it is now apparent that she has guaranteed payment of all previously agreed commitments made by the UK government prior to and since  the 2016 referendum for at least two years following our exit from the EU in March 2019.
This effectively offers the EU at least £20 billion up to March 2019 as our EU membership fees and similar amounts for the period from 2019 up to 2021.

It also means that UK judges must give consideration when adjudicating on legal matters even at supreme court levels to the decision making of the European Court of Justice.

This is not what we voted for in 2016, this is a betrayal.

Re: Theresa May's Speech

Re: Theresa May's Speech

Peter I agree she must go! However that need not mean a General election, when Cameron resigned that did not trigger an immediate election, the party simply chose a new leader, that could happen again!

I would like to see Jacob Rees-Mogg take over the reins, he I believe will stand his ground in talks with the EU.