The vote on Scotland is becoming interesting

1 ... 46474849

Re: The vote on Scotland is becoming interesting

Re: The vote on Scotland is becoming interesting

Peter, I hope and pray Indeyref2 never happens for Scotland's sake:

Posted this in The Times today...

Mr D Akenhead 2 hours ago
Good for you, Ruth Davidson - you've surely earned it! You saved Mrs May's skin in Scotland with your hard work. She needs to acknowledge that fast, and it should not have been necessary for you to ask. As a fellow Scot, I have huge gratitude for your remarkable achievement!
2RecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 1 hour ago
P.S. Times please get your headline correct - Ruth made no demand. She asked. There is a difference! She listens to people and is respected for doing so! Do not alienate the Scottish voters, please!
2RecommendReply
A'bh NicCoinnich 5 hours ago
I think  I've strayed into a parallel universe ... when did Ruth Davidson win the Westminster GE and become First Minister of Scotland?  I must have missed that bit ....
1RecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 2 hours ago
@A'bh NicCoinnich your first minister mercifully is not a Conservative, and if you hadn't noticed it is a Conservative DUP government as I write, and thankfully without a trace of SNP!
RecommendReply
A'bh NicCoinnich 38 minutes ago
@Mr D Akenhead @A'bh NicCoinnich It may have escaped your notice but Scotland DOES have an SNP government (thank heavens) and the "Union" between England and Scotland is supposed to be a partnership of equals (hollow laughter).  In order to maintain any pretence that this is the case, discussions should take place between Scotland's First Minister and whoever eventually turns out to be the Prime Minister at Westminster.  Where does Mouthie Ruthie get off making her "demands"?  When I last checked it was not her job to do that.
FlagRecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 11 minutes ago
@A'bh NicCoinnich @Mr D Akenhead I repeat, she made no demand, just a suggestion, for TM to remember the Scottish Conservatives, in her deliberations with Europe in the maintenance of the Union, which if it hadn't escaped your notice was voted for overwhelmingly by Scottish Labour and Conservative voters at the GE, the only heavy losers being the SNP! I truly hope, along with many Scottish friends that the demise of the SNP and UKIP will be a short matter of time, and the Hollywood fantasies finally confined to the silver screen where they belong. I know what happens with Scottish nationalism, families get ripped apart, my own included, for no sane reason! Move on, I say! Mouthie Ruthie, as you call her, is saying much the same thing with pride and without prejudice, I surmise! Like you, and I, she does not want to be a lackey to Westminster, and neither do I, but Scotland will decide what's best for Scotland going forward, and right now Scotland wishes to remain a part of the Union, where I hope she will remain for eternity!
RecommendReply
ebee 5 hours ago
Good, it means that Scotland is represented without the odious SNPs sniping at every turn. Although ring fencing herself form the 'May effect" would be sensible
4RecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 1 hour ago
@ebee I'd rather the May effect to the Cameron any day! Camerons were with Aikenhead and Forbes at Culloden, they'd be turning in their graves at that man! I know we weren't supposed to be there as Lowlanders, but in good Scottish tradition we came up to assist friends in need and paid a heavy price for it!