The Tories are attempting to steal UKip policies

The Tories are attempting to steal UKip policies

The Government are debating major changes to taxation including a merger of National Insurance with general taxation to simplify collection and to increase efficiency, a policy first put forward by UKip in 2010.

The logic of such a decision are clear, NI is and always has been a tax! Contrary to most peoples belief, there is no ring fenced pot of money for state pensions, disability allowances, unemployment benefits and all other benefits and not forgetting the NHS,  in fact only 20% of all NI contributions is used to fund the welfare state.

So in reality our basic rate of income tax is not 20% but much closer to 31% in 2014.

Is this movement towards UKip thinking continues in the general election build up to May 2015,  does that mean that as it becomes clearer to the electorate that Cameron will not be able to renegotiate the terms of our EU membership upon which hangs his political future, will he fight the election as a dei facto EU referendum in order to save his political skin?

Re: The Tories are attempting to steal UKip policies

Re: The Tories are attempting to steal UKip policies

Thankfully, and hopefully, goldfish are spared IQ! It is a human invention, whose value remains highly debatable - courtesy of Sir Cyril Birt RIP!

But I agree with you, if Scotland votes NO to Independence, it won't be thanks to Cameron and Co! it will be because most Scots though fiercely proud of their heritage, are not stupid either!
David A
fiferalfa2 fiferalfa2

Re: The Tories are attempting to steal UKip policies

Hi john and peter
                             if cameron does do something soon an election next year wont be worth much because after november first when the e u voting system changes there are 43 items affecting our way of life that the e u will have more control over waiting till 2017 is no good because he may not be in power and the millionaires club in the labour party wont let us have a referendum so we should be quitting now we can manage without them it is germany who says what happens and if all those who like the eu so much think it is good why dont go and live in mainland europe and do us all a favour