Quantcast

The Nichola Sturgeon Ditty

I'm a little tea pot,
Short and Stout
Open up my Mouth
And shite comes Out!

Re: The Nichola Sturgeon Ditty

John K

As you know I voted to leave the Union with the UK.
However, I did so as I believed in an independent Scotland.
I did not believe in leaving the Union with rUK to be controlled with another distant governing body in Brussels.

Independence means just that and not leaving one Union to join another Union.

I must agree with your comments in regard to not only Nichola Sturgeon but the SNP in general.

Utterly disgusted by them all. They just don't get the fact that they lost the 2014 referendum on Scottish independence and that we are still firmly part of the Union with rUK and when the "whole" of the UK voted in the Brexit referendum it was as a United Kingdom four nations who voted as one country but they think because a majority of votes in Scotland voted to remain means that they can somehow detach Scotland from the Brexit result........

It is absolutely absurd but then this is the SNP at its best.....

Any excuse to break the Union with rUK.

As bad as Westminster is and the Scots often get a Tory government we never vote for and with more powers moving the UK towards a federal union is why.........

The SNP have lost my vote and even more so now that the rUK have voted to get out the EU.

Re: The Nichola Sturgeon Ditty

Do not underestimate Nicola Sturgeon:

This extact from today's Times:

"Theresa May should not be allowed to begin the process of exiting the European Union without the approval of the Scottish parliament, the Supreme Court will be told.

The court announced that the Scottish government will be allowed to intervene in the battle over how the government should trigger Article 50, the formal two-year process set out in EU treaties for leaving the bloc.

The UK government is appealing against the High Court’s judgment earlier this month that Mrs May must have the approval of MPs before she initiates Brexit.

In its application to intervene, the Scottish government argued that triggering Article 50 would lead to a “fundamental alteration of the constitutional arrangements of the United Kingdom” and “significantly alter” the devolution settlement.

The submission adds that Brexit will change “the rights enjoyed by persons in Scotland” as well as the functions of the Scottish parliament and government."

Nicola must be rubbing her hands with glee!

Re: The Nichola Sturgeon Ditty

David

In my opinion the best the SNP or Nichols Sturgeon can eventually cause is a Constitutional Crisis and call for a 2nd Scottish Independence referendum but.......

The reason why Nichola Sturgeon has only threatened independence part II and not come right out calling for it is

The SNP know they would lose a 2nd referendum even though the majority of Scots voted to remain that will not translate into a victory in a 2nd Independence referendum.

Which makes all Nichola's shouting a complete & utter Bluff and that is not to underestimate her.

If you have not already read this please take a look at this url link......

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/constitution-unit.com/2016/06/13/removing-references-to-eu-law-from-the-devolution-legislation-would-invoke-the-sewel-convention/amp/?client=ms-android-orange-gb