The Fourth Reich is secretly under construction

The Fourth Reich is secretly under construction

SENIOR Eurocrats are secretly plotting to create a super-powerful EU president to realise their dream of abolishing ¬Britain, we can reveal.

A covert group of EU foreign ministers has drawn up plans for merging the jobs currently done by Herman Van Rompuy, president of the European Council, and Jose Manuel Barroso, president of the European Commission.

The new bureaucrat, who would not be directly elected by voters, is set to get sweeping control over the entire EU and force member countries into ever-greater political and economic union.

Tellingly, the UK has been excluded from the confidential discussions within the shady “Berlin Group” of Europhile politicians, spearheaded by German foreign minister Guido Westerwelle.

Opponents fear the plan could create a modern-day equivalent of the European emperor envisaged by Napoleon Bonaparte or a return to the Holy Roman Empire of Charlemagne that dominated Europe in the Dark Ages.

They are concerned that David Cameron’s coalition Government is doing nothing to prevent the sinister plot. The secret talks were uncovered by Independent Labour peer Lord Stoddart of Swindon.
“This is a plot by people who want to abolish nation states and create a United States of Europe,” he said.
“The whole thing is barmy. These people are determined to achieve their final objective.

“The only hope for Britain is to leave the EU and become an independent nation.”
The move will give further momentum to the Daily Express’s hugely popular crusade for Britain’s withdrawal from the EU.

Tory backbench MP Douglas Carswell said: “It doesn’t matter how you arrange the offices of these technocrats, they are useless at arranging our lives for us and they are not elected so they have no legitimacy.
“My worry is that the president will end up having the charisma of Van Rompuy and the economic management skills of Barroso.”

Euro-MP Paul Nuttall, of the UK Independence Party, said: “This is a truly ridiculous idea that must never be allowed to happen. It sounds as if they are trying to go back to the days of the Holy Roman Emperor.”
At present, the two senior EU bureaucrats, Mr Barroso and Mr Van Rompuy, are locked in a bitter power struggle to determine who is the true big cheese or “grand fromage” in Europe. Former Portuguese premier Mr Barroso, who heads the EU’s executive arm and was elected to his post by members of the European Union, is understood to resent the rival fiefdom of Belgian Mr Van Rompuy, who was chosen by the heads of ¬government of EU member states to represent them.

Under the plan, a single figure would be elected by Euro-MPs to perform both roles.
Supporters of the move believe that the rival presidencies are undermining the EU’s ability to speak with a single voice. They argue that merging the two jobs will create a powerful European leader who is capable of pursuing the federalist dream of a united Europe which has been severely shaken by the eurozone crisis.

Lord Stoddart confirmed the existence of the plot thanks to a parliamentary written answer in the House of Lords. He asked Foreign Office ministers to reveal what they knew about the merger talks.
In response to his inquiry, Tory Foreign Office minister Lord Howell of Guildford said: “We are aware of one group of EU foreign ministers meeting on an informal basis to discuss a variety of issues related to the future governance of the EU.

 “While the UK is not part of that group, we understand that one idea under discussion is a merger of the positions of president of the European Council and president of the European Commission.”
Lord Howell added: “A merger of the two presidencies would create a potential conflict of interest, undermine the quality of the EU’s decision-making processes and upset the institutional balance within the EU.” Lord Stoddart said: “These sorts of informal discussions within the EU have a habit of rapidly being transferred into formal proposals.

Since the Government is not party to these discussions, its reservations are academic.
Such a merger would represent a massive shift of power into the hands of a single, unelected bureaucrat. The Government should be taking this far more seriously and voicing its objections very strongly.”

He added: “The holder of this new office would be both Europe’s political and administrative leader, giving them far more powers than those given to the US president.

It really is a great disappointment that we have a Conservative-led Government that is supposed to be Eurosceptic yet ministers just go along with this.”

fiferalfa2 fiferalfa2

Re: The Fourth Reich is secretly under construction

Hi john
            i can honestly believe what you say is true because germany want to rule a united states of europe to suceed where hitler failed, we are continually led to believe that we need the eu for trading and to stay strong not true if that was the case why do we need to trade with other countries. The problem is the amount of corruption within the eu and the amount of money we pay into it i cannot understand why we must do as they say we were never given a choice wether we want it or not give us our referendum that was promised but never given where is the democracy in that the sooner we refuse to kowtow to them the better
johnc_9 johnc_9

Re: The Fourth Reich is secretly under construction

It looks like the french voters & greek voters have upset the fourth reich apple cart by not doing what germany wants.

Now maybe the idiots we have in charge of us will finally let us have OUR say especially after that ghoul Mandelson has expressed the opinion it's time we had another referendum (or was it his way of making sure the idea was again kicked out into the long grass?)
Harold Bastow Harold Bastow

Re: The Fourth Reich is secretly under construction

Germany failing to rule Europe in two world wars,are now trying to rule us politically.Look at all these nations that were invaded by Germany,cowering down to them in the E U.Then when the oppertunity comes along to make fun of those who helped to liberate them,the United Kingdom,they jump right on the band wagon to laugth at us.Remember he who laugths last laugths longest.We know that those wars are long gone,but the last of those that remember them have not all gone yet.
Harold Bastow Harold Bastow

Re: The Fourth Reich is secretly under construction

Is it possible that Germany is in such a reasonable financial position compared with other members of the E U,owing to not returning all the wealth taken from those countries during thier occupation.Is it also possible that these other members do not realise this.There is still people alive that remembers the last war and Germanys conquests.They certainly collected a lot of other countries wealth.Lest we forget.