Quantcast

The Brexit Vote

dave 1 dave 1

The Brexit Vote

While listening to the different debates today about how the Law stands on triggering article 50,it was stated that the Brexit vote is meaningless.This Country,it was stated,as a Parliamentary Democracy, not the people.The people vote the MP's into Parliament and they decide how this Country is run.So it could be said that by voting we give away our Democratic rights,and are not allowed any say even after we were given a referendum vote on the issue of the EU.This Court case is proving to me and many other people that it is a Dictatorship.

Re: The Brexit Vote

Dave I

The UK uses a parliamentary system that is described as a sovereign dictatorship! Enough said.

Re: The Brexit Vote

Parliament hath spoken! Remainers in disarray! Hooray! The people have spoken! um... don't they call that Democracy?
David A
dave 1 dave 1

Re: The Brexit Vote

David A,if the remainers in Parliament have their way,they will go for a soft Brexit which is no good for the people who wanted out, as we will be no better off.We would see hardly any change what so ever.A soft Brexit is another way of stitching the People up.So we are back to the start and I still say we have not got Democracy as it should be.I would also like to mention,that the Labour Party need to take note of last nights by-election results.They  are way out of touch from the population that they risk ending up like the Lib.Dems with very little MP's.

Re: The Brexit Vote

This post was updated on .
I agree with you that a soft Brexit is a cop out, but I think the turn of events next year, with the momentum of the Trump administration, the imminent failure of a number of financial European institutions and a direct challenge to the cosy banking cartels, Goldman, Barclays, RBS, Deutsche, Monte, UBS, ECB and certain other central banks and investment groups, all prominent, who are not only manipulating the currency markets for their own ends, but also blatantly the commodities markets, and to some degree the stock markets worldwide too - when all this comes unstuck, which in my view is now inevitable with each day seeing the cracks lengthening along with the fines! that soft Brexit of which you speak, will rapidly turn hard again. Even my fellow Scots are already telling Nicola they can do without her optimism for the EU, with good reason - had £12 million withdrawn from their budget last week for book irregularities!

Re: The Brexit Vote

Brexit means Brexit......so they say!!

We now know article 50 will be triggered by end of March 2017.

We will then suffer the various political versions on which Brexit we want which will not be fought in another referendum but will be fought on the next General Election where the.....

Lib dems will fight on the grounds of another referendum should they win!

Labour will fight on the grounds of soft Brexit!

Tory party will still have infighting on hard, soft and medium Brexit!

So no 2nd referendum but the next general election will be used as the referendum!

I just hope that PM May will after triggering article 50 will move with speed to remove us from the EU and that it is cutting as in severing all ties from the EU.

The 27 are going to play hard ball and PM May must go in as hard as they intend to be on us.

Lets hope she has bigger balls than when PM Cameron went it with his limp wristed and feeble attempt in getting his best conditions to bring to the British people before the referendum.