The BBC is a biased media entity

This post was updated on .
This morning BBC's "Breakfast" show conducted an interview with the leader of UKIP Nigel Farage, the interviewer Charlie Stayt was openly hostile towards Mr Farage, digging up a facile episode from Mr Farae's school days and insinuating that as a teenager he had acted in a racial and fascist way by walking through a Sussex village late at night singing a Hitler Youth marching song.
Was it therefore racist and fascist for Prince Harry to attend a party when he was a teenager dressed in a Nazi uniform?

How many British teenagers, even those of privelidged back grounds would actually know the words to the "Horst Weasel"?

"Die Fahne hoch, die Reihen fest geschlossen,S. A. marschiert mit ruhig festem Schritt Kam'raden die Rotfront und Reaktion erschossen, Marschier'n im Geist, in unsern Reihen mit Die Strasse frei den braunen Batallionen,
Die Strasse frei dem Sturmabteilungsmann, Es schau'n auf's Hackenkreuz, voll Hoffung schon Millionen,
Der Tag fur Freiheit, und fur Brot bricht an,Zum letzen Mal, wird nun Appell geblasen Zum Kampfe steh'n,
wir alle schon bereit, Bald flattern Hitler-fahnen Uber allen Strassen, Die Knechtschaft dauert nur mehr kurze Zeit Die Fahne hoch, die Reihen fest geschlossen, S. A. marschiert, mit ruhig festem Schritt, Kam'raden die Rotfront und Reaktion erschossen, Marschier'n im Geist, in unsern Reihen mit"

The BBC is the tool of the British Government despite being funded by the people, it reflects the policies of the Government in all matters, if the Government of the day is pro EU than the BBC will attack the forces aligned against the EU such as UKIP at every opportunity because of the threat that such parties pose to the Government.

The BBC is also the paid lackie of the EU because it annually receive a stypen from the ECB amounting to over £100 million so it would be absurd of the BBC to criticise the a major funding source external to licence fee revenues.

Re: The BBC is a biased media entity

This post was updated on .
This is just a jolly marching song in praise of Adolph Hitler advocating strong ties and brotherhood! I cannot see there a trace of the Marseillaise in it, which if the BBC is going to split hairs, is both racist as well as reactionary, and only the latter can be found in this song, as far as I can see, as one who is himself, half Jewish!

What people don't seem to realise is that Adolph Hitler (whose grandmother was Jewish) was a 'failed' artist from the Viennese Academy (actually I think his paintings are rather good) and something of an icon in Britain before WWII because he was always promoting daredevil events across Europe, particularly challenges like air speed records, motor racing records, motor cycle events, and of course the Schneider Trophy, won by a Supermarine prototype on the Riviera! So yes, he was very much the 'Anything Goes' man of the moment; and my uncle actually fell in love with a girl from Hitler Youth. So what? The War changed everything. That's the truth. There were extremists in the movement it is true, but the majority of Hitler Youth then was arguably no different from Baden Powell's Boy Scout and Lady Baden Powell's Girl Guides movement; and in fact, if I recollect correctly, the Jamborees were shared events with Hitler Youth - they and Anglo-Saxons had a lot in common! So we must be careful not to be too hypocritical in judging Farage. He like Pope Francis is a reformed man and we should not hold his teenage impressionable days against him. My admiration for his stance is, if anything, reinforced by this, and I will readily endorse any Tory/UKIP coalition government. BBC need to reform their policies to reflect impartiality or face a licence revolt!

The way I look at things is that everyone is an individual, and I treat them accordingly, although as a youngster in East Africa, I can recall being a Boy Scout and thoroughly enjoying every innocent minute of adventure with the Kestrels and teaming up with the Girl Guides at the Hops, which weren't always so innocent! Would that everyone could have enjoyed those blissful days!
David A
adminukpolitics adminukpolitics

Re: The BBC is a biased media entity

i thought it was pretty shoddy journalism digging up records from his formative years...it was originally a c4 piece by a very bbc and former newsnight journo
crick who can at times be forensic but too often trivial...i wonder if the greens can do for the left what ukip has done for the right...

Re: The BBC is a biased media entity

Re: The BBC is a biased media entity

Re: The BBC is a biased media entity

This morning on BBC Breakfast the story broke about the stupid UKIP Mep who had called a group of women       "Sluts" and later struck a reporter on the head with a copy of the UKIP conference catalog. BBC's Charlie Stayt was obviously enjoying a second chance in two days to have a dig at UKIP and one of his journalist colleagues referred to UKIP as  party of loonies, it is significant that while they only gave Nigel Farage's apology to the conference about this Mep a couple of minutes coverage . Yet Ed Milliband's outdoor speech to a series of choreographed "Random" questions which Ugly Ed WS able to reply to without drawing breath was covered in full (25 minutes).
Ironically this is the same Mep who was involved in the "Bongo Bongo Land" incident.

Re: The BBC is a biased media entity

Don't worry John,

These spinners can weave all the pathetic bile they like. Farage speaks for the vast majority of Britain right now, and everyone knows his heart is in the right place.

David
David A