Quantcast

TV debate is it worthwhile?

Re: TV debate is it worthwhile?

Hi Peter, I think TV debates are an absolute waste of time. They are controlled by the TV companies who air them and are subject to great bias, as are the ever growing number of opinion poles, where so called positions of the parties are quoted from those that fit best with the particular media's bias. I think they should all be banned.

Re: TV debate is it worthwhile?

Oracle

Welcome back your comments and thoughts have been missed.

I appreciate your thoughts on TV debates and i get where you are coming from, however, i like to hope the questions are not known to the politicians before they are asked as i like to see their immediate reaction and often their facial expressions says so much more than their actual reply.

The human brain can control words we speak before we answer but for some reason the human brain cannot cover up our facial expressions and the eyes give so much away in their true thought's.

Besides i love to see them being put under pressure and how they treat each other, it gives so much away about their true characters, unlike their photo opportunities that are manufactured by spin doctors to make them look good.
Peter C
Rookery Rookery

Re: TV debate is it worthwhile?

Totally agree.  Its like watching paint dry.     Oh dear who can we vote for?   I want out of the EU  but I am afraid of what the Tories want to do to the NHS.

Re: TV debate is it worthwhile?

Vote Labour - come out of the EU and save the NHS and our public services. We are coming out no doubt about it. I agree with you and Peter. TV debates are so often pre-planned and heavily orchestrated, but it's interesting, as Peter suggests to observe their body language. They are all so well-trained, primped and polished these days - with the only possible exception being Jeremy Corbyn. Many people on this site seem to be voting Tory, some of whom were previous Labour supporters. I personally cannot bring myself to vote Tory and certainly not for Teresa May - such an appalling Home Secretary. I also can't change my political beliefs from Labour to the right wing so easily. Anyway great to see you posting again!

Re: TV debate is it worthwhile?

Welcome back Rookery missed your valuable comments.

Your dilemma is the same for all of those traditional Labour supporter's.

We want out the EU with the best possible deal and we want the best for our NHS......

Unfortunately we have a Labour party soft on leaving the EU and saying EU workers can and will still come here, which would be all well and good if there were one points system for all people wanting to come and contribute. However, the Labour party appear to prefer to remain in the single market which means accepting free movement of people and accepting EU laws.

This are the very reason we voted to come out the EU and the Labour party are just not offering anything near what i want or what so many Labour voters want on Brexit.

The Labour are not looking to why people (mainly in England) turned away from voting Labour and changed to UKIP as they offered the Brexit the traditional labour supporter's want and it was a shot across the bow to Labour which has gone un-headed.

This in turn has left traditional labour voter's with wasting a vote on UKIP and having to look and consider voting Tory.

I am not a tribal voter and like most people end up voting for a party who represents possibly one or two policies that appeal.......

While the NHS and what the Tories have done to the working poor etc etc......

I can't see myself voting Labour on this occasion solely due to Labour's weak stance on Brexit, i had hoped they were going to come out with a good strong Brexit policy but no they have shown me the door and left me with no other party to vote for other than the Tories.

To confront the Labour leadership and not only under Jeremy Corbyn but Tony Blair (war criminal) they lost Scotland a Labour heartland because they ignore the will of the Scottish people on more than one occasion and this is why the Tories are on the rise again up here and why the SNP have swept labour aside.

The Labour party are now as guilty of ignoring the warning shots across their bow from traditional labour supporter's in England when they can clearly see that UKIP stole more Labour voters than Tory votes last election.

Labour are potentially heading to be swept aside in this election, in my wildest dreams and imagination i don't see Labour gaining but losing MP's.

This is why my vote will be Tory as they best represent my thoughts on leaving the EU.

If we didn't get this general election now 2017 we were looking to 2020 and the likelihood of another Tory victory which would take us to 2025. This would have given us another 8 years under the Tories so i am voting Tory and hoping the Labour party will take a serious look at why traditional labour voter's are now prepared to vote Tory.

The simple fact about the Labour party they are not a listening party, it's all very well having the party faithful behind you but if you haven't got the rest of the country behind you and you continue to ignore what the people outside the party faithful want then Labour is over as a mainstream​ party and will always be sitting on the sideline.

It's really sad that the leadership since Tony Blair (war criminal) right up to Jeremy Corbyn have a very blinkered view on what the people really want.

Re: TV debate is it worthwhile?

Hi Peter,

I caught some of last night's TV debate on the news this morning and to me it is obvious that no party that took part other than UKIP are intending to do anything about immigration. They are all as guilty as one another of making promises that
they just cannot keep. The more I see of Nicola Sturgeon the more see how Power mad she is. As for Tim Farron, well words fail me. The man's living in cuckoo land like his predecessor . He claims the Lib Dems would not entertain any sort of coalition so why on earn are they bothering to take part in an election?