TV debate is it worthwhile?

Re: TV debate is it worthwhile?

Hi Peter, I think TV debates are an absolute waste of time. They are controlled by the TV companies who air them and are subject to great bias, as are the ever growing number of opinion poles, where so called positions of the parties are quoted from those that fit best with the particular media's bias. I think they should all be banned.

Re: TV debate is it worthwhile?

Rookery Rookery

Re: TV debate is it worthwhile?

Totally agree.  Its like watching paint dry.     Oh dear who can we vote for?   I want out of the EU  but I am afraid of what the Tories want to do to the NHS.

Re: TV debate is it worthwhile?

Vote Labour - come out of the EU and save the NHS and our public services. We are coming out no doubt about it. I agree with you and Peter. TV debates are so often pre-planned and heavily orchestrated, but it's interesting, as Peter suggests to observe their body language. They are all so well-trained, primped and polished these days - with the only possible exception being Jeremy Corbyn. Many people on this site seem to be voting Tory, some of whom were previous Labour supporters. I personally cannot bring myself to vote Tory and certainly not for Teresa May - such an appalling Home Secretary. I also can't change my political beliefs from Labour to the right wing so easily. Anyway great to see you posting again!

Re: TV debate is it worthwhile?

Re: TV debate is it worthwhile?

Hi Peter,

I caught some of last night's TV debate on the news this morning and to me it is obvious that no party that took part other than UKIP are intending to do anything about immigration. They are all as guilty as one another of making promises that
they just cannot keep. The more I see of Nicola Sturgeon the more see how Power mad she is. As for Tim Farron, well words fail me. The man's living in cuckoo land like his predecessor . He claims the Lib Dems would not entertain any sort of coalition so why on earn are they bothering to take part in an election?