Syria

1234

Re: Syria

I learn today that maybe 400 plus Brits are in Syria supporting Isis, with atrocious acts like the public beheading of the American journalist.

Enough, if we let these bastards back into our country, then they use it as a base to foment their misery not only on us but worldwide. I agree with Peter, if we have any thought for some sort of future for our children, this odious cancer needs not only to be swiftly rooted out, but also eliminated.

I know Williams' argument that there are plenty of peaceloving British Muslims in the UK, but if religious differences are such that some are advocating the murder of Christians and gays, then this is a declaration of War, and we must respond by at best forceful repatriation, and worst by immediate elimination of anyone guilty of terrorist acts.

Come on, Cameron, don't emulate Goebbels, and show some!
David A
james goudie james goudie

Re: Syria

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

I think the recent drone strike shows great courage and leadership, these UK citizens go to a war zone to promote murder, forced marriage, torture, execution and destruction of historical monuments.

They go on TV and execute people and stand proud......

Total respect to Cameron, he had the vision and fortitude to take action and whilst some MPs sitting safe in parliament, do there usual grandstanding for the cameras and question he was right to do it and a percentage of UK residents who sit in there houses watching sky with a nice cup of tea may think he is wrong.

I hope other governments take a lead from Cameron and instead of simply opening the boarders and saying "we will take more refugees" start doing something pro active the daily atrocities being committed in Syria and the immediate surrounding area.

As many refugees have said they want to live there lives in their country and not have to run and ask for asylum.

Mr Cameron please keep up the great work you have many more people who believe in you than may realise.

Re: Syria

James G

We may not always agree but we can always agree to disagree as does most contributors to this forum.

A little background about my political affiliation....
I am a lifelong labour supporter, now a disillusioned ex labour supporter after Tony Blair  (War Criminal) took us into an illegal war and dragged the labour party far to close to the tories.

Yes on this a wholeheartedly agree with your views on this topic.
I am not usually a flag waver for tories or Cameron but......

I have to give him 10 out of 10 for his actions and leadership in regard to these drone strikes.

As you said these people openly declared there views, their hatred for our country, laws etc etc they got on an airplane, boat, train, car or bus and made their way to fight alongside these barbaric ISIL. ........ They also have not hide the fact that they would continue the jihad on their return to the UK openly declaring their intent on killing British citizens

Therefore, David Cameron has every right to protect the citizens as his first duty to us all.

In my view it matters not if they were an imminent threat, longterm threat, the very fact that they have joined ISIL committing murder in the name of jihad and Allah they have declared themselves an enemy of humanity.

Well done to Cameron
Peter C
james goudie james goudie

Re: Syria

Hi Peter C

Thanks for the welcome.

I have never really had any hard and firm view on politics as all the parties seem to skirt around issues and come across as saying what they think what the public wants as opposed to what really has to be done.

The great shame about Syria is that the whole IS movement could have been stopped in the early days but after the experiences in Iraq, Afghanistan and in part Libya the world governments where uncomfortable for obvious reasons.

Its simply maths really 95% Syrians are good, decent, caring and family orientated people. Its the 5 % that are causing the great majority of the problems and indeed some of these are as a result of opposition to the current government in situ.

Never an easy answer and never a simply solution. However the following quote i feel is appropriate "evil reigns when good men stand by and do nothing".

I take some solace that we have a leader who picks his fights with intelligence and planning as opposed to charging into a conflict with little or incorrect intel.

World leaders i feel could get together and handle this situation with surgical precision as opposed to the smash and grab technique and hope that Cameron will lead others into similar action to firstly contain the expansion of IS then strategically dismantle it.

How would the Great British Public feel if we where chased from our homes and made to run with no possessions, little money and no where to go. So come on people lets advocate precision responses and encourage our leaders to do the right thing and not sit back as if we wait we all feel the results in very personnel ways when this organisation decides that our historical property insults their beliefs and decide to start doing something about it......

Re: Syria

James Goudie,

Welcome to "Have your say"

You made a rather sweeping statement: "Its simply maths really 95% Syrians are good, decent, caring and family orientated people. Its the 5 % that are causing the great majority of the problems and indeed some of these are as a result of opposition to the current government in situ."

You could say the same about the Russian people when the Bolsheviks wiped out the nobility, the educators, the lawyers and any other part of the intelligencia of Russia or when the people of Germany stood by and allowed an inbuilt anti Semitism to come to the fore during the third Riech's reign of terror, where were the good decent people? It only takes for a good man to do nothing for tyranny to triumph.

In order to understand the Syrian conflict you need a knowledge of Syrian history during the 19th and 20th centuries, how the Shi'a and other non Sunni peoples were made to suffer under the Sunni "Ottoman" occupation, how that persecution continued after the collapse of the Ottoman empire until the election that brought the Hafiz al Assad into power he was an Alawite an odd version of Shia Islam, as are most of the Syrian Army, under the Assad regime the persecution and social discrimination of the Shi'a was reversed upon the Sunni majority by Assad and later by his son with periodic mass exterminations until the recent civil war began when genocide mass murder and outright butchery in the name of Allah has spiralled out of control on both sides, their is no such thing as an innocent Syrian, all have condoned the killings even if they took no part in the killings personally.

Re: Syria

Syria topic has fallen by the wayside for some time now.

After recent events in France.......

How many would support boots on the ground in Syria to rid ISIS of their money supply that funds their war games with the west?

I look forward to hearing as many views as possible!!
Peter C
1234