Squadron Leader Johnny Johnson DFM

Apologies for erroneous earlier post. This guy was no great shakes as a bomb aimer, but he was among the lucky and last! Lancasters to return after 8 of them failed to make it with the loss of 53 crew - somehow, although he missed after 9 futile passes! and wasn't flavour of the month on board either! this plane managed to defy the far worse odds against the now waiting Luftwaffe in Holland! How he knows not! The man, as a witness of that mad moonlit night, still merits a knighthood, in my book!

 Hi folks,

Happy New Year! Just signed this petition, and posted my own comment at:

www.facebook.com/david.akenhead

Hoping many of you will sign too when I/you see the dross that are receiving knighthoods etc presently!

I just signed the petition, “Give Britain's last surviving Dambuster hero a knighthood.” I think this is important. Will you sign it too?
Here’s the link:
https://www.change.org/p/give-britain-s-last-surviving-dambuster-hero-a-knighthood?utm_medium=email&utm_source=notification&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&share_context=signature_receipt&recruiter=91019131
Thanks,
David

Re: Squadron Leader Johnny Johnson DFM

David,

I have just signed this petition......

Re: Squadron Leader Johnny Johnson DFM

thank you, Peter, and thank you, John too!