Saving money on disability car scheme

sisterbird sisterbird

Saving money on disability car scheme

Money can be saved by means testing disability car scheme. I know people who are high earners recieving this benifit, surely they could pay for insuranc,tax, new tyres and servicing. This would save quite a bit of money?
Ubuntu user Ubuntu user

Re: Saving money on disability car scheme

Sister Bird,
I can only assume that the bird portion of your name alludes to your brain, this site is not for well meaning ConDems to help your brave leaders to attack the poor, old and now ill people rather than building our economy by correctly taxing their rich dom' and non dom' paymasters and the bankers who got us into this mess.

I am sure that in your blissful ignorance you have missed the point, Motability fronted as a “charity” by (another multimillionaire) Lord Stirling:  http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/news/Mar2001/UKDisabledCharityUnderInvestigation.html

is a scheme whereby a recipient of the higher level mobility portion of DLA  hands it over to Stirling's outfit, who then furnish the claimant of this universal benefit,  a vehicle.

You could go a little further in investigating this birdbrained idea sister, perhaps you would swap your good health and ability to walk over 40 metres for £2553.20 a year, if so let me know, there again you're probably the type of person who park in disabled only bays.

Perhaps if you find the site were you can contact your glorious leader or his two faced sidekick, you may suggest that they make an exception to the huge cuts in education spending to give you one to one tuition in spelling, grammar and how to use a spell-checker on your pc, but you're probably using Windoze Vista.
Again it may be that you are jealous of your neighbours new car and intelligence, he/she wouldn't be high earners on DLA believe me.
sisterbird sisterbird

Re: Saving money on disability car scheme

sisterbird sisterbird

Re: Saving money on disability car scheme

This is for Bunty
Thoughts on saving money for the NHS, Disability cars disabled drivers
Must all the disability cars be hugh ie Nisan Note etc all inthe region of £12,000 to £16,000 each plus running cost, insurance, free repairs and in some circumstances free parking
Is it not possible that a less expensive lower omission etc vehicles be available, after all we the tax payers have to cut our cloth to suit our pockets
In additian, could not the drivers be required to be prepared to drive people to and from hospital appiontments at least two (2 ) days per week, this i believe help reduce the time money required by the NHS
This is not a knock at disabled drivers as being one I know what is what
Clive Clive

Re: Saving money on disability car scheme

A Nissan Note is huge? What do you class the Micra as, a 4x4? Where do you get these "free repairs" so I know for in the future because up to now I've not seen anything mentioned about this scheme (doesn't exist does it?)

Free parking is normally done through the blue badge scheme, you don't have to be in receipt of DLA to get a blue badge <*sigh, spare me from these people*>

My wife is disabled, we live half a mile up a dirt track, a saloon style car would not get up there (we had a Ford Mondeo old style and it's exhaust was ripped off on a regular basis) We now have a Dodge Caliber, a little over £8k and economical as hell, without it my wife would be housebound. Add to this the local doctor has refused to do home visits as has her mental health team.

Before you come out with uninformed stuff like this try researching it a little otherwise you tend to look a-stupid, b-jealous, c- both of the previous.

And no my wife cannot drive someone to and from hospital as she has epilepsy and can't drive, I drive her where she needs to go and as her epilepsy isn't well controlled she cannot be left for any length of time

I'm wasting precious time trying to explain how a disabled person such as my wife has the ability to go out to someone without an ounce of brains aren't I?