Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults

jaynes jaynes

Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults

I have read with interest the independant review to be conducted by Professor Munrow, into the serious failings of child protection. I would like to ask when will there be an serious. in depth enquiry into the serious failings of adult care in this country. Adults range from age 19 - 100+ when is this country going to realise that there is abuse not only from social services but from all care providders working with this group. There is very little support for carers, paid or not. Today there was a report www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/Doubledeath-tragedy-mother again a young person died (29) of a serious failing of care, if you read this please note the last socoal services visit was 2006 where the mother refused 'the offer of our services' should social services not followed this up on at least an annual basis?