Quantcast

Sad day when yours truly backs May!

Just posted this on Times Forum!

Case of devil you know and devil you don't know! I can't believe I'm doing this when one is faced with two useless candidates!

What's to be done? Was I right? I don't know!!!!!

Mr D Akenhead 13 hours ago
Why did Leadsom bang on about that motherhood thing - sounds positively Germanic! May just got my vote, even if as the wonderful AbFab cartoon by Peter Brookes suggests, she's only just standing! That said, I'm glad Deutsche Boerse have teamed up with London! They obviously think our pound has a future and the euro not! Or are they just hedging their bets!??
5 Recommend

Re: Sad day when yours truly backs May!

David A

I would not write off Andrea Leadsom just yet, also we should remember that the journalist who wrote this damaging piece works for the Times, which is a Murdoch newspaper, and Murdoch is supporting Mrs May.
I think that Leadsom is perhaps guilty of a lack of political cynicism in dealing with the gutter press which has allowed the reporter to twist the content of her replies to suit the bias of Murdoch's group.

There are also a few ghosts in May's cupboard, back in the 70/80's there was a tenuous link between Mrs May and the notorious Pedophile Information Exchange when rumours of high level Whitehall involvement in child abuse were circling in the media, there is also the recent support given by Mrs May to Sharia Law which she has publicly stated is of benefit to the UK.

Re: Sad day when yours truly backs May!

This post was updated on .
Help!!! clearly a dandelion!

It was a short aberration!

On that note: just posted this under the Sunday Times Leader!

Murdoch does permit a certain amount of latitude even by his crossword correspondents!

Feel a bit better!

Mr D Akenhead 29 minutes ago
May has no mandate to govern Great Britain. Leadsom has. May previously endorsed Shariah Law. Leadsom didn't. Leadsom was politically incorrect about banging on about motherhood, which was cruel to May, but not grounds for censure. My first reaction was to swing to May. In the light of the above, I have swung back to Leadsom. I wonder how many floaters are like me?
DeleteRecommendReply
Mr Ray Jones 11 minutes ago
@Mr D Akenhead To have a proper mandate of course, is the mandate from the British people and once they decide a leader,  should go to the country. Major and Brown did not do this of course - and they should have. To decide who becomes a PM on the size of who might get into Wembley to see  a football match would seem a bid odd to the public at large.
FlagRecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 3 minutes ago
pending
@Mr Ray Jones @Mr D Akenhead I wholeheartedly agree with you. Neither Brown nor Maggie's poodle, Major, had a mandate to govern Britain either! Seems the old courtesies of standing down, have been conveniently forgotten! Sad days for Britain, but we need swift action now if we are to calm the markets, and it seems to me a coalition government, (like wartime) is what we need now, pooling the best brains and rowing in the same direction, because let's face it, we are entering a war for our very existence, seems to me!Edit (in 2 minutes)
Mr Ray Jones 39 minutes ago
What of I have seen of the Tory contenders and the Labour one this morning on TV I must say they don't fill me with confidence. Neither seems very inspirational. In fact they seem to be  rather boring. This country is crying out for leadership, someone, who can inspire, can make things happen, motivate,  be charismatic and can dream - you probably guess I am a  Chris Coleman (Welsh football manager)fan but you know what I mean. Watching IDS, although not a contender  was really going back to the past - the country needs to go forward - in the case of the Tories - in fast mode - to wait until September before a new leader/PM is chosen is foolish. It prolongs uncertainty and is not good for our financial stability. Perhaps Our Dave should have stayed around a bit longer to restore some calm.
FlagRecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 19 minutes ago
@Mr Ray Jones our Dave appears to be just like our Boris - a whiff of Gove and they're off! So, incidentally, is Gove, right off!

It's getting better by the minute - my latest volley, took ages for Sunday Times to print this one!

FaireSansDire 1 hour ago
Angelic Andrea will make a wonderful role model for children of all creeds. I can see the banners now. You too can reach for the sky: falsify your CV, fiddle with your tax returns and malign barren women.
Flag9RecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 1 hour ago
@FaireSansDire do you believe everything you read? I understand now, (as has been admitted by a Times reporter) that it was NOT Andrea Leadsom who raised the motherhood issue! Second, Leadsom is no worse than Donald Trump who could well be the next leader of the free world! I understand too that Mrs May has recently stated that she endorses Shariah Law!
Delete1RecommendReply

Thank you, John Kelly!

Re: Sad day when yours truly backs May!

John, do you have a link for this comment by May on Sharia Law?

Don't worry, I've found what I was looking for in response to Swiss Tony!

Swiss Tony 1 hour ago
@ mr D.
You criticise others for 'believing everything you read' before moving on to show that is exactly what you have done yourself.
Listen to the transcript (or do you think that is faked as well).
Perhaps you have links for the Sharia law comment?
Flag1RecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 11 minutes ago
pending
@Swiss Tony Widely reported in Express, Telegraph, and Guardian - here's the Telegraph one, after which, like me you may consider switching to Andrea! I do not think the transcript is faked. I am just stating the truth, it wasn't she who introduced the topic, it was a Times reporter and my claim has already been vetted and approved by this paper, so I hope this response does not take another hour to materialise! here's the link...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/26/may-hails-benefits-of-sharia-as-inquiry-set-up-into-misuse-of-is/