SNP & Indyref 2 ........Be Brave Theresa May

12

Re: SNP & Indyref 2 ........Be Brave Theresa May

Peter C,
I am with you. Teresa May said so many things standing outside No.10 after her election as leader of the Tory party. I have yet to see any evidence of her promises being kept except for Brexit means Brexit and that has yet to happen. She has done nothing for the 'jams' or equality and doubt she has any intention of doing so - after all she is a Tory and a turncoat too. She was a 'remainer' albeit one that didn't advertise the fact very vociferously and suddenly she is a 'leaver' - this helped her achieve her ambition as leader.  As for being a proponent of a united Britain - she will only support that if it serves her. She is not to be trusted! She may have been in the Home Office for a long time but failed to achieve anything - she did not cut down immigration, upset the Border Agency by cutting staff thereby making their work impossible, she cut the Police force again making life very difficult - in fact she upset so many people during her tenure - let's hope she doesn't do that with Scotland and the negociations required for a smooth exit from the EU with a good deal. She will find that it won't help trying to bully 27 countries into submission, perhaps a more conciliatory approach could be better rather than the present aggressive stance to both Scotland and the EU.

Re: SNP & Indyref 2 ........Be Brave Theresa May

Oh, ye of little faith! She made mistakes in her earlier career which she now freely admits. I like that in a person, an ability to try to rectify her own shortcomings. In fact, I find it inspiring. To me, she is no longer a run-of-the-mill politician, but one committed to uniting our British Isles - a sentiment I find laudible. Don't make the mistake of Aristotle by attempting to cast people in one colour or another, or one box or another. At base we are all individual human beings, and that's good enough for me!

Re: SNP & Indyref 2 ........Be Brave Theresa May

Hi David,
Teresa May may be a human being but that simply doesn't make her a good or moral person.  Your faith is admirable but I just cannot agree with you.  She reminds me of Thatcher far too much which makes me shudder but my dislike is not simply a response to that emotion. She was a bad Home Secretary and she has yet to prove that she is a good PM and given my loathing for the Tories it is unlikely that I will ever have much time for her. She promised to build an economy serving everyone - the recent budget hardly demonstrated that.  The alignment of self-employed NICS was actually fair but as soon as there was a bit anxiety her troops, all fearful of losing their seats, she forced Hammond to do an about turn - so much for 'for the good of everyone'. You and I obviously sit on different sides of the house and we have to agree to differ. Nevertheless I am always willing to think about others opinions and look forward to more of yours. I will also await May's response to Brexit and see if she can negotiate a good deal for the UK whilst keeping the Union together - that will be very tricky. I wonder if she has the charm, charisma or skill to achieve both. I, also, wonder if she has the cabinet capable of helping her.  I doubt that Johnson is a good choice for foreign secretary and Fox - well he has a rather sinister past? Time will tell.

Re: SNP & Indyref 2 ........Be Brave Theresa May

David,

Now we can say that Theresa May has achieved her first landmark by outright refusing the SNP a 2nd Scottish independence referendum.

This i wholeheartedly agree with her, we voted as on United country (UK) and we stay strong as a family of four country's and get the best possible deal TOGETHER!

Re: SNP & Indyref 2 ........Be Brave Theresa May

Agreed!
David A
12