SCAMS

dave 1 dave 1

SCAMS

In the last two weeks I have received telephone calls stating I have a law suit taken against me from HMRC.A very posh spoken man then wants me to press a number to hear more.I have now blocked three calls from this person on three seperate numbers.I know this is a scam.I reported this to the police after some difficulty getting through,but the police say they can do nothing as they come from abroad.I feel that the news media should be broadcasting a list of these scams on a regular basis so that people are made aware so they will not be caught out.I hope someone in the media may read this and take it on board.

Re: SCAMS

Don't worry Dave. It happens to me frequently - It's the age we live in, I fear. Have a nice Christmas!

Re: SCAMS

Hi dave - merry Christmas - I am so sorry I missed you in my last post! I get scams all the time - offering me dodgy deals, lifestyle surveys - which I never do because they could generate even more scams! I have had offers of wine, trees, diamonds, oil fields, biogeneration and more. I actually was able to get the fraud squad involved and they managed to get some of scammers - they had made millions from people in the City of London - I was gobsmacked, I thought they would be too clever - obviously not!. The most recent calls I have had have come from abroad and I try to keep them on the phone for as long as possible as it costs them money and they finally realise that I am not going to buy anything, tell them about myself and not going to get involved in anyway shape or form.  I find it very irritating and I have had so many, some as many as 3/4 per day. They are scams and we can all afford to ignore them! You could try the Fraud Squad - they may help. Have a great 2017 too!
dave 1 dave 1

Re: SCAMS

Thank you David A and Mary S for your replys to my post.Hope you both have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy 2017.All the best.