Quantcast

Richmond bye election

dave 1 dave 1

Richmond bye election

The news reporting of the Richmond bye election had so much spin on it,that it was enough to make you sick.To hear the leader of the Lib.Dems talking,you would think they had won a General Election.He says that this shows they are on the way up.One extra MP that won on a very poor turn out is not exactly a huge step forward after loosing fifty MP's at the last General Election.This Party does not believe in Democracy,only when it pleases them.They also,to my way of thinking,had very little opposition.As to the Media reporting,it is so biased it is laughable.They talk about Democracy,what Democracy.

Re: Richmond bye election

I agree - they have gained just one seat for goodness sake! I think it was as much a protest against Zac Goldsmith whose Mayoral campaign was typical Lynton Crosby - pretty base and vile and I suspect people, due to this,  lost any respect they had for him. Also he is an advocate of leaving the EU and Richmond is pro-remain so his chances of losing were very likely. He was not really an independent either - just an independent Tory - he would have returned to the fold after a decent amount of time. The Lib-Dems need many more seats and much more support to make a dent in the public's distrust of them.

Re: Richmond bye election

I have just watched Andrew Neil on Sunday Politics, at the end of the program he played back a recording of the LBC radio interview of the newly elected Lid Dem MP for Richmond where the interviewer asked her why she had fought the election on the Brexit question, she replied that the voters had voted to leave the EU not the single market, when the interviewer responded with proof that all the major players in the leave camp had stated that Brexit would mean leaving the single market there was an embarrassing silence from the new MP which lasted nearly 10 seconds , only broken by the MP's PR man who said she had to go somewhere else, enough said?
Earlier in the same program Andrew Neil interviewed Labour's Diane Abbot MP, when pressed on her views of immigration, especially the recent alarmingly record growth since the Brexit vote she stated that she was opposed to restrictions since that would be racist, Me Neil then pointed out that her views were in stark contrast to 5 other members of the Shadow Cabinet including Jeremy Corbyn she looked somewhat flustered.

In my opinion Andrew Neil along with Andrew Marr are the pinnacle's of journalistic integrity at the BBC, sadly they are in a considerable minority in that odious corporation!
dave 1 dave 1

Re: Richmond bye election

There is another bi-election due this Thursday in an area were the majority of the people voted for Brexit.Let us hope that there is a high turnout and that they vote for the peoples Party which is now UKIP.It would be very interesting to see what the media would make of that,and how much air time would be given to them.I suspect it would be very little,and very biased.

Re: Richmond bye election

Lib dems are in such disarray and are so desperate to find a way back into mainstream politics they are grasping at straws and that straw is.......

Remainers 46.6%....13,266,996 VOTES

Which is large amount of voters, however,  the Tories just got a majority government with 11,334,576 voters.

Somehow I don't see the lib dems luring that amount of remainers/remoaners to vote lib dem

The lib dems are living in desperation rather than in reality.