Repetition and duplication at JobCentre Plus...

commonsense commonsense

Repetition and duplication at JobCentre Plus...

Reducing repetition and duplication must be a priority:

Employment and support allowance (ESA) requires virtually the same form to be completed twice by the claimant. And, if Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is also claimed, that's another form too. Each of these forms, I guess, will require a response from a paid employee... so 3 people are going to look at the same information via 3 different forms... ???

Those on Job Seekers Allowance (JSA) who attend 'training' run by external suppliers for JobCenter Plus, are required to fill in time sheets... in and out time before lunch, and in and out time after lunch... but this has to be done by hand despite being on IT training... ??? Reports by the paid external advisor have to be filled in, by hand, every week despite being on IT training... ??? And, I guess that people have to act upon this 'paperwork'... file it, I guess. Trainers say that this paper-trail process is imposed on them by JobCenter Plus.

Changing from JSA to 'training' requires about 10 different forms to be completed... by hand... by the JobCenter Plus advisor, and signed by the claimant. And, I guess that people have to act upon this 'paperwork'... file it, I guess. Note the repetition!

Mistakes that are made by JobCenter Plus are not declared to the local Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit people, who will have sent letters to the claimant every week, for some weeks, asking for the arrears to be reduced.  But the claimant is expected to sort out their mistakes... without even knowing what's happened, or even that they are suggesting that something has happened... ???

Although only one form is to be filled in to claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit, only the Housing Benefit section are informed when mistakes are made by JobCenter Plus. Nobody tells the Council Tax section who will, in due course, automatically start Court proceedings, without the claimant even knowing what has happened... ???

When mistakes are made by JobCenter Plus or the Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit people, the 'reason' given is that there has been a 'change in circumstances' of the claimant. This never highlights a mistake in their procedures... and will therefore never be resolved to prevent similar things happening again... ???

Get rid of this waste NOW!