Remove knighthoods from bankers

Marymar Marymar

Remove knighthoods from bankers

In view of the removal of the 'damehood' from Jean Else, http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2011/feb/10/super-head-damehood-revoked, why can't an example be made of those bankers whose behaviour is less than exemplary, most notably Fred Goodwin?

Th4e Oracle Th4e Oracle

Re: Remove knighthoods from bankers

Hi Marymar

This is a prime example of the them and us syndrome. There are always scapegoats. Basically, once again it comes down to how rich you are. Take Lord Archer for instance. Why has he never been stripped of his knighthood? Instead of suffering, he has made shedloads of money since his holiday in prison.

The saying goes "crime doesn't pay"  no not if you aren't one of the privileged few it doesn't, but as I've said before, wealth brings you more than justice and there are many examples to prove it.  How many of the very rich politicians have been prosecuted for stealing public money? Every single one of those who claimed for things they shouldn't have done should be charged. Paying the money back should not be instead of punishment it should be part of it.  If I was caught shoplifting and offered to pay, I would still be prosecuted and the goods would be taken as well.

That's the kind of injustice we have in this psuedo democratic country.