Public funds for propaganda

Yet another scandalous move.  It becomes increasingly clear that the word Democracy means absolutely nothing in this country. Where do David Cameron and George Osborn get the idea that it is okay for them to spend 9 million pounds of public money for propaganda purposes in order to coerce voters into voting to stay in the EU whilst not affording the same privilege to the no campaign.
When, dodgy Dave says the Government want to give us the facts he is lying because they don’t have any actual facts. Nobody knows what either result will really mean for this Country. We need to hold our nerve and take a note from the recent vote in the Netherlands that rejected expansion of the EU trade. I become more convinced that if we vote to leave it will be the beginning of the end of the EU and nothing will make me happier, so don't bother sending me a leaflet Dave!
If Dave and his crew are so convinced that staying in is best they should put their money where their mouths are and fund their campaign themselves.

Re: Public funds for propaganda

I shall my leaflet back to Downing Street if and when I get it. What a disgrace spending £9 million on leaflets under the guise of informing the public about the EU when this government is constantly bemoaning the fact that the country is broke. They a bunch of lying thieves and the sooner we see the back of them the better!! Surely if they have a spare £9 million lying around they could use it to help those that needing it - NHS, Social Care, holes in roads, the elderly etc - need I go on? They are happy to sell off all the countries assets, even open spaces in London, and happy to waste money on leaflets in an attempt to persuade the public to vote to stay in the EU - Cameron and Osborne are terrified that they will lose the vote - they will have to resign - hopefully they will lose - their resignations can't come soon enough - hateful,smug and vile pair that they are along with their revolting little sycophantic minions!

Re: Public funds for propaganda

Remember! Return to sender!

Re: Public funds for propaganda

Hi David,
I should have reviewed my post prior to posting it! I did mean return to sender of course - but I also think maybe inundating 10 Downing Street would be a great wheeze - imagine if everyone did the same the post bag would be huge and cause a great deal of inconvenience for the occupant!

Re: Public funds for propaganda

Hi Mary, I also intend to return the propaganda leaflet. If it helps to give a boost to the leave campaign, the 1st class postage to send the letter back would be well worth it to me. I am not sure what Royal Mail's obligation is with regard to "return to sender" mail. Whereas I would assume they have a duty to deliver paid for mail. Unfortunately I do not use social media but fervently hope that someone will get the ball rolling to get these leaflets sent back where they came from en masse!

Re: Public funds for propaganda

Have received my propaganda leaflet today and as expected tells me absolutely nothing but a lot of contradictory statements. It will be in the post this afternoon to Prime Ministers Office in Downing Street! Have also emailed my MP to complain about waste of tax payers money.