Postal Services

Harold Bastow Harold Bastow

Postal Services

A recorded item that was posted on the 30th of April from Bradford is still being processed on the 5th of May.Destination Bradford.A local delivery.What kind of postal services do they call that
johnc_9 johnc_9

Re: Postal Services

The Royal Mail, where a first class delivery is not classed as lost unless 15 working days has passed (ie 21 days including weekends!)

Such marvelous value for money and they wonder why no one writes letters any more!
Jenlo Jenlo

Re: Postal Services

I paid the £6.25 special delivery not so long ago.
It took longer than a second class stamp.
The Royal Mail have complained for years that they are losing money.
However with the onset of Ebay they fail to report they have made £billions.

Wasn't there a programme on tv a few years ago about how the postal workers were paid overtime for doing their normal hours.

I used to work for a company that was two buildings away from the sorting office.
We didn't receive our mail until after mid-day.
I ended up calling in for it in the morning as i was passing the building.

When was the last time anyone received mail on the door mat before they woke up?

On special days ie: Mothers Day, they always did a Sunday delivery.

Now you have to send any card a week before, just to make sure it gets there.

Re: Postal Services

Jenlo,

The postal service will see a dramatic down turn in public patronage as a result of the increase in charges, this may please the Government as it will reduce the corporate value of the business making it more of a bargain for full privatisation and foreign entrepreneurs will snap it up.

Nothing changes without a reason!
nigelkembrey nigelkembrey

Re: Postal Services

I no longer use Royal Mail, Hermes are cheaper.
I have the suspicion Royal Mail are not interested in parcels, but want to profit from the monopoly on normal mail, as John pointed out, this could be a prelude to privatisation.