Quantcast

Pensioner's V Prisoners

William Kelly William Kelly

Pensioner's V Prisoners

Dear Prime Minister,

Let's put the pensioners in jail and the criminals in a nursing home. This way
the pensioners would have access to showers, pastimes and walks. They'd receive
unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc
and they'd receive money instead of paying it out. They would have constant
video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly if they fell, or needed
assistance.

Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and
returned to them. A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring
their meals and snacks to their cell.

They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose. They would
have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counselling, pool and
education.

Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free, on
request. Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise area, with
gardens. Each pensioner could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls.

There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would
have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.

The "criminals" would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised for long periods.
Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week. They would live in a tiny room and pay
£1200.00 per month for the privilege with no hope of ever getting out.

We would appreciate your response quickly please, Prime Minster, time is not on our side.
june june

Re: Pensioner's V Prisoners

 good for you,  couldn't have put it better myself,    if that is what prison is like crime does pay !! think I'll go out and vandalise a car or kick a policeman,   but being 78 I'd probably be told togo home and behave myself,   I despair of what this country is becoming!S75VH

Re: Pensioner's V Prisoners

Absolutely spot on William.  Exactly my own words to social services when my family were
trying to arrange care for my mother who had dementia. There would have been more services
available to her had she been in prison.

And what about their Human Rights? It appears that once you reach retirement age you have outlived any rights you may have had. The standard of both accommodation and of care is appalling in many of these homes and they are still having to sell their own properties to pay for the privilege.

Animals in care are treated better than many of the elderly especially so when they have no family to fight their corner for them.

So much for this fair society!