Quantcast

Obama's a flipping genius!

This post was updated on .
By supporting Iran with strict limitations over the nuclear deal, in one fell swoop he is asserting America's place as the lead player in International relations!

I'm a good chess player; but this guy is a flipping grandmaster! Look at the list of ensuing benefits below for bringing the World's second largest oil producer out from the cold.

1. supremacy of the US dollar, and the possibility of averting a world depression of gigantic proportions with pressure on China to get their act together fast
2. a clear message to ISIS and all religious bigots that there is no hiding place
3. a clear message to Netanyahu to look for another job
4. a clear message to Putin reciprocated
5. a clear message to Saudi Arabia that all followers of Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda are marked men
6. following from this Saudis have a choice - to side with the USA, Britain, the Commonwealth, France, Germany, the EU and NATO or face annihilation as a serious World player!
7. ISIS in Syria too has been given a clear message and that conflict can also cease with the right pressure from Saudi Arabia and the Arab republics.
8. Obama's moves seem sure to attract a lot of Democrats behind Hillary Clinton, and maybe like Labour in the UK hasten the extinction of the Republican Tea Party and with it the gun lobby in the USA
9. Obama on all these counts deserves another Nobel prize for peace and unity on our fragile planet Earth
10. Countries like Greece can have a chance to get their houses in order as the threat of conflict with Russia recedes
11. a clear message to all separatists (including Nicola Sturgeon! and her bunch of irresponsibles) that in unity lies strength
12. a clear message to Cameron, May, Duncan Smith and Co to show a bit of fairness and humanity and "the mettle of your pasture" to quote Henry V!

What a man! A good man. A rare gem and a World leader everyone can respect.

That takes some beating!

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

David,

I am not sure it's the wisest of moves by Obama to lift sanctions on Iran which will allow multi billions of dollar's to flood into Iran's treasury, which will fund Iran's terror machine against Iran's sworn enemy's which happen to include the U.S and the UK as,well as European countries and Israel........

The lifting of sanctions is tantamount to us funding Iran's war machine to in turn fight ourselves.........

Tad dangerous, Tad irresponsible, Tad Stupid!!

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

Here we go again! Remember the Iran Iraq war! Who supported Saddam and Iraq? George Bush Senior, Cheney! It's all very Orwellian don't you think?

In my book, this is a story of warring Arab states, as it has been for an eternity! one is as bad as the other as far as I'm concerned. It's all about power and Allah! So given that rather obvious fact, we would do well to support the powers united against ISIS including Russia! Common ground is what it is all about in my book, and I don't regard Obama as stupid.

At least, this has to prompt the UAE to intervene in Syria and North Africa, (Tunisia and Libya, in particular) against ISIS would you not say? The wholesale indiscriminate murder of innocent people including Christians is an abomination to the entire world, including most ordinary Iranians or any humans with a conscience, for that matter.

As for Britain's involvement, why stoke the fires? Let Obama's quiet diplomacy win the day, I say. He is far more respected in that part of the world than Bush or Blair ever were. Money talks. And right now US$ is king. We have to learn that in our increasingly dangerous world, wars are pure folly, and we need to find a way to make them a thing of the past if we care for our preservation! Tough learning curve, I know, because I used to be a military man too! We have to somehow change the rules before it's too late - I'm no longer sure we can!

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

David A

I completely agree, diplomacy is the best policy, but always backed by an iron fist, on its own diplomacy is powerless when faced with an aggressive military force bent on expanding its sphere of influence, such as ISIL or a manipulative power like the Russian republic lead by Putin that is aggressively attempting to rebuild by covert force the structure of the old Warsaw pact nations that border Russia!

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

Isn't it strange how Obama is loved outside America  but it seems his own countrymen can’t stand the sight of him.

Did you know that........

Barack Obama was voted the most unpopular US President since WWII.

Obama was more unpopular than George W. Bush and even Nixon who was the only president to resign over Watergate

The reality is his policies have failed to kick start the American economy.

Obama’s failure to tackle US economic woes

America’s economy remains sluggish despite Obama’s best efforts to fix it.

Failure to grow the economy make many Americans anxious with fears of another recession and that his big spending interventionist policies had clearly failed.

Obamacare

Universal health care also hadn’t sat well with many Americans it was as well received in the US as the carbon tax was.

US failing to assert leadership during a crisis

While many Americans didn’t necessarily want to become involved in major wars, Obama had failed to show any strong leadership during the Ukraine crisis and his inertia over Syrian and the Middle East issues frustrated many.

Opposition in congress

The Tea Party and Republicans remained strongly opposed to many of the president’s policies and he faced a constant battle trying to run the country with a hostile opposition.

Obama had raised expectations too high

When the Obama was elected he set about distancing himself from George W Bush.

Obama had raised expectations so high with his "Yes We Can" approach that many Americans were left disappointed when things went wrong.

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

This post was updated on .
You know, Peter, the older I become (I was 69 yesterday!) the more I am convinced that there has to be some sort of divine plan. I should have died when my temperature reached 106.1 with raging malaria when I was ten years old in Tanzania, but something in me resisted shutting up shop! So with Obama, rather like Henry V in my book, (which I am producing later this year), who also survived at Agincourt against monumentally impossible odds, thanks to the good old English weather sweeping across Picardy three solid weeks prior, and despite his forces reduced to a quarter of the original, thanks to sweeping dysentery among his troops, he was permitted to proceed to Calais unhindered by showing that a tiny loyal force with nothing to lose was equal to, and indeed superior to a vastly superior French force albeit with no apparent chain of command, and 5 years on he proved the futility of the entire conflict by marrying the daughter of the king of France and cementing union between the two countries in that much more civilised manner, only to prompt his own demise a year and a half later thanks again to dysentery, on another one of his campaigns! there's a message in all this. Just as my play will only be successful thanks to the reliability or otherwise of my cast, the same can be said of Obama, who bravely confronts those aspects of American life which fly in the face of Abe Lincoln and George Washington both advocates of the land of the free regardless of race, colour or creed under God! Just because the man is unpopular in his own country, does not mean he isn't right or has right on his side. It rather says a lot about the sickness and greed viral in American society today. As Democritus and Socrates are reputed to have said, attitude in life is everything. Confucius said much the same thing.

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

David,

I am glad you are a survivor and still around to tell your story.......

I agree wholeheartedly with your above comment copied below.....

"Just because the man is unpopular in his own country, does not mean he isn't right or has right on his side. It rather says a lot about the sickness and greed viral in American society today."

You will have to keep us informed of you up coming book.
Peter C
wonderhorse wonderhorse

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

I agree with David and John - it takes courage and forsight to do what Obama has done. I think he has so much more going for him than George Bush or his son, Reagan and Nixon. Those four men were warmongers, zenophobes and really rather thick - all run from behind the scenes by ambitious men with money making opportunies on their agendas rather than peace. Imagine having another Bush - Jeb - is he as thick as his brother? I fear Iran a lot less than the far right in the US. America has started more wars and interfered in other sovereign countries more than any other since the 2nd world war - it is they who we should fear!

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

This post was updated on .
Wonderhorse,

I agree with much that David, John K and yourself have said......

However, I stand by.........

The lifting of Sanction's on Iran is

Tad dangerous, Tad irresponsible, Tad Stupid!!

The lifting of sanctions is tantamount to us funding Iran's war machine which may in turn be used to fight ourselves and allies.
Iran has openly said they will fund their war against the west.

the recently reached nuclear deal my fear is that sanctions relief will help Iran increasingly fund terror groups like Hezbollah, Hamas, and Islamic Jihad, Credit Abed Rahim Khatib/Flash 90.

There will be little way of financial pressure that the U.S. and its allies will have after the implementation of the deal and there is no way to assure the public that Iran will not spend that money on terrorism or destabilizing the region! (Even further than it already is)

The Central Bank of Iran will be delisted so the channels for moving those funds to dangerous actors will be cleared!!

Iran is not trustworthy enough to abide by the deal, the lifting of sanctions will allow billions of dollars to flow toward Iran’s terror and war machine that threatens not only Israel but the entire world.

Most likely the military will get most of this money.
In the Iranian budget as we speak, about 34 percent of it goes to the Revolutionary Guards and others in the military. And then the rest will go to social programs, economic programs, and so on.......
While Obama praised the UK 2% of GDP contribution its nothing in comparison to the money that will be made available to Iran

Time will tell if the Obama administration was right or wrong!!

I sincerely hope my fears are unfounded!!

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

P.S

Just to say.....

I fear America just as much, I believe the were at the very least complicit in allowing the events on 9/11 to take place if not orchestrated the events themselves as a means to fight their illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.......

Most off the would be bombers were Saudi yet the invaded Iraq!

Anyone interested in finding out more take a look for the freely available Loose Change documentary on the 9/11 events!!

To say its an eye opener on the American agenda would be an understatement!!
Peter C
wonderhorse wonderhorse

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

I find your remark about de-stabilzing the region strange - it is already destabilzed!
Blair and Bush made sure of that! ISIL has taken full advantage of the interventions in Iraq and Libya by the west and will continue to try to make ground further into the middle east with the help of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and UAE - and these countries are supposed to be our allies - they are some of the most dangerous countries - completely untrustworthy and with endless amounts of money so ready to fund their Sunni cousins in ISIL - Iran standing by as Shi-ites. I am wondering who will get into the struggle next especially since Turkey is bombing areas in Syria - although it seems that they are more likely to try to destroy the Kurds whilst using ISIL as an excuse to bash the Kurds who they have always wanted to destroy with the PKK being a thorn in their side. I suspect that the US and West want Iran to enter the struggle and then abandon the area leaving the innocent to their fate!
adminukpolitics adminukpolitics

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

I think most conflicts of the future will be financial. Putin has annexed crimea but he is looking for a face saving climb down as the financial sanctions are beginning to bite.
the Iran deal is a great coup for Obama. It should be noted that Kennedy insisted on the same inspections on Israeli nuclear facility at Dimona. Two months later he was dead. The fact is that the US economy needs a stimulus and cheap oil is one way to
put money back in the population's pocket. The sanction ravaged iranian economy
also needed this deal. america has come to understand that it is better to do deals
where your enemy has a central authority i.e.. Iran rather than trying to fight an ideology without any central authority e.g. ISIS
Implied in the deal is that Iran will continue to denominate their gas and oil in USD.
Is Obama a genius? Well I can't imagine it being easy being a black president especially when certain sectors talk down to him…. but he has always kept his cool
and ironically he has converted the lame duck phase of his presidency into a most productive swan song. This would suggest that his failings are largely down to the corporate capture of the senate and congress. Question is why aren't we producing
such high calibre candidates for PM?!

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

Wonderhorse,

I have amended my comment to.......

Destabilising the region "even further than it already is".

Which is what i meant to say........

I don't doubt what you say but it does not dismissed the threat from an Iran for all the reasons I put forward in my above post!

I particular agree with your comment below.....

"I suspect that the US and West want Iran to enter the struggle and then abandon the area leaving the innocent to their fate!"

It is the greatest ploy to Divide & Conquer......

Divide to factions in these Arab state's and have them fight between themselves and they will be to busy fighting one and other to be bothered with us........

The dangers is what or who will triumph and will they  then turn their attention once again to the West........

Buying time is all that can be achieved!