Obama's a flipping genius!

This post was updated on .
By supporting Iran with strict limitations over the nuclear deal, in one fell swoop he is asserting America's place as the lead player in International relations!

I'm a good chess player; but this guy is a flipping grandmaster! Look at the list of ensuing benefits below for bringing the World's second largest oil producer out from the cold.

1. supremacy of the US dollar, and the possibility of averting a world depression of gigantic proportions with pressure on China to get their act together fast
2. a clear message to ISIS and all religious bigots that there is no hiding place
3. a clear message to Netanyahu to look for another job
4. a clear message to Putin reciprocated
5. a clear message to Saudi Arabia that all followers of Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda are marked men
6. following from this Saudis have a choice - to side with the USA, Britain, the Commonwealth, France, Germany, the EU and NATO or face annihilation as a serious World player!
7. ISIS in Syria too has been given a clear message and that conflict can also cease with the right pressure from Saudi Arabia and the Arab republics.
8. Obama's moves seem sure to attract a lot of Democrats behind Hillary Clinton, and maybe like Labour in the UK hasten the extinction of the Republican Tea Party and with it the gun lobby in the USA
9. Obama on all these counts deserves another Nobel prize for peace and unity on our fragile planet Earth
10. Countries like Greece can have a chance to get their houses in order as the threat of conflict with Russia recedes
11. a clear message to all separatists (including Nicola Sturgeon! and her bunch of irresponsibles) that in unity lies strength
12. a clear message to Cameron, May, Duncan Smith and Co to show a bit of fairness and humanity and "the mettle of your pasture" to quote Henry V!

What a man! A good man. A rare gem and a World leader everyone can respect.

That takes some beating!

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

Here we go again! Remember the Iran Iraq war! Who supported Saddam and Iraq? George Bush Senior, Cheney! It's all very Orwellian don't you think?

In my book, this is a story of warring Arab states, as it has been for an eternity! one is as bad as the other as far as I'm concerned. It's all about power and Allah! So given that rather obvious fact, we would do well to support the powers united against ISIS including Russia! Common ground is what it is all about in my book, and I don't regard Obama as stupid.

At least, this has to prompt the UAE to intervene in Syria and North Africa, (Tunisia and Libya, in particular) against ISIS would you not say? The wholesale indiscriminate murder of innocent people including Christians is an abomination to the entire world, including most ordinary Iranians or any humans with a conscience, for that matter.

As for Britain's involvement, why stoke the fires? Let Obama's quiet diplomacy win the day, I say. He is far more respected in that part of the world than Bush or Blair ever were. Money talks. And right now US$ is king. We have to learn that in our increasingly dangerous world, wars are pure folly, and we need to find a way to make them a thing of the past if we care for our preservation! Tough learning curve, I know, because I used to be a military man too! We have to somehow change the rules before it's too late - I'm no longer sure we can!

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

David A

I completely agree, diplomacy is the best policy, but always backed by an iron fist, on its own diplomacy is powerless when faced with an aggressive military force bent on expanding its sphere of influence, such as ISIL or a manipulative power like the Russian republic lead by Putin that is aggressively attempting to rebuild by covert force the structure of the old Warsaw pact nations that border Russia!

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

This post was updated on .
You know, Peter, the older I become (I was 69 yesterday!) the more I am convinced that there has to be some sort of divine plan. I should have died when my temperature reached 106.1 with raging malaria when I was ten years old in Tanzania, but something in me resisted shutting up shop! So with Obama, rather like Henry V in my book, (which I am producing later this year), who also survived at Agincourt against monumentally impossible odds, thanks to the good old English weather sweeping across Picardy three solid weeks prior, and despite his forces reduced to a quarter of the original, thanks to sweeping dysentery among his troops, he was permitted to proceed to Calais unhindered by showing that a tiny loyal force with nothing to lose was equal to, and indeed superior to a vastly superior French force albeit with no apparent chain of command, and 5 years on he proved the futility of the entire conflict by marrying the daughter of the king of France and cementing union between the two countries in that much more civilised manner, only to prompt his own demise a year and a half later thanks again to dysentery, on another one of his campaigns! there's a message in all this. Just as my play will only be successful thanks to the reliability or otherwise of my cast, the same can be said of Obama, who bravely confronts those aspects of American life which fly in the face of Abe Lincoln and George Washington both advocates of the land of the free regardless of race, colour or creed under God! Just because the man is unpopular in his own country, does not mean he isn't right or has right on his side. It rather says a lot about the sickness and greed viral in American society today. As Democritus and Socrates are reputed to have said, attitude in life is everything. Confucius said much the same thing.

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

wonderhorse wonderhorse

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

I agree with David and John - it takes courage and forsight to do what Obama has done. I think he has so much more going for him than George Bush or his son, Reagan and Nixon. Those four men were warmongers, zenophobes and really rather thick - all run from behind the scenes by ambitious men with money making opportunies on their agendas rather than peace. Imagine having another Bush - Jeb - is he as thick as his brother? I fear Iran a lot less than the far right in the US. America has started more wars and interfered in other sovereign countries more than any other since the 2nd world war - it is they who we should fear!

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

wonderhorse wonderhorse

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

I find your remark about de-stabilzing the region strange - it is already destabilzed!
Blair and Bush made sure of that! ISIL has taken full advantage of the interventions in Iraq and Libya by the west and will continue to try to make ground further into the middle east with the help of Saudi Arabia, Qatar and UAE - and these countries are supposed to be our allies - they are some of the most dangerous countries - completely untrustworthy and with endless amounts of money so ready to fund their Sunni cousins in ISIL - Iran standing by as Shi-ites. I am wondering who will get into the struggle next especially since Turkey is bombing areas in Syria - although it seems that they are more likely to try to destroy the Kurds whilst using ISIL as an excuse to bash the Kurds who they have always wanted to destroy with the PKK being a thorn in their side. I suspect that the US and West want Iran to enter the struggle and then abandon the area leaving the innocent to their fate!
adminukpolitics adminukpolitics

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!

I think most conflicts of the future will be financial. Putin has annexed crimea but he is looking for a face saving climb down as the financial sanctions are beginning to bite.
the Iran deal is a great coup for Obama. It should be noted that Kennedy insisted on the same inspections on Israeli nuclear facility at Dimona. Two months later he was dead. The fact is that the US economy needs a stimulus and cheap oil is one way to
put money back in the population's pocket. The sanction ravaged iranian economy
also needed this deal. america has come to understand that it is better to do deals
where your enemy has a central authority i.e.. Iran rather than trying to fight an ideology without any central authority e.g. ISIS
Implied in the deal is that Iran will continue to denominate their gas and oil in USD.
Is Obama a genius? Well I can't imagine it being easy being a black president especially when certain sectors talk down to him…. but he has always kept his cool
and ironically he has converted the lame duck phase of his presidency into a most productive swan song. This would suggest that his failings are largely down to the corporate capture of the senate and congress. Question is why aren't we producing
such high calibre candidates for PM?!

Re: Obama's a flipping genius!