Not Voting

Andy Wild Andy Wild

Not Voting

Hi Mr Cameron.
Having been a Conservative voter since I was 18 (now 57), I now feel unable to vote in any elections.
My reasons being, a feeling of disapointment with ALL political UK parties.
It seems a constant blame, blame, blame the former, then crusify the working man, for their(Gov) failings.
Why is it still the case of the rich get richer and those not so fortunate get totally stuffed.
How can sports men (footballers) be paid rediculus salaries for playing a game, and real people(nurses,doctors,firemen,police) get knocked in every direction, along with the basic working person.
Why do we constantly subsidise illegal immigrants, who give absolutly nothing to the uk economy.
These I feel are the questions that most people (the voters) are asking.
When will ANY UK GOVERMENT get into the real world, and listen to the real British Voters.
I am not racist or bitter, just sick of being battered for trying to achive a decent life for my family.
Maybe we should follow the lead of other countries, and rebel against poor leaders (I wonder if the Arab nations would send troops to the UK to help???).

No appologies for airing my Views.

Mr Wild.
fiferalfa2 fiferalfa2

Re: Not Voting

Hi andy
             we will never get a government like you would wish because they are all to bothered about themselves or upsetting their rich friends and i mean both parties we do need someone who would help the people of this country and as for footballers and the like getting paid what they do the club owners are to blame they got a nice bonus with tax reduction in the budget also while parliamentary parties rely on their rich friends for funding and also the unions we will never have a decent government

Re: Not Voting

Andy Wild,
I totally agree with your comments, the political status quo are totally devorced from the views of the British people and the aims of this disfunctional political elite are juxtaposed to the benefit of the ordinary man and woman in Great Britain.

However I must disagree with your intention to withold your mandate to vote, there is an alternative to the major parties, The United Kingdom Independence Party which contrary to the negative propoganda put out by the BIG THREE, UKIP is not just a one policy party they stand for:

"These are anxious and troubled times. As crisis has followed crisis our politicians are seen to be impotent in the face of the dangers rearing up all around us.

Violent crime erupts in our cities. Jobs are lost and services failing under a tide of immigration, pensions have been crippled and cash savings yield almost nothing.

Millions are now without adequate means of existence. Fear of old age darkens the future. Parliament is held in contempt. Our currency has collapsed by 30%.  Chaos engulfs Europe’s very financial existence and, here at home, taxation now bears down on those least able to pay whilst Britain goes ever deeper into deficit.

A gulf has opened between the ruling elite and the public. Each of the establishment main parties are now Social Democrats and offer voters no real choice.

UKIP alone holds that the rescue of the British people depends on withdrawal from the EU to regain our self-governing democracy so allowing the relief of business from crushing regulation and the less well off from the burden of taxes, shutting off the flood of immigrants and freeing enterprise.

1 Restore Self Government & Democracy

• Commissioners in Brussels dictate 75% of our laws.  None can be repealed by Parliament.  We cannot vote for those who make these laws – we cannot remove them.

• EU controls Immigration, Business and Employment, Financial Services, Fishing, Farming, Law and Order, Energy and Trade. It seeks now to control Foreign Affairs and Tax.

• The British people must decide through an immediate referendum if we stay in the EU or to come out and claw back independent power over our national life. We do not have to be ruled by this regime to work with our European neighbours who depend on us for their markets.

• Abolish the EU’s bureaucratic VAT and replace it with a local sales tax to support Local Government finance and to make it
accountable at the ballot box.

• Give the public power to require binding local and national referenda on major issues.

2 Rebuild Prosperity

• By leaving the EU we save over £45m a day plus £60bn a year due to EU trade barriers, business regulation, waste, fraud,
administration costs and the destruction of our fishing industry.

• According to Open Europe EU business regulations cost over £20bn a year.  Abolish those determined not essential by a
commission appointed by Parliament.

• Take 4.5 million of low incomes out of tax altogether with a simple, flat rate income tax. With a threshold set at minimum wage.

• Financial services yield £61bn in tax revenues or 12% of the UK total. Exclude the City from EU controls.

• UK national debt is to reach over £1.4 trillion by the end of the parliament. This is unacceptable.

• UK national debt will exceed £1.4 trillion by the end of this Parliament by which time Osborne’s cuts will not even equal our EU contributions.  Public spending is increasing and the Coalition’s cuts do not scratch the surface of Labour’s deficit. We must cut down Government if we are to return to a sound economy.

• EU ‘renewable’ energy rules will double electricity bills by 2020. Global warming is not proven - wind power is futile. Scrap all green taxes, wind turbine subsidies and adopt nuclear power to free us from dependence on fossil fuels and foreign oil and gas.

• Quangos cost us £60bn each year – at least half the cost of the NHS.  Bring them under Parliament’s control and cut the cost substantially.

• Cut taxes on small businesses and abolish the tax on work – Employers’ National Insurance.

• Make real and rigorous cuts in foreign aid and replace with free trade.

3 Protect Our Borders & Defend Our Country

• The tide of mass EU immigration has pushed down wages and restricted job opportunities.  Only by leaving the EU can we regain control of our borders.

• Freeze permanent immigration for 5 years. Immigrants must be fluent in English, have minimum education levels and show they can financially support themselves.

• Bring in a points based visa system and time limited work permits.

• The State must defend its peoples. Keep our nuclear deterrent and make increased defence spending a clear priority, even in these difficult times, to underpin Britain’s global role.

4 Safeguards Against Crime

• No cuts to front line policing

• Make sentences mean what they say – life must mean life.

• Double prison places to enforce zero tolerance on crime.

• Establish locally elected County Police Boards to set policing aims approved by
voters.

• Scrap the European Arrest Warrant.

• Repeal the Human Rights Act to end abuses by convicted criminals and illegal immigrants.

• Free the police force from the straitjacket of political correctness and ‘targets’.

5 Care And Support For All

• Assure for all people prompt and caring treatment in ill health.

• Radically simplify NHS management and set up locally elected County Health Boards.

• Launch partnerships with the private and charity sectors to increase efficiency and choice and bring in health care vouchers for those who wish to opt out of the NHS.

• Give parents school vouchers to allow them to choose their children’s schools.

• Support grammar schools and vocational education.

• End the 50% university target for school leavers , scrap tuition fees and reintroduce student grants.

• Roll all State pensions and benefits into a simple, substantial Citizen’s Pension.

• Ensure that benefits are only for those who have lived here for over 5 years. Make welfare a safety net for the needy, not a bed for the lazy.

6 Our Way Of Life

• Our traditional values have been undermined.  Children are taught to be ashamed of our past.  Multiculturalism has split our society.  Political correctness is stifling free speech.

• The law of the land must be single and apply to us all.  We oppose any other system of law.

• End the ban on smoking in allocated rooms in public houses, clubs and hotels.

• Hold County wide referenda on the hunting ban.

UKIP is a patriotic party that believes in putting Britain first. To shore up the collapsing Euro the EU is now seeking to pull away the props of our national economy - control of taxation and spending.  Only UKIP will give the power to the British people to regain self-government."

So Andy please think again, do your own research make up your own mind but please use your vote without which you can never make a difference.

Re: Not Voting

Re: Not Voting

 Peter C

Hi Peter, I'm afraid I have been absent recently, I cleverly managed to smash my face on the kitchen floor doing considerable damage to my good looks Ha, Ha,

So how have you been then, keeping well I hope!

Re: Not Voting

johnc_9 johnc_9

Re: Not Voting

I understand Andy when he decides not to vote. I attended my local polling station yesterday with the intention of voting for a candidate best suited as long as they weren't one of the 3 mainstream wastes of space.

Imagine how disheartened I was to find the ONLY choices were from mainstream parties. I had no alternative other than to spoil my vote which is very disheartening. To add insult to injury Labour held control over the local council, which considering how bad they are at doing it is a surprise!

Re: Not Voting

Andy Wild Andy Wild

Re: Not Voting

Thanks for your constructive reply.
Harold Bastow Harold Bastow

Re: Not Voting

If you dont use your vote as many dont already,you leave the door open for the immigrants who do vote in mass,legally or not legally.You must out vote those people,or you loose your country.We already have seen successes by these people.Being a democractic country,we cannot reverse any election results that we dont like,like it or not like it.Vote for Donald Duck if you have too,but remember to vote.
nigelkembrey nigelkembrey

Re: Not Voting

Andy, I feel exactly the same as you. I dont want to vote.
The problem is I may be forced to vote simply because the country cannot withstand another term of labour.