NHS rationing rears its ugly head again!

johnc_9 johnc_9

NHS rationing rears its ugly head again!

Apparently, as has been reported in the papers, 54% of doctors are in favour of withholding NHS services to people who are smokers and/or obese due to the 'need' to save £20 billion over the next few years.

Here is an alternative suggestion. Don't pay senior doctors and NHS managers (clinical & non-clinical) monopoly money pay packets. Reduce the number of NHS managers to equal the number of in service available NHS beds. Employ enough staff to fill the rosters instead of a bare minimum which, when employees go sick or heaven forbid, have leave, require 'bank' staff (temps to normal folks) be employed at twice the cost of employing full time staff. The other point they seem to mis is that without the tax paid by smokers/eaters/drinkers there wouldn't be enough raised to have a NHS service.

These health service professionals, or 'muppets' forget that we, the taxpayer, employ them. They are paid to take care of our health when and if we need them, not for them to say 'no, not going to see you today as you obviously had a macd*****s fatburger last night with your 200 cigarettes & 4 litres of vodka'. Luckily the other 46% who bothered with this survey had the sense to disagree, or do they come into the 'obese and/or smoker' category?

I realise that doctors spend a lot of time getting educated to be able to do a highly skilled job that they continually 'practice' but I still don't see the justification of paying ANY public servant at whatever level and in whatever profession more than 10 times the minimum wage. This means if they want monopoly money wages then the minimum wage needs lifting lots higher. By the way w, oops, sorry bankers are you reading this too!

Re: NHS rationing rears its ugly head again!

Rationing Health Services for smokers and the obese which may well constitute a breach of contract by the NHS which is a part of Government since those who have paid into the NI system and have never been informed in advance that services could be witheld because of their medical conditions do not comply with some latter day changing of the goal posts by the NHS.

Perhaps it might prove more effective to restrict the tobacco companies from producing cigarettes with harmful levels of tar and nicotene for sale in the UK and restricting the ever growing numbers of commercial outlets that profer toxic waste in the guise of cheap fast food, these would include Kebab shops, Chinese and Indian take aways, McDonalds, BurgerKing,KFC and PizzaHut all of whose products contain high levels of saturated fats and high levels of salt and sugar which are used as addictive components especially for young children.
Harold Bastow Harold Bastow

Re: NHS rationing rears its ugly head again!

Another way is to cut out immigration,as it is obvious that thier first port of call after the benefits office,and the doctors is the hospital with complaints that could not be dealt with in thier homeland. I am not racial,but do see that we cannot carry on giving our services to all the world.We would not recieve the same help if we were abroad.