Motability benefits and use of vehicles

ice cool ice cool

Motability benefits and use of vehicles

Can you tell me why when someone receives dissability benefit and is allocated a car, with tax, insurance and breakdown paid for. Then think it is OK for them to lend it to a member of their family as their car is off the road, then proceeds to walk everywere, including the gym and shopping, at tax payers expense. Thats were benefits should be checked regularly. One mobility car is hired out to the son so he can use it every day,he even pays the father money for borrowing it,Tut Tut, are we workers the laughing stock!!!!!!
DEBS DEBS

Re: Motability benefits and use of vehicles

YOU SHOULD WORRY !!!

try going to a medical when you are genuinely claiming sick ......just the credits not the dla or extras you get with this ??
.......Then you talk to a guy who has a beer in his hand ...ohhh and he is on valium too at ten in the morning ,, oh and he points out his very own dla car to boot that he has driven !!and i quote his words well my mum died when i was 8 and i have bad legs so i just get a can  to come with and they let me off , so drink driving is being encouraged too !!!!

They are targeting the wrong individuals ,,, awww but we can victimise genuine people but not if you drink or take drugs ?? IT IS SO WRONG !!!!!!!!!

BUT I AM NOT MANIPULATIVE ENOUGH TO PLAY THE SYSTEM I TOLD THE TRUTH !!!
nf1 nf1

Re: Motability benefits and use of vehicles

I have a neurological disability and a phyical disability that are conected, my left let in almost 4 inches shorter that my right leg i wear a leg brace raised shoes and walk with sticks, at this moment in time i am the only adult in the world being treated for this bone problem normal you either have your leg amputated as a child or you grow out of it.

Also dna test have shown my genetic condition is unidentified meaning no doctor can tell me what is going to happen to my health, i have had medicals by these benefit doctors and not 1 new my condition 1 almost broke my leg trying to force my foot into a position it could not as i have had no ankle joint since i was 7, i can not go out if to warm my leg swells, if its to wet in case a fall and if it snows i can be house bound for weeks, i can not stand ion public transport, or be on my feet for more that 10min in an hour.

But as not many doctors have seen a patient like me i am going to lose my benefits then my home because of this goverment, i was born this way and its not my fault i can not work, i  my husband on a low wage but we pay our way rent council tax its just i need my benefits to make life easier.

Most of the gps doing these assesments will never have treated anyone like me i have only met 4 doctors who Know my condition and they have all treated me.

FED UP
DISABLED PERSON
treborc treborc

Re: Motability benefits and use of vehicles

I know somebody, funny how you lot always knows somebody who does this or that, then report them, mind you since a motability car is actually paid for by the disabled person, the car tax and insurance is part of the £50 a week we pay.

The sad part with people who say ah yes but his brother drives it or his son drives it, well yes it's a normal car as for paying for it, well my son borrows mine, well not exactly borrows he is the driver the named second driver.

I've no legs so for me the car as hand controls, yes no legs you can still drive, shocking as that sounds.

some people on here need to get a life.

But you can have cancer, HIV, ME, we have lots of medical problems with no signs of disability they are called hidden.