More European Union

12345678 ... 32
eyeswideopen eyeswideopen

Re: More European Union

WHAT AN IDIOT ITS BECAUSE WE ARE NOT IN EUROPE THAT WE HAVE NO RIGHTS AND WE PAY FOR IT
MICK MICK

Re: europian union

WE DONT NEED THE EU THERE IS 65 MILLION PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY IF THE PRICES WHERE RIGHT THE ECONOMY WOULD THRIVE

Re: europian union

Dlyne Dlyne

Re: europian union

I don't understand why trying to fix the Human Rights act is deemed so poorly by the LibDems. It's not as if we would tear it up completely, along with the Geneva convention and go back to public floggings. I think the proposal it is not "sold" very well by the Tories and so everyone gets emotional about repealing it. We must be one of the best nations in the world for human rights so I think they should plainly lay out what they would do instead.....ie explain the proposed Bill of Rights.

Maybe they can just have a couple of extra lines at the bottom of the current one that say, if you kill anyone in this country or you are fanatically against us and hell bent on destroying our way of life, then you cannot expect to have the same full rights and you can be deported etc. etc.?

Re: europian union

D.Eccles D.Eccles

Re: More European Union

When David Cameron became leader of the Conservative Party, I thought we at last had a chance of
getting out from under the EU dictatorship, so I did everything I could to get him to Number Ten since
then.  Initially I could not understand why he hadn't got a majority. Now I suspect that there were too
many who judged him to be conning and once in power would go back on the important issues like
human rights law,immigration and most of all the EU. and they have been proved right and Cameron has
been proved to be a liar.  The first consideration of government I thought was protection of the realm and
the known terrorists and criminals are free on our streets, and Labour and now Conservatives are slicing
up the armed forces. Once upon a time the Navy would have gone for those kidnapped British citizens
and sunk the pirates.

The EU will not be satisfied with the original "Common Market" that was the original wedge that got
us by stealth into this mess. Our repatriation of a few powers will insult the EU, hence this latest
provocative move about instant benefits for immigrants, to let us know whose the boss......Certainly not
the leader of the LIBERAL Party, Mr David Cameron..... Dore

MARK HENRY HUGGINS MARK HENRY HUGGINS

Re: What is the point of voting.

Absolutley none! Ordinary working people are so fed up with politicians that it does not appear to matter what party are in power. At present poloicies are being influenced by a minority party that actually lost the election! The Lib Dems ,who are not of this planet.

David Cameron should go to any pub, gym, club, street or business and ask people who work for a living what they think of politicians and you will find they rate them below estate agents and secondhand car salesmen and maybe pimps.

What the majority of people would like to see from a strong leader of any government are the following

It would be to leave the E.U. or at least the political side and continue with a common market which is what most people were hoodwinked by Ted Heath into believing it would be.

Tighter control of immigration and stop paying benifits and legal aid to illigals and foreign criminals who should be extridited to the countries who have a warrent for them regardless of the human rights issue.

Make setting up camps by so called travellers without planning permission or on land they do not own a criminal offence as it is in Ireland.

Improve tax breaks for married couples with children where the wife is at home to raise them.

Restore child benifit for couples earning less than £40,000.00.

Make binge drinkers pay for hospital treatment caused by an excessive intake of alchohol.

Reduce the cost of fuel both for transport and heating.

Increase old age pension.

Encourage small manufacturing businesses and the skilled employees of those concerns with tax breaks. 15% tax rate for example.

No university fees for students reading engineering,maths and physics,science,medical,and economic degrees as those are the people we require not the history of pop or sport management,sociolgy etc etc. They can pay.

At present most people feel politicians ,particularly ministers, are not in parliament to represent them but to feather their own nests and those of their chums in big business. The expenses scandal brought this into the glare of the public gaze.

If a referendum on whether of not we stay in the E.U. is not forthcoming Mr Cameron may find he will not be elected again. It is time for him to be strong and ignore the Lib Dems as they have nowhere to go without the Tories as they have become more of a minority than ever.

da_Clare da_Clare

Re: More European Union

I am sick and tired of working my backside off only to have so much of taken by taxes. I wouldn't mind if the cuts, 'belt tightening' and 'we are in this together' applied to ALL people in all areas of the country. However or leaders will spout some hot air about the fact that they need a new car, desk must have bottled water.........

If i saw all the heads of the EU meeting in a plain room with plastic cups and cheep biscuits then maybe i'd start to believe them.

Lastly 'Question Time Bingo' anyone? Tick off all the tired phrases and 'key words' that in reality mean nothing?

Re: What is the point of voting.

derfledermause derfledermause

Re: More European Union

Please remember, WE NEVER VOTED FOR A FEDERAL EUROPE, we voted for "A Common market"  Nuff said..
Icarus Icarus

Re: More European Union

David Cameron is a closet Europhile. He celebrates his intention to repatriate
powers of governance of our country from Brussels, but it is his party and the labour party that have given away to the EU the sovereign powers to govern us in the first place and always without the permission of the British people. The EU grant then avoid David Cameron’s red lines and opt outs with ease.
Brussels ministers run rings around our PM and Home Office. There is no hope of him repatriating powers to the UK, the most likely outcome of those negotiations as usual is that we shall loose some more of our sovereign powers to the EU .
Now is the time for the the MPs to do the bidding of the British people.

Dlyne Dlyne

Re: More European Union

Peter C,

I agree. I don't know why our politicians are so scared of a referendum. They would be heroes and it would give them a manadate either way.

Up until recently I was of the opinion that was referendum was a good idea but not for an In/Out question. Although I have been slightly Euro Sceptic up to now I always believed that we needed to stay in for economic benefits.

However, the recent rhetoric from Brussels and Germany and the absolute disregard for democracy and sovereignty makes me worry. The EU was setup for peace and to remove tyranny and dictators from our midst and ensure they never returned. I too believe that the current EU is a form of faceless dictator, with total disregard for the individual democracies is pretends to represent.

I think we should all worry. Not one country has voted for Europe plc in a referendum (save Ireland being forced the second time) and they are only around 1.2m voting population. Maybe it is time to have an In/Out referendum and see if the people want this illegitimate treaty once and for all from a UK perspective? We may even vote Yes, but either way, we need to know what the British people want at this stage. It will only strengthen the EU as I am sure they will make us re-vote but at least we would be able to negotiate harder if we voted no as we are too important to the project.

Leosco Leosco

Re: More European Union

Germany unlike the other Euro-Zone partners has prospered from the Euro, why is that?
The answer lies in the fact that the value of the Euro is based on the average value of the Euro -Zone nations, since most of these nations have serious economic problems the value of the Euro has remained relatively low.
Low currency value means cheaper exports which in turn means an increase in GDP for those nations with a large production industry base such as Germany which can boast a booming automotive industry, a healthy engineering industry, and a world leading advanced electronics industry.

Europhiles claim that the UK is dependent upon the EU for much of its export market sales, however as the majority of this trade is always in deficit what are the benefits to the UK when compared to the net EU membership contribution British taxpayers make after of £10.8Billion p.a.?

The truth is that the EU and especially Germany is dependent on the UK a an essential market place for their export sales, in effect our EU membership is an unfair trading environment because our own exports which as a result of the higher value of Sterling cannot compete on an equal basis.

How is this unfair situation possible? it is only possible only through the medium of political treachery by the UK's highest ranking politicians(mostly devotees of the Fabian Society beliefs) such as Edward Heath, Harold Wilson, Margaret Thatcher, John Major, Tony Blair and now David Cameron all of whom have surrendered piecemeal the Sovereignty of the United Kindom in contravention of British constitutional law.

The EU and its single currency is collapsing, Ireland,Greece,Italy, Spain,Portugal and soon Belgium & Cyprus. The UK must devorce itself from this contagion, we must revoke the 1972 European Communities Act and rebuild our position as a world wide trading nation.
Dlyne Dlyne

Re: More European Union

I think you are on the right track,

We don't have the same manufacturing industry anymore and we are suffering from the regulation and financial burden of the EU. If the Euro collapses, then many banks will likely collapse that are not sufficiently capitalised or who have hedged their exposure with currency swaps that might not withstand the emergence of the Drachma and Lira again, and we will all suffer to some degree. The UK would likely be damaged but not as bad as most and we would recover quickly and could make real changes to boost the economy. New Europe would still deal with us as well as the rest of the world and we could make the UK a real haven for investment

New Europe should be a much smaller integrated set of core neighbouring countries (France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Benelux etc.) and let the other countries join only if they meet the requirements at some future stage. The EU Juggernaut is out of control and to think that integrating all 27 of these different economies, cultures and currencies was ever going to work was a fantasy.

I think we will all get on better if this wasteful, undemocratic and frankly dangerous collection of unelected, crazy and righteous politicians did not have their noses in everyone's troughs! They really believe they know best and as one of the main articles mentioned, "what a bizarre time in history to abandon representative government?" We have all strived for 100's and 100's of years to bring about democracy and the rule of law etc, and I think on principle we should get out of this before we all get swallowed up. The Germans are finally showing their colours and I think the UK should call their bluff and renegotiate the treaty or give us a referendum to decide!!

Leosco Leosco

Re: More European Union

The EU fixation with climate change is costing every motorist in the UK totally unnecessary expenditure, the false claims that the climate is heating up as a result of Anthropogenic activity means that all who drive will when to need a new car have to buy one that is Euro 5 compliant this adds up to £2000 to the vehicle price compared to the same model sold in a country outside of the EU where such technology is not a legal requirement.
Every person in the UK is subsidising wind farms to the tune of £90 p.a. for a technology that do'es not work! Wind farms return an efficiency quotient of 14-16% because wind power is variable. but again this is an approved EU Green energy project.

EU legislative red tape is costing British industry billions and this added expense is costing jobs which adds to public expenditure.
EU law (European Convention on Human Rights) means that the UK cannot deport foreign criminals in case it infringes their human rights, so the cost of keeping them in prison(£2-3000 per week) is borne by the UK taxpayer.
All this is in addition to the £51,000,000 the UK pays to the EU every day.

The world must pity the stupid British as the biggest fools of the modern era.
Leosco Leosco

Re: europian union

Currently the UK exports 40% of our produce to the EU that is true, however this 40% is perennially running at a deficit. Contrast that with the fact that our trade with the rest of the world is always in a surplus.
Germany, France & Italy depend on the UK market place to sell their cars, electronics services, white goods, wines and foods. There are more jobs dependent on the UK in these EU nations than UK jobs dependent on trade with the EU. Not exactly a level playing field.
The other 26 EU nations only represent a market place of roughly 330,000,000 people, while the global market place has a population of 7,000.000,000 potential customers, where do you think the greatest business opportunities exist?
The European Commission has ordered the UK benefits agency under threat of European Court action to remove the proof of residency criteria from benefit application thus opening the gates to fraudulent claims by foreigners who have never and will never pay into the benefits system.
In 2012 a new Treaty will be signed by the 17 strong Euro zone nations effectively assuring them of majority voting rights, this will enable this elite group to remove the UK’s veto and to cancel our membership rebate.
If the UK is to survive as a sovereign nation state then we must leave the EU now.
messenger messenger

Re: More European Union

Just let's come out of this evil - it is not a union - it is not united.  It is in disharmony and in disarray.

As a nation, we were taken in deceitfully those decades ago - and are increasingly suffering the consequences.

Let us instead join up with EFTA, which will give us many advantages, not least of all free trade.  After all, that is what it is all about ... money, isn't it?  Don't let us get further embroiled in the current mess.

And power?   The Great of Britain has now been overtaken (or taken over) so that in this union we do not hold the power we once were blessed with throughout the world, which in general was meant to be a blessing to the world.   But we need to regain power in our own kingdom - and that is what we have ... a kingdom.  Long may it remain.

Be courageous, Mr Cameron.  Don't be seduced - nor fearful.  Be wise in making the right decisions for this country.  The majority of us will be with you if you use this opportunity to bring us out.  It'll be another mess to sort  - but you can do it as you put in strategies for our own interest so that our lost ground is redeemed.   Let us be the head again, at least of our own nation - and not the tail, being lashed about and following Brussells' whim and Merkel's and Sarcossi's manipulations.  They are mere humans and will wither away sooner or later  - and other power seekrs will take up their batons.  Are we going to have to put up with that too?  Let us support those we vote in to Government - not be governed by those who are not elected by us.  We are an island for a reason.  It is symbolic of how we should stand.

Look at the Canadian Prime Minister - he's gone against the tide and has gained respect.  He too was a small government - but he did it alone and didn't muddy the waters by compromising policies with another party.
.
BEN W BEN W

Re: More European Union

Dear Mr Cameron,

Why are you so intent on holding on until your hand is forced? It is pretty certain now that there will at some point, have to be a referendum on the EU. Admittedly the cards you hold are not good, but most of the rest of Europe are holding no cards at all, so it seems your choice,  act decisively now, or be forced to act, by events later from a position of greater weakness. You say that at This fridays summit you will seek assurances that greater union between the Euro States will not result in them collectively taking actions against our interest. Surely you know that such assurances would be meaningless? They will most certainly act in their own interest, regardless of any assurances about our interest, it is natural, and certain that this will happen. If you profess otherwise you are either deluding yourself, or , with dishonest intent, trying to delude us. Be aware this may well turn out to be your Neville Chamberlain moment,
(in economical terms) if you come back waiving the assurances you have got, as some kind of victory, when everyone knows that they will all be worthless in the long run.
Clarke Clarke

Re: More European Union

Hook your star to the U.S. David !
James Whittaker James Whittaker

Re: More European Union

Please pull us out of the EU so we can put the great back into Britain, and then give our young unemployed a wake up call and insist they take the jobs the polish and other foreign workers are doing or No Benefits Period. Our polices are to soft we need to take a stiffer approach to allot of these lazy lay-a-bouts.

More needs to be done on illegal immigrants entering the UK and then disappearing. After we catch them we tell them they have to report back every fortnight to sign on while we sort out whether they have a legal right to be here or not, they don't return and disappear into the rest of society, until they get caught after committing a crime, hopefully not to serious all this is down to pay, us the tax payer.

Go Cameron.
12345678 ... 32