Quantcast

More European Union

1234 ... 32
Paul M Thomas Paul M Thomas

More European Union

David,

I welcome any challenge you care to make on our costs incurred by our EU membership

Why are we paying so much to the EU? We are having cuts in the public sector with University Fees due to rise in order to restore the economic balance?  What about "no gain without pain" being shared around the EU states? Germany (for example) has almost no University Fees with around 500 euros per term set in most Universities.

This also applies to overseas student also! How can they afford to do all this at this time. It seems that the "engine of Europe" is doing very nicely = but at whose expense?

BTW why do we have military personnel in Germany?

I am a young person (relatively) with an honest job but I am so tired of hearing about the "engine of Europe" from some of my friends over their.

Keep going!

PAUL
Chris Ostrom Chris Ostrom

europian union

After the revalations of Nick Farage about the ludicrus spend and new quango's in the EU at the time when we in this country are asked to tighten our belts (check headlines of the Mail on Sunday) isn't about time we had a referndum to the affect of if we want to stay in the EU or not
Rod.F Rod.F

What is the point of voting.

we are given promises on eu referendum,pensions, inheritance tax, immigration prison for offenders, crack down on yob culture, reforming the benifits culture listening to the majority and many others, what do we get?
a climbdown on all policies to appease the limp wristed lib dems and the hard working tax payer is let down once again. It is time we had a leader with the balls to stand up and fight for the people who work hard and contribute to the country and not the minority who sit back and take every financial benefit that is thrown at them.
Fed Up hard working taxpayer.
Fathertime Fathertime

EU contributions

When is that spineless wimp Cameron going to stand by his pledge and stand up to the EU. He is cutting internal budgets yet stands by and allows the EU budget to rise to £10.3 million. If he said enough is enough and CUT the EU budget by 50% and put the savings into the UK economy, we wouldn't see swingeing cuts in education, NHS and police
June Hendra June Hendra

European Union

Why are we in the E U what do we get for our £45 million a day.  While you were debating your cuts to the economy the E U was raising our contribution to cover the cost of thier Champagne amongst other things.  How can you let this happen I think we should get more forcefull like the French  and get us out of  the E U money pit.  Originaly we voted to join the common market we have not been given the choice of being    governed by the fat cat crooks in Belgium GIVE US THE CHOICE.
martin martin

Re: European Union

I couldn't agree more too many people sit back and let these politicians walk over us...It's time more people complained about these people robbing us blind...Probably only a third of the money taken from us is used properly, the rest is spent unprofessionally and incompetently....They would be bankrupt in business....Go to the mail on line and hit bins...if that isn't political incompetence, nothing is...Some of them should be arrested....
Bill Bill

Re: European Union

The EEC or what ever it is called is an unholy mess and the sooner we are out of it the better.  If my mathematics are any good would not the countless millions we give them each year go a long way to off setting the current debt problems
paulob1 paulob1

Re: European Union

It does at times seem like extraction is the better way, but we do more business in Europe than anywhere else in the world, we are part of Europe no matter what we think...we have to be a part of it or we will never change it for the better...

I do agree it is wasteful, and in many ways pointless but I think the Union is like the US was 150 years ago, in the future we will laugh at people who thought separatism was the answer...
paulob1 paulob1

Re: europian union

NO we need the EU, it is our biggest trading partner, nothing to do with anything else, if we were outside of the Eu our prices relative to our Eu competitors would go up...and we would lose even more work and jobs...we have to be a part of it...

AGREE we have to get rid of the EU overheads though...it is a licence to print money for the MEP's that isnt right...
Steve Cashmore Steve Cashmore

The Economy & EU comtributions.

Dear Mr. Cameron,
I dare say I maybe repeating my self but how can you reconcile slashing public expenditure here at home in the UK while continuing to throw millions of our hard earned pounds into the EU black hole?
Our contribution has already increased by over £2BILLION this year and I've just heard from Daniel Hannan that our MEPs have voted another £884MILLION on top of this!!!!! This is simply not acceptable! - I have passed this news on to many friends and collegues and they are extremely angry- also rather perplexed that the BBC haven't mentioned this. When will our elected representatives have the guts to stand up to the EU and say enough is enough! I'm beginning to wonder if this coalition is any better than what has gone before. Where are the politicians who really care about THIS country and its very tolerant (up till now) people?

Steve Cashmore
Bromsgrove
Worcs.
paulob1 paulob1

Re: The Economy & EU comtributions.

cynically they have your vote they dont need you anymore.  you have done what they wanted you to do...this is politics, there is not a lot of democracy once the government elect is in power and running, basically they can do what they want...

however the EU is  our future, i know it seems tough right now but they have helped us in the past and would do again if we needed their help...

dont knock them all
Jon Stevenson Jon Stevenson

David Cameron admits defeat over EU budget. The Guardian.

I take no credit for the following...it was emailed to me by a Political blogger...I just feel the same as he does, and feel the need to let you know. Not that i expect it will do any good.

The British Parliament capitulates to demands for more money to support the unelected and unaccountable EU monster. Money will now be taken by force from YOUR pocket, money you earned to pay for the failure of the Greeks to live within their means, the failure of politicians to tell the truth, the failure of citizens across the EU to throw off the shackles of the "Big State", the failure of our elected representatives to do OUR bidding instead of their own, the failure of US, the people to stand up to demands from the un audited mafia in Brussels to simply help themselves to our money.

It isn't going to change, it's going to get worse. Feed a wild beast in the hope of taming it and pretty soon, that wild beast will be sleeping in your bed and you'll be sleeping on the sofa.

Cameron, you b*****d. You gutless, spineless puppet, you disgust me. It isn't YOUR money, it's ours.

No referendum, no voice, no choice but to capitulate to demands from abroad that our citizens support their broken regimes and line their pockets.

I now understand why so many decide that the State can pay £20K a year rent for them, feed them, clothe them and hand them £15K a year when they "retire" after a lifetime of not working.

We ARE Soviets and Cameron is a mere politburo puppet. Long live the Glorious Revolution. All power to the grasshoppers.
Now get back to work, ants.

Paul M Thomas Paul M Thomas

PAUL
paulob1 paulob1

Re: David Cameron admits defeat over EU budget. The Guardian.

hmm the collapse of the European economy would be difficult, Germany is a monstrous country compared to the UK,  they are the second largest exporter in the world.  they have built up their industry and kept true to their roots.  they have also a very loyal and dedicated workforce...

In the UK Unions have ruined that, even educated and supposedly sensible air stewards are destroying their own company in the quest to keep their perks and bonus'  it typical UK employment madness...

I cannot see how we can be a member of the Eu and not stay involved, we have to be a part of it or get out...but getting out would be catastrophic for long term unity... and business and travel and all sorts of issues...we need to be in Europe...
Jon Stevenson Jon Stevenson

Re: David Cameron admits defeat over EU budget. The Guardian.

My friend what you call "The Economy" is nothing more than a giant pyramid scam that requires infinite growth on a finite planet. Borrowing money to pay off debt, is disastrous...and generations are now going to pay for it. And further generations will pay off the interest on the borrowed money also!!! It is a fact that there is already more debt in the world than physical money...As all new money comes into existence via banks...with interest attached to it, how then, can it ever be paid back?......It cant. We, the people have to change our way of thinking, and therefore enforce a complete paradigm shift from these old outdated models that are now completely redundant. Not mention, they ensure more and more of us become poorer and poorer...and the top 1% become wealthier and wealthier. It must change. May I respectfully request you listen to individuals like Max Keiser...or even Ron Paul from the USA...the only politician i would trust...to a degree.

Then take a look at another respected individual...Sir Ken Robinson.. http://thepeacefulplanet.org/ Click on Economy, then on Peaceful Economy...and have a read of that. He talks about a Resource Based Economy. Quite simply, a monetary economy is coming to and end...and so it should! The age of competition, is also coming to an end, and the age of co-operation should take over. If we share the worlds resources, we may have a chance...but taking them by force (Iraq, Afghanistan) we will have no chance. We never really should have got into a situation where we compete with other human beings in the first place....it really is that simple. Unrealistic?....I think its unrealistic to continue the we are!....
Fred Fred

Re: More European Union

Well,Yes.
As some EU-Countries waste our Money i would suggest to send them someone from Court who manage theme's Finances as if it were a Private Company.
Otherwise no Money to them!
Dawn Dawn

Re: European Union

I agree GIVE US A VOTE!  If in fact we can't survive without being part of Europe at least give us the facts and let us decide like you promised.  It isn't right to say we are already signed up for this because the people have a voice and politicians take the oath to serve the people.  They forget we have long memories.  Many of the people who voted originally, bless them, have long since passed away and my children have never been able to have their say.

Unelected people in Europe are able to walk all over our way of life and expect us to do nothing because we are not able to work things out for ourselves.

Yes, we vote for people to represent us, but if that representation goes against what they have promised then that is corrupt.  The politicians are so frightened that we will vote against Europe they dare not give us a vote.  Give us credit, give us the TRUE facts.  All we see is our way of life being threatened, our jobs going abroad, MEP's living it up with jobs for family and friends and over indulges at an amazing level.............GIVE US THE TRUTH and give us democracy to decide if this is what the British people want.
paulob1 paulob1

Re: European Union

yes they are scared we will try to extract ourselves from the union.  This would be wrong...the union once working and with one language will become even more powerful than America...we have to be part of that...

if we were not we would survive but we would be an odd sort of a place...totally isolated and alone.. America isn't our ally, that's for sure...
Dave Cusson Dave Cusson

Re: More European Union

I believed Ted Heath and voted to join the Common Market. I didn't listen to the older generation, many of whom knew it was wrong: they had just fought the 2nd World War. As it turned out, Heath eventually admitted he'd lied in order to obtain the "Yes" vote and I've never forgiven him.
So, here we all are today, the European Masters controlling our destiny and, it seems, with or without our blessing, never mind acquiescence. There has never been an alternative path through the middle. Either we become European wholeheartedly, or we get out and see if the English speaking nations of the world will have us back.
For me, and many others I'm sure, let's stop discussing peripheral issues. One more referendum only. IN or OUT.
paulob1 paulob1

Re: More European Union

we have to stay in no matter what we want, there is no choice, we do not want another war over territory or control...this is the only way to integrate...oppose the union and trouble will come...

by the way the union didn't stop us from going into a rather dubious war against Iraq and now we are in Afghanistan like we were many many years ago and suffered one of the worst defeats in our armed forces history, I fear this may happen again...
1234 ... 32