London Bridge Massacre

Just posted these two on Sunday Times digital

Dreadful news! My heart goes out to you all. I understand Islamic State has authorised and urged its counterparts in the UK to kill Christians at will, and may Allah be with you.

I urge deportation of all Jihadists forthwith to their lands of origin - put them on a boat and land them in a desert if need be!

Mr D Akenhead 1 minute ago
pending
Coalition government called for, and state of emergency declared. British people expect no less. Cancel all benefit concerts!Edit (in 4 minutes)
DeleteRecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 58 minutes ago
pending
Deepest sympathies with Londoners this dreadful evening. Heartfelt thoughts from Newfoundland.

Re: London Bridge Massacre

This post was updated on .
I won't hold my breath David but maybe just maybe our politicians will begin to
sit up and listen. 50 Years ago they were warned of the dangers of an open door policy and no one listened but continued with their "we know best" attitude. All religion is about POWER and each of our governments have taken their eye off the ball and not just permitted but encouraged this creeping evil to invade our Country. The more of them allowed into the country the greater the chance of terrorists amongst them. Our tolerance will be our downfall if government continues to ignore the writing on the wall and fail to call time on people who wish to come to our country but have no intention whatsoever of integrating within our society. Instead, forming ghettos and continuing to live as they would in their country of origin. Trouble is there are  so many of them now who were born here and have British passports. The muslim society as a whole have a duty to start flushing these people out, it is in their hands, they are not in danger of being accused of racism. Definitely time to "ban the burka" and let them all know we mean business.
Finally I would say my heart goes out to all those caught up in this latest atrocity.

Re: London Bridge Massacre

This post was updated on .
Oracle, I pray that May will do the right thing. She needs to cancel the concert thing in Manchester in my view. The Vera Lynn days are over. Then one could see what one was dealing with, but this scum? They thrive on publicity, so the best way is remove them by stealth, with as little fanfare as possible. Cut off their fuel supply, I say, and quietly dump them somewhere to fend for themselves, out of harm's way, and certainly out of our British Isles!

Wow! Sunday Times have changed their minds and published my posts. Can't believe it! I was extremely blunt - democracy you are alive and well! Thank you, whoever it was who let me through!

Latest responses:

CarolKK 1 hour ago
I could not believe my ears when listening to a security expert telling me that ISIS had recently asked its supporters who could not make it to the front line in Syria or Afghanistan to fight in their own countries to mark the holy month of Ramadan.
Flag9RecommendedReply
Mr D Akenhead 1 hour ago
@CarolKK that is what is so sad, a form of penance for some. How sick is that?
3Recommend

Deborah Hayward 2 hours ago
I am praying for the families of the people who died as well as those who were injured.  I am also praying for the safety and protection of all Londoners and an end to all  terrorist attacks.
Flag11RecommendedReply
Mr D Akenhead 2 hours ago
@Deborah Hayward Deborah, for me the safest solution is to let the authorities deal with this scum quietly and stealthily with as little fanfare as possible. I do not think Vera Lynn style concerts in defiance are the answer. It just adds fuel to the fire. Cut off the fuel and snuff out the fire, I say, and afford them thin air instead in their sick perverted quests going forward. My thoughts and prayers too are with you and fellow Londoners and Mancunians today, along with my family in London, who I miss very much at this dreadful time for all of us.
15RecommendReply
Johnny Norfolk 1 hour ago
@Deborah Hayward I am also praying for the government to take strong action.
Flag2RecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 2 hours ago
All Jihadists out. All Shariah Law banned. All Mosques closed who do not accede to what the British government demands. Enough!
63RecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 2 hours ago
Thank you Sunday Times for publishing me this time. Someone had to say what is on the minds of most sane people right now!
17RecommendReply
Charles Salter 1 hour ago
@Mr D Akenhead Good grief.
Flag3RecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 1 hour ago
@Sinverguenza @Mr D Akenhead literally speaking, I agree with you
6RecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 33 minutes ago
@Charles Salter ... regardless of the name change!
1RecommendReply
Mr Ali 2 hours ago
Those politicians who are dishonestly denying any connection between the religion of Islam and the murderous violence committed in its name are enabling this killing of innocent people to continue.
How can we ever expect to defeat an enemy when we dare not even call it by its true name?
Firm actions please, not weak platitudes.
Flag55RecommendedReply
Mr D Akenhead 2 hours ago
@Mr Ali Well said, Mr Ali, but I remain firmly opposed to Shariah Law too
15Recommend

Re: London Bridge Massacre

Just posted this in The Times - doubt if it will see the light of day, such being the name of censorship of delicate matters, but wanted all the same, to share with you. My original post was permitted and engendered 162 likes! and then the shutters were drawn, with my right of clarification thus far denied me!

Thankfully, I find this a more liberal and more enlightened Forum, and a rare jewel in a sad world, with some very frank and honest contributors allowed to vent their true feeling thanks to Nabble! Well done, editor. Long may you prosper!

Mr Javid is Secretary of State for community relations and development, and is himself a Muslim.

Mr D Akenhead 10 minutes ago
pending
Please, Times, permit my thread. I feel with 162 likes, that I have earned the explanatory clause I have written which tries to answer the fears engulfing our fragile planet at this very difficult time for all of us.
RecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 16 minutes ago
pending
I posted this item at the very beginning of this thread, and I appear to have hit a nerve.

Mr Javid, while I welcome your attempt to bring peace and harmony, it seems to me you don't actually believe what you are saying, but are fearful of the consequences to yourself personally, if you omit this apologia, and as one who himself as a trainee majored in Educational Psychology in his BEd course with distinction, I sense real fear on your part in this statement, trying bravely to bridge a great divide between your faith and the faith of Her Majesty the Queen as our defender. I submit, our faith has done its best to adapt to the times in which we live, whereas yours, in many respects is still representative of the conflict between Saladin and King Richard I's crusades - such a toxic formula, I submit presents a massive challenge to people such as yourself to overcome. When you have religions whose prime tenet appears to be "obey, or else expect divine retribution in the next world" the writings in the sacred text, are open to misinterpretation. So it proved in Christianity, Papism, and the Reformation, and still the teachings of Jesus and the prime message of "love thy neighbour" appears with grotesque exception clauses about our planet, reminiscent of Orwell's Animal Farm, and a complete disregard for Sigmund Freud's own very true assertion, that we are ALL bi-sexual beings to a greater or lesser degree - borne out by the very delicate chromosomal balance in all of us, distinguishing between male and female. When, finally, that is comprehended, that we all possess virtually equal quantities of our mother and father in all of us, then, and only then, will we begin to resolve the question of the harmony of the spheres and our place in its amazing and beautiful mystery.

Mr D Akenhead 12 hours ago
"I should be very clear on this. I’m not for one second saying that Muslims are in any way responsible for terrorists."

Is not Allah's name used in mitigation, every time, or am I missing something?
163Recommend