Jeremy Corbyn....... From threat to a would-be saviour

12

Jeremy Corbyn....... From threat to a would-be saviour

wonderhorse wonderhorse

Re: Jeremy Corbyn....... From threat to a would-be saviour

Re: Jeremy Corbyn....... From threat to a would-be saviour

Re: Jeremy Corbyn....... From threat to a would-be saviour

Peter C

Yes I do hold Alex Salmond in contempt for his shallow idiology but I do not hate the man, in order to hate someone you must first know that person very well.

No political party can be elected to Government in the UK unless they win the confidence of middle England voters because that  is where the majority of voters are to be found, so if Labour elect Jeremy Corbyn on the grounds that he will restore "Old Labour's " true principles then Labour will not form a Government before 2025 and only then if they can find another Tony Blair!
wonderhorse wonderhorse

Re: Jeremy Corbyn....... From threat to a would-be saviour

Re: Jeremy Corbyn....... From threat to a would-be saviour

This post was updated on .
Wonderhorse, he may be honest, but he's dangerous and deluded into thinking that those beyond the pale on the religious front, like ISIS et al can be reasoned with! It's an addiction, I fear, which knows no denial. Somewhat ironically, though, I agree with Corbyn himself that Karl Marx got it spot on in that respect, (so why can't he acknowledge it?) but sadly, I see him (Corbyn) as a bit of a latter-day John the Baptist, - " prepare ye the way of Old Labour!" and "there shall be smites!" (couldn't resist that quote from Corporal Nym in Henry V!) all this self-flagellation I fear will diminish the man, who admittedly is a mark of the desperation felt by a Party that has been rent in twain by New Labour - in my book, very, very third-rate Conservatives, so I can empathise with his pain, and yours. What I find sad, is that the only credible leader, Liz Kendall, however, has been thoroughly undermined by leaders of her own party, and of course, that complete waste of space, who is also increasingly another voice crying in the wilderness, Tony Blair! If Labour continues to be utterly unable to decide what they want, what chance do they have as a credible opposition, let alone contenders for government?
David A
wonderhorse wonderhorse

Re: Jeremy Corbyn....... From threat to a would-be saviour

Re: Jeremy Corbyn....... From threat to a would-be saviour

Wonderhorse, I only ever voted Labour once, and that was for Blair (to my eternal shame! pity you weren't standing instead - I'd have gone for you like a shot!!) after ditching any aspirations for Major who was very much Maggie's puppet and two fingers to the rest of her party for ditching her!
David A
wonderhorse wonderhorse

Re: Jeremy Corbyn....... From threat to a would-be saviour

Re: Jeremy Corbyn....... From threat to a would-be saviour

I took early retirement at 62 in 2010/11 and now my wife has also retired we have started living for ourselves at last, we have had three holidays this year so far, 1 week camping in Somerset in May, 2 weeks at a 4Star in Spain in June and 1 week camping at Croyde in North Devon in windy and wet July (still got sunburnt), where next? Perhaps Croatia!

You only live once, we none of us know our future thank God, best not to waste the time we have left!

wonderhorse wonderhorse

Re: Jeremy Corbyn....... From threat to a would-be saviour

Re: Jeremy Corbyn....... From threat to a would-be saviour

He has guts, I'll give him that, but he is sadly disillusioned if he refers to James Callaghan as a source for his vision! My father was in hush hush stuff which nearly did for him at one stage in his life. He knew a man called Hills, a university lecturer in Kampala at the time of the erstwhile King of Scotland's purges. Callaghan buckled and when Hills arrived safely at Heathrow, both he and the story seemed to go up in smoke, while a huge consignment of British Arms mysteriously materialised on Amin's breakfast table! Ours not to reason why, and dead men tell no tales! but this is where John Kelly and I have much in common! The British people had had a gutful of James Callaghan! Give me Michael Foot any day!

Re: Jeremy Corbyn....... From threat to a would-be saviour

wonderhorse wonderhorse