Islamic faith followers "Silent" majority

Islamic faith followers "Silent" majority

Re: Islamic faith followers "Silent" majority

First we had Al Qaeda, then the Taliban in Afghanistan, Then Hamas in Gaza, Boko Harem in Nigeria, Al Shabat in Somalia and the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and now the Islamic State(ISIS), what do they all have in common apart from being Muslims?

They all ascribe to the murderous and warped dogma of Wahhabi Islam.

Origins of Wahhabi Islam

Name: Wahhabism, Wahhabi Islam

Founder: Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab

Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab (d. 1792) was the first modern Islamic fundamentalist and extremists. Wahhab made the central point of his reform movement the principle that absolutely every idea added to Islam after the third century of the Mulsim era (about 970 AD) was false and should be eliminated.

Muslims, in order to be true Muslims, must adhere solely and strictly to the original beliefs set forth by Muhammad in his hadiths the interpretations of the Quran.

The reason for this extremist stance, and the focus of Wahhab's reform efforts, was a number of popular practices which he believed represented a regression to pre-Islamic polytheism.
These included praying to Muslim saints, making pilgrimages to tombs and special mosques, venerating trees, caves, and stones, and using votive and sacrificial offerings.

These are all practices commonly and traditionally associated with religions in general, but they were unacceptable to Al-Wahhab.
Contemporary secular behaviors are even more anathema to Wahhab's successors. It is against modernity, secularism, and the Enlightenment which current Wahhabists choose to do battle — and it is this anti-secularism, anti-modernism which helps drive their extremism, even to the point of horrendous violence.

Wahhabi Doctrines

In contrast to popular superstitions, Wahhab emphasized the unity of God (tawhid). This focus on absolute monotheism lead to Al-Wahhab and his followers being referred to as muwahiddun, or “unitarians.” Everything else he denounced as heretical innovation, or bida.

Wahhab was further dismayed at the widespread laxity in adhering to traditional Islamic laws: questionable practices like the ones above were allowed to continue, whereas the religious devotions which Islam did require were being ignored.

This created indifference to the plight of widows and orphans, adultery, lack of attention to obligatory prayers, and failure to allocate shares of inheritance fairly to women.

Wahhab characterised all this as being typical of jahiliyya, an important term in Islam which refers to the barbarism and state of ignorance which existed prior to the coming of Islam.
Wahhab thus identified himself with the Prophet Muhammad and at the same time connected his society with that which Muhammad had worked to overthrow.

Because so many Muslims lived (so he claimed) in jahiliyya, Al-Wahhab accused them of not being true Muslims after all.
Only those who followed the strict teachings of al-Wahhab were truly Muslims because only they still followed the path laid out by Allah.
Accusing someone of not being a true Muslim is significant because it is forbidden (Harum)for one Muslim to kill another; but if someone is not a true Muslim then killing them (in war or in an act of terrorism) becomes licit.
It would be hard to underestimate the importance of this principle to modern terrorists and extremists.

Obviously, Wahhabi religious leaders reject any reinterpretation of the Qur’an when it comes to issues settled by the earliest Muslims. Wahhabists thus oppose the 19th and 20th century Muslim reform movements which reinterpreted aspects of Islamic law in order to bring it closer to standards set by the West, particularly with regards to topics like gender relations, family law, personal autonomy, and participatory democracy.

Wahhabi Islam & Extremist Islam Today

Today, Wahhabism is the dominant Islamic tradition on the Arabian Peninsula (Saudi Arabia/Mecca), though its influence has traditionally been minor in the rest of the Middle East.

Osama bin Laden came from Saudi Arabia and was born into the Wahhabi tradition, Wahhabi extremism and radical ideas of purity, obviously influenced him considerably. Adherents of Wahhabi Islam do not regard it as simply one school of thought out of many; rather it is the only path of true Islam — nothing else counts.

Even though Wahhabism used to be a minority position overall in the Muslim world, it has nevertheless proved to be a growing influence for other extremist movements throughout the Muslim world.

This can be seen with a couple of factors,

first of which is al-Wahhab’s use of the term jahiliyya to vilify a society which he did not consider pure enough in its adherence to MuHammed’s prophetic dictates of the 6-7th centuries, whether they call themselves Muslim or not.

Even today, Islamists use the term jahiliyya when referring to the countries of the West and at times even to their own Islamic societies.
With it, they can justify overthrowing what many might regard as an Islamic state by essentially denying that it is truly Islamic at all for example Syria, Egypt, Iran and Turkey.

Perversely the Saudi Royal family who control the epicentre of the Islamic world and its holy sites, are perhaps the least truly Wahhabi in their conduct, and are some of the most corrupt Muslims in the world.

Essentially Wahhabism seeks to promote absolute  and unquestioning adherence to the original austere Islam as their prophet MuHammed would have known it and discard all reforms that took place after 970 A.D. this is made easier by the widespread ignorance of individual muslims who depend on imams and mullahs for interpretation of their faith.

However Wahhabism  ignores the fact that some major Quaranic rewrites were carried out during the reign of the first four Caliph’s that succeeded MuHammed after his death especially those carried out by Abu Bakr and by Uthman ibn Affan and thus altered the original message.

There is only one way of dealing with wahhabism, we must destroy it totally at its roots, its roots exist in Mecca and Medina.

fiferalfa2 fiferalfa2

Re: Islamic faith followers "Silent" majority

Hi John
Have read your post but CANNOT accept that religion is the root cause of this abhorrent violence even if there were no religion we as people would still find something to fight about  the only way to treat scum like this is a bullet in the head nevermind any rules of warfare and for those who are supposedly british they should hang for treason on their return to the uk and it would be good to hear senior muslims say what they should be saying by denouncing these scum

Re: Islamic faith followers "Silent" majority

Using any manmade elements of  so-called faith, and I include the Bible, Torah and Koran, to justify barbarism, confirms to me that animals exist on a higher plane than do we humans!

Re: Islamic faith followers "Silent" majority

I agree to the extent that the current troubles are all about Power but in the case of Islam in particular, it is Religion that is used to recruit the fanatics. Our Government has to refuse re-entry into this Country for those who have chosen to go to Syria and other places and become influenced by these evil people. Suppposedly genuine muslims, "the silent majority" should be giving information on these people who  choose to betray them and commit the most henious of crimes in the name of their Religion, because if they don't it won't be long before the same thing will be happening to them. On the news this morning Leaders were saying that the Government should be communicating with young muslims. All that will do is give them the opportunity to demand more and more rights for muslims in this Country. Give them an inch and they take a mile. Successive Governments have given far too much freedom to all
non Christian religions and it is time they woke up before the shit really hits the fan.

Re: Islamic faith followers "Silent" majority

The action of beheading a helpless bound victim is not new development for Islamists, during the military campaign against Saddam Hussein, western civilian captives were beheaded online by jihadist militants, during the Chechnyan Campaign Russian soldiers were routinely beheaden and filmed for posting on YouTube, Why this form of execution?
The answer may lie in the Muslim belief that at the point of death the soul leaves the body with the last breath through the mouth, by decapitating the victim this cannot happen so the soul of the deceased cannot enter paradise and is lost from salvation,

Re: Islamic faith followers "Silent" majority

Hi Peter, the following was sent to me via email, how true it is!

A Germans View on the silence....
June 23, 2014 9:20:05 PM GMT-05:00
An interesting take on The Silent Majority, powerfully argued

Please take a moment of your time and read this article.
A German's View on Islam.

His references to past history are accurate and clear. Not long, easy to understand, and well worth the read. The author of this email is Dr. Emanuel Tanya, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist.
A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, who owned a number of large industries and estates. when asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism.
'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come.’

‘My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'
‘We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is a religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the specter of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.’

‘The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honor-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.’

‘The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous. Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.’

‘The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet. And who can forget Rwanda, which collapsed into butchery? Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?

‘History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points: peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence. Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany, they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.’

‘Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.’

‘Now Islamic prayers have been introduced in Toronto and other public schools in Ontario, and, yes, in Ottawa, too, while the Lord's Prayer was removed (due to being so offensive?). The Islamic way may be peaceful for the time being in our country until the fanatics move in.’

‘In Australia, and indeed in many countries around the world, many of the most commonly consumed food items have the halal emblem on them. Just look at the back of some of the most popular chocolate bars, and at other food items in your local supermarket. Food on aircraft has the halal emblem just to appease the privileged minority who are now rapidly expanding within the nation's shores.’

‘In the U.K, the Muslim communities refuse to integrate and there are now dozens of "no-go" zones within major cities across the country that the police force dare not intrude upon. Sharia law prevails there, because the Muslim communities in those areas refuse to acknowledge British law.’

‘As for us who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts - the fanatics who threaten our way of life.’

Lastly, anyone who doubts that the issue is serious and just deletes this email without sending it on is contributing to the passiveness that allows the problems to expand.

Extend yourself a bit and send this on. Let us hope that thousands world-wide read this, think about it, and send it on before it's too late, and we are silenced because we were silent!!!
So why do you believe it is really different now…and our silence is ok?

Re: Islamic faith followers "Silent" majority

I have during my many years as a Hackney carriage driver witnessed the radicalisation of young Muslims, one such case was a man of 28, a married man with three children, the owner of a Sari shop, and partner in an Asian food store he drives a taxi on a part time basis, this young man was a very likeable and gregarious character who enjoyed the company and repartee of all races and religions.
Suddenly 6 years ago he started to separate himself from non Muslims, he also changed his appearance, previously sporting a stylish modern haircut and clean shaven with designer branded clothing, he now sports a full beard, shaven head and dresses in the "Kabul Suit" ( a long wee Willie winky shirt with splits at the side and baggy ankle swinger pants) and most important of all he started to attend a different Mosque.
Instead of the likeable intelligent and articulate young man who was one of the boys he now sits in his cab studiously reading the Hadiths in cross reference with Quranic verse, I also understand that his children now attend Islamic faith schools instead of state schools and his wife now wears the Burka instead of just the Hajib head covering.

How did this change come about? Was it religious inspiration? No it was through peer pressure from the elders in the local Muslim community and the need to fit into that community or else risk being ostracised by family, friends and business links, as this process evolved this young man has separated himself from all aspects of western life to the point of even giving up his support for Arsenal FC and no longer being able to play football himself because it diverted him from praying 5 times a day.

This is just one example, perhaps the extreme Jihadist dogma will pass this young man by because he was already a grown up family man, but what about his sons?

Re: Islamic faith followers "Silent" majority

Ratio of Christians to Muslims in Birmingham (Source 2011 Census)

Population  1,106,986

Children
Christian                                               93,828(8.5%)
Muslims                                                97,099(8.8%)

Adults
Christian                                             413,474(37.3%)
Muslims                                              148,145(13.4%)

If 13.4% of the adult population can reproduce a majority of 8.8% of all children in this the second largest City in England and assuming this ratio is replicated in all urban areas of the UK, the Muslim population will achieve parity with the Christian population in just three generations across the whole country.

This picture does not include other religious groups such as Hindu’s ,Sikhs , Jews and Pagans or those of Atheist or agnostic groups.