Immigration

12345
Rookery Rookery

Re: Immigration

Dear Henroski,   I feel I must enlighten you;   We dont pretend to be an Island:  we are one.

Re: Immigration

henroski henroski

Re: Immigration

There is nothing with advantage without disadvantage

UK is the home of Commonwealth countries with larger share of revenues, one of the European leaders with large volume of trades accruing to it as benefit and One of the world power with access to economic opportunities. Common British man on the street does not know while UK must stay in Europe due to ignorance.

UK has poor raw material base for industries to thrive and the soil is infertile compare to Africa and other Europe countries,   70% of UK industries belong to foreigners, the business communities will leave UK with their industries, if that will benefit the UK populace, the world is getting wiser now, no country wants to be a slave to others anymore.  Business communities and students are now leaving UK gradually after all, the era of slave trade is over.

It is only a handful of illegal immigrants that are entitled to benefit if there is any, anyone can challenge me on this by publishing the report of numbers of illegal immigrants that are on benefit , many illegal immigrant are working without claiming a single benefit for years and employers hardly recruit foreigners if British people are willing to do the same job. I still do not understand, how British employers will keep employing foreigners when their fellow men are jobless.

Illegal immigrants are quite vulnerable indeed, they are exploited by the society by paying tax and by unduly paid by employers,  it is a shame for any serious  British man to say that people they are using as slaves are taking over their jobs.

If foreigners are driven away in thousands in the name of indigenization  I bet it with any Briton that the effect will be worse than the era of the holocaust.

Re: Immigration

This post was updated on .
Henroski
You wrote "UK is the home of Commonwealth countries with larger share of revenues, one of the European leaders with large volume of trades accruing to it as benefit and One of the world power with access to economic opportunities. Common British man on the street does not know while UK must stay in Europe due to ignorance. "

On the contrary, the common British people know exactly why it is imperative that the UK must leave the EU, ever since we were fraudulently taken into the EU by the traitor Edward Heath the man on the street in the UK has seen nothing of advantage from our EU membership except that the cost has risen each year well in excess of inflation.

"UK has poor raw material base for industries to thrive and the soil is infertile compare to Africa and other Europe countries,   70% of UK industries belong to foreigners, the business communities will leave UK with their industries, if that will benefit the UK populace, the world is getting wiser now, no country wants to be a slave to others anymore.  Business communities and students are now leaving UK gradually after all, the era of slave trade is over. "

The UK like most developed Nations imports raw materials for industry, which represents about 30% of our economy, since the 1980's has focused on Services like Banking, insurance and IT. So any shortage of raw materials has had limited impact, British soil is however very fertile and efficiently managed by some of the worlds best farmers unlike Africa where
subsistence farming is common place

The business community are much too savvy to leave the UK, a land where they can trade with the EU safe from the destructive effects of the common currency. The students you mention that are leaving the UK are in fact the same ones who were entering the UK falsely claiming to be students so whether they are leaving or not coming at all is actually beneficial to the UK.

It is the illegals that are actually preserving the slave trade by working in the Black economy and since as an illegal they cannot legally be employed they cannot pay taxes so their contribution to the UK economy is 0.

"It is only a handful of illegal immigrants that are entitled to benefit if there is any, anyone can challenge me on this by publishing the report of numbers of illegal immigrants that are on benefit , many illegal immigrant are working without claiming a single benefit for years and employers hardly recruit foreigners if British people are willing to do the same job. I still do not understand, how British employers will keep employing foreigners when their fellow men are jobless. "

As I have already pointed out an illegal immigrant cannot qualify for benefits, so your statements on this point are grossly uninformed.

Since you seem so very pro EU and immigration but are totally misguided in your views I would recommend that you read about the origins of the EU, perhaps you might study the writings of Dr Joseph Rath, if you do this I dare you to revisit this forum and comment more of you new world order rubbish without inwardly cringing at your dishonesty.

Re: Immigration

henroski henroski

Re: Immigration

BRITISH ILLITRATE THINK YOU POUNCE ON IMMIGRANTS GET HIM OUT WITHOUT GOING TO COURT

UK cant get those people out in 40years even though UK has power to do so

And UK has no power to do so anyway, deportation and removal is international instrument

Some uneducated British think, you pounce on immigrants and get them deported without going to court

Both domestic court and international courts are there to protect the so called, illegal immigrants.

Many of them will be documented in the attempt to get them out and compensation will be paid too

You don't talk to group of people anyhow no matter, what you think. I am international lawyer of repute

let UK start and I will defend these people for free even up to world court

BRITAIN BELONGS TO ALL, ALL HAIL THE QUEEN

Re: Immigration

ILLITRATE are we?

I appear to have upset an applecart. Do you know what that is? It's something that's overloaded, a bit like your argument, I suggest.

Re: Immigration

Re: Immigration

I don't know what your nationality is but from the standard of your written English it is obvious you were not born here. You claim to be an international lawyer of repute. Well might I politely suggest you return to whence you came and do your "good works" there. As with any Country in the world it should be the right of the Host nation to put it's own nationals first. British people who attempt to enter another country illegally or, overstay their visas are refused entry or deported when they come to the attention of the authorities. Britain is entitled to do the same with illegal immigrants. As an "international lawyer of repute" you should know the operative word here is "illegal".

Immigration at a reasonable level is good for any Country but the levels to which it has risen in Britain cannot be sustained. The whole structure of our society that both legal and illegal immigrants alike seek to benefit from by coming here, is in danger of collapse and the results are affecting the host population in terms of housing, education, health treatment, crime etc. Do you honestly expect us to just sit back and accept that and not attempt to remove those who are here illegally?  Immigrants to any country are not seeking to benefit that country, they are looking to improve their own lives and I appreciate that includes British people who emmigrate to another country as well.

 However, we all have to live by rules!
henroski henroski

Re: Immigration

TO UNEDUCATED MILLIONS OF BRITISH AND JUNKS WHO CANNOT SEE BEYOND THEIR NOSE

You should be ashamed to comment on my English language whether positive or negative, I am quite sure as an African I speak better formal English than you and the several millions of  junk jelly face people who call themselves white.

I cant even stay in your country for a week because it is too cold to handle and too hot to hold, so do not bother referring to me as somebody in your enslaved Island, the people you keep referring to as illegal today, will one day employ you guys in their own country when your suffering starts.

Besides, history  told me Britain  was founded and funded  by lot of illegal immigrants in 7th century  and built by the slaves, so what is your stake in the so called Britain you are selfish about and laying claim to?

Thanks for your comment anyway, I am not in the UK and why would I have to come there, when my country has flourishing land and resources. I don't have to practice in UK as a lawyer to take your country to world court on behalf of the innocent people you keep calling illegals.

Re: Immigration

Henroki

By the context of your comments you betray yourself as a bigot and a racist which is not surprising since such sentiments are common place among the African peoples between tribal groups, where morality and conscience are considered an anathema to the successful life of the individual and corruption is the normal state of mind.

How very stupid you are, Africa has the possibility to be the most powerful continent on Earth, sadly it will never achieve that destiny as long as Africans such as yourself are so misguided and selfish.

Re: Immigration

henroski henroski

Re: Immigration

RACISM AND BIGOT SMELL ALL OVER UK AND THE WORLD IS WATCHING YOU ALL INGRATES.

Africans are not known to be racist or bigot and is home for all people, even though we fight among ourselves, we do not blame you guys for it, despite several years of rape of African land through slavery and exploitation.  We do not call people illegal like you do with your fellow idiots, neither do we  complain when you export and exploit our petroleum and food produce to your infertile country I am an  Africa  your country men are allowed to stay in the best place in my country without fear or favour while they exploit us on behalf of you ignoramus.

Once again if u lazy guys do not leave migrants in your country alone and face your business, very soon British who are outside your country exploiting our resources for you ingrates to eat will be sent home as well

If you are tired of your country because you do not like illegal immigrants, take visa to hell where you will not find any.

Re: Immigration

Re: Immigration

Latest Bulletin from Migration Watch

Summary Fact Sheet

Projected Population Growth
Population Density
Births to foreign parents
Foreign born
Immigration
Jobs
Housing
Education
Public Opinion
1. Projected Population Growth

Projected Population Growth by Country

Source: ONS, 2010-based national population projections, URL: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_235886.pdf

The UK population will reach 70 million in 2027 on current assumptions and 80 million in 2050.

Only net migration of 40,000 or less will keep the population below 70 million.

2. Population Density

Bangladesh 1033 people per square kilometre
Taiwan          639
South Korea  484
Lebanon          406
Rwanda          403
England          401
Netherlands  400
UK                  255
Germany          231
France          114
Spain            91
The population density level of England is projected to be 461 persons per square kilometre in 2031.

Source: United National Population Division. Mr James Clappison, Parliamentary Question 10595, 26 July 2010, Column 745W-746W, URL: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/.../text/100726w0006.htm

3. Births to foreign parents

In 2011, a quarter (25.5%) of all births in England and Wales were to mothers born outside the United Kingdom. In London this figure was 56.7%.

A PQ revealed that in 2011, 64.9% of all births in London were to couples where one or both were born outside the UK.

Source: ONS, Births in England and Wales by parents’ country of birth, 2011, URL: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/vsob1/parents--country-of-birth--england-and-wales/2011/rtd-parents-country-of-birth-tables.xls Nicholas Soames, Parliamentary Question 150601, 15 April 2013, URL: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/.../cm130415/text/130415w0007.htm#130415w0007.htm_spnew39

4. Foreign born population of the UK

UK Population born overseas:

1991 5.8%
2011 12.1% or 7.5 million people
Source: ONS, Estimated population resident in the United Kingdom by country of birth, January 2011 to December 2011, Table 1.1, URL: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/.../august-2012/population-by-country-of-birth-and-nationality-.xls

5. Latest Immigration Statistics (Year Ending June 2012)

                   Total  British  EU15   A8         Non-EU
Inflow 515,000 76,000 82,000 62,000 282,000
Outflow 352,000 155,000 49,000 32,000 111,000
Net        163,000 -79,000 33,000 30,000 171,000
Total net immigration was 48,000 in 1997

In the year ending June 2012, net migration from the EU was 72,000, or 30% of total non-British net migration (44% of total net migration)

1997-2011 Non-British Net Migration 3.7 million
1997-2011 British Net Migration -1 million
1997 – 2011 EU Net Migration 0.8 million, or 29% of non-British net migration
Source: ONS Long Term International Migration, 2 Series, Table 2.01a LTIM Citizenship 1991-2011. URL: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/migration1/long-term-international-migration/2011/2-01a-ltim-citizenship--1991-2011.xls

6. Jobs

Since 2000, employment of non-UK born workers aged 16 and over has increased by 2.1 million to over 4.3 million. Yet in this same period, employment of UK born workers has increased by just 373,000

However, the situation may be improving. Between the third and final quarters of 2012, UK nationals accounted for 76% of the increase in employment, suggesting that measures to reduce net migration are having a positive effect for UK workers in the labour market.

Vacancies remained largely unchanged at about 650,000 from June 2001 to September 2008 at which point the economic crisis saw vacancies fall sharply. They remained unchanged at around 450,000-500,000 between late 2009 and January 2012.

There are currently 1.4 million EU workers in Britain, 707,000 of whom come from the A8 countries of East Europe. The number of British workers in the EU was estimated in 2011 to be 407,000.

Only a third of the 4.3 million non-UK born workers were born in the EU, most are originally from outside the EU. As regards nationality, half of the 2.6 million non UK nationals are EU nationals.

In 2012, 145,138 work permits were issued, (plus a further 11,713 dependants who also acquire the right to work upon arrival). This includes almost 30,000 Intra Company Transfers and 15,500 domestic workers. There were a further 141,000 in country extensions of stay (extensions of work visas or switching) excluding dependants.

Source: ONS, Employment Levels by country of birth and nationality, Updated February 2013, URL: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/lms/labour-market-statistics/february-2013/table-emp06.xls . ONS, Vacancies and Unemployment, Updated February2013, URL: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/lms/labour-market-statistics/february-2013/table-vacs01.xls. Home Office Statistics, Table wk.01, Out of country visas to the United Kingdom and in country extensions of stay by work categories, 2012, URL: http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/.../immigration-tabs-q4-2012/work-q4-2012-tabs.

7. Housing

Government household projections show that England will need to build 232,000 households per year or 5.8 million homes between 2008 and 2033. Two million or 36% of this projected household requirement will be as a result of immigration.

This means that the housing demand caused by immigration can only be satisfied by building over 200 extra homes every day, or one every seven minutes for the 25 year period.

Source: DCLG, Household Projections, 2008-2033, England, URL: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/.../file/6395/1780763.pdf.

8. Education

In 2013 the National Audit Office revealed that 240,000 additional primary school places are still needed by 2014/15, 90,000 of which will be required in London.

In 2009, it was revealed that there were 10 schools where no pupils speak English as a first language.

Figures for 2010 show that in Inner London, 55% of all primary school pupils do not speak English as a first language. In Outer London, this figure is 39%.

Across the UK, one in six primary school children did not speak English as a first language.

Sources: National Audit Office, Capital Funding for New School Places, March 2013, URL: http://media.nao.org.uk/uploads/2013/03/10089-001_Capital-funding-for-new-school-places.pdf. Migration Watch UK Briefing Paper 2.7, Changing Primary Schools in England 1998-2010, URL: http://migrationwatch.co.uk/briefingPaper/document/210. The Telegraph, ‘Ten Primary Schools in England with 100 percent of pupils who do not speak English as a first language’, 27 January 2009, URL: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/.../Ten-primary-schools-in-England-with-100-per-cent-of-pupils-who-do-not-speak-English-as-a-first-language.html

9. Public Opinion

(For a full analysis see: http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefingPaper/document/249)

71% believe that there are too many immigrants in the UK, Ipsos Global Advisor Poll, August 2011.

94% agreed that Britain is ‘full up’. BBC One Sunday Morning Live Poll, November 2011.

78% support the government’s aim to reduce net migration to the tens of thousands, including 70% of those who voted Liberal Democrat in the 2010 General Election, YouGov for The Sunday Times, January 2012

68% believe that immigration has a negative effect on Britain, YouGov for The Sunday Times, January 2012

66% believe that immigration has had a negative impact on the availability of jobs, Ipsos Mori for British Future, January 2012.

76% believe that immigration has placed too much pressure on public services including health, transport and education, Ipsos Global Advisor Poll, August 2011.

86% support changing the rules on benefits so that benefits are only available to people who have been resident in Britain for a fixed amount of time, such as a year, Sunday Times YouGov Poll, March 2013.

75% support changing NHS rules so non-emergency treatment is only available to people who have been resident in Britain for a fixed period, such as a year, Sunday Times YouGov Poll, March 2013.

88% believe that immigrants who are unable to speak English or unwilling to integrate have created ‘discomfort and disjointedness’ in British communities, YouGov for The Sunday Times, April 2011.

72% disagreed that an amnesty should be granted to illegal immigrants in Britain, YouGov for Migration Watch UK, June 2006.

12% believe that immigration had changed their local community for the better, 88% disagreed. Searchlight Educational Trust, February 2011, URL: http://www.fearandhope.org.uk/project-report/themes

Updated 18 April, 2013

Re: Immigration

Peter, the same thing crossed my mind that Heroski must be related to Ugo or be his reincarnate!  I've no doubt the result of his/her postings will have the same result as with Ugo because it is like talking to a brick wall. No matter how restrained and polite you try to be you receive nothing but insults in return. This "International Lawyer of repute" obviously does not appreciate the difference between "legal" and "illegal"!

Re: Immigration

Today (Aug 12trh) on BBC’s Breakfast show, Labour’s Shadow Immigration Minister Chris Bryant has launched an attack on Tesco and Next for being cheapskates, because they are hiring foreign workers at apparently lower-than-UK salaries.

He’s also calling for “more regulation” something which British industry needs like a hole in the head.

This amounts to a re-run of the old “British jobs for British workers” argument -- something that Labour loves to bring up when under pressure over employment or as in this case when they are worried about UKIP’s rather popular position on immigration.

Mr Bryant is guilty of a case of immense bare-faced cheek.

It was the last Labour government which authorised, some would say engineered, a massive rise in immigration in recent years.

His Party supports the EU with its free movement rules.  It supports the right of of any one of the 29 million Romanians and Bulgarians to start coming freely to the UK in 2014 -- just four months away.

Yet instead of apologising, or blaming the politicians responsible, Bryant chooses to blame Tesco and Next for doing what they’re supposed to do, controlling their operating costs and delivering value to consumers while remaining within the current legal UK framework.

So often we see aspects of the EU which are supposed to represent a level playing field -- but in fact represent anything but.

Take “free movement of people” for instance.  An interviewer on BBC Radio Wales asked this morning, “Isn’t it true that an unemployed British worker enjoys the right to go and seek work in Poland?”.

Yes it is
.

However it’s also very unlikely to happen, since average salaries in Poland are considerably lower than those in the UK.

Also welfare payments in Poland are much lower.

Jobs are no easier to come by in Poland.

Any rational British job-seeker would after assessing the situation decide very quickly that they would do better to look for work at home.

Language also represents a massive bias in the EU jobs market.

It’s doubtful whether our British unemployed worker speaks Polish, or Greek, Lithuanian, or Slovenian.

He certainly won’t speak all 20+ languages in the EU.

English however is overwhelmingly the second language of Europe.  That’s good in many ways.  But it means that the unemployed worker on the continent has a huge advantage over his British counterpart and is much more likely to come to the UK than anywhere else.

He’ll come here because he can speak English.  He or she won’t go to Riga, because they probably do not  speak Latvian.

It gets worse.  The EU has an “employment portal” (that’s a web-site to you and me), partly funded by you and me as tax-payers, on which member-states can advertise job vacancies.

So far, so good.  So far, a level playing field.

Except that out of a million plus jobs offered by the employment portal, more than half, 840,000, are in the UK.  How even-handed is that?

As usual, we Brits play by the rules, while other member-states consider their peoples self-interest.  The same website offers financial help with travel expenses to the UK and comprehensive advice on claiming welfare benefits in the UK.  What is presented as a fair and balanced aid to employment is in fact a well funded device to round up unemployed continentals and deliver them to Britain where they can gain low paid work at the expense of our own unemployed.

The simple truth is that we won’t get the right balance between British jobs and foreign workers until we can control our own borders.  And we won’t control our own borders as long as we’re in the EU.

Re: Immigration

How many people live in the UK?

The Government tells us that there are approximately just over 63 million UK residents, however how are we to know if that figure is accurate?

Please read the following excerpt from the Parliamentary publication "Hansard"

National Insurance

Questions

Asked by Lord Hodgson of Astley Abbotts

To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many National Insurance numbers were active on 31 December 2012.[HL1968]

The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Department for Work and Pensions (Lord Freud): On 31 December 2012 there were approximately 65 million active National Insurance Numbers (NINos) held on the DWP Customer Information System (CIS).

Asked by Lord Hodgson of Astley Abbotts

To ask Her Majesty’s Government who authorises the issue of an individual's National Insurance number.[HL1969

Lord Freud: National Insurance Numbers (NINos) are required for both working and non-working people and are issued both by Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs and DWP Jobcentre Plus.

The majority of UK nationals receive their NINo automatically shortly before their 16th birthday. This is as a consequence of the individual being included in a successful claim to Child benefit. HMRC own this process.

My question is therefore prompted by the fact that there are 65 million active NI numbers in use in the UK and these can only be issued to persons over the age of 16, The ONS recorded that the total number of children residing in the UK in 2012 who were under the age of 17 was 8,499,247. That would point to a total UK population of 73,499,247 in 2013.
Even if we make allowances for criminals holding multiple NI identities the total would still be in excess of 73 million people living in the UK.

Re: Immigration

As with all figures quoted by government departments and publicly funded institutions,
they cannot be assumed to be correct. We have seen time and time again how their
sums do not add up and this applies just the same when counting people as it does in
their accounting procedures. Government's are past masters at making their figures add up to what they want them to as apposed to what the true results are. Another
prime example of "lies through omission of information". Yesterday in the press there was an item about GPs being paid for 2 million people more patients registered (at £66 per head) than the total population of the Country. However the piece also quoted that last year there were 53.5million people living in England alone and when you add on the rest of the UK figures quoted it would only make a total of £63.5million. There are also many people who are not registered with an NHS doctor and those including illegal immigrants who are not registered with any doctor. It seems nobody knows what the population is! All I know is that the country is overcrowded.

Re: Immigration

Oracle

I have sent a copy of my National Insurance number research to Migration watch, they are investigating the disparencies in the Governments figures allowing for those numbers still in existence even though the persons the numbers relate to may have died.
12345