IMF should we be concerned!!

Re: IMF should we be concerned!!

The IMF is run by a pompous fool, who loves to laud it over everyone. Beware tall French ladies bearing gifts! I say!

Re: IMF should we be concerned!!

Christine Legarde also insisted on the imposition of austerity on the EU countries and look at what has been the outcome of that policy - low or no growth and poverty across the EU - and Greece has been bankrupted as a consequence of her policies. She is another establishment figure - inept and as David says - pompous.
The IMF have no more idea what will happen to the UK economy than me or anyone else - I don't believe that anyone in the IMF has actually sat down and crunched all the relevant figures and arrived at a certain and undeniable outcome on our economy once we have left the EU. They are making it all up as they go along and are fear mongering as usual. I have no faith, whatsoever, in the IMF - let's face it they have yet to prove that they are good at managing economies - I have yet to see any of their prophesies come true - they have been consistently wrong. Lagarde has tried to encourage Europe to start spending money and building up infrastructure recently [proving that austerity has failed] - perhaps the stupid woman now realises that austerity shrinks economies -it certainly hasn't grown economies. Our own economy is still in dire straights - manufacturing a housing boom is not growth. Printing money hasn't worked - most of it is sloshing around in the city or being hoarded by banks - I have yet to see it being used to invest in anything worthwhile. Building huge expensive tower blocks,houses etc that only foreigners can buy as investments isn't growing our economy! Lagarde is in no position to tell us what to do!!