I hope this helps someone vote NO. these are Government figures

Liam Brennan Liam Brennan

I hope this helps someone vote NO. these are Government figures

Back again with a little information, I hope will encourage the ‘ GET US OUT OF THE EU’  vote, some figures just released, the government spends 55 million A DAY  that’s £360 MILLION A WEEK or £1,440,000,000 A MONTH over a year that comes to £1,6800,000,000 of our taxes on the EU EVERY YEAR, and that’s just our membership. It doesn’t include all the little extras we pay for, like our part of the £500,000,000 to turkey so they can pretend to stop the asylum seekers.  AND NOW they (our government ) have said they are going to give £1.2 BILLION to TURKEY, ALBAINIA, and SERBIA, to help them join the EU, and that means three of the poorest countries in EUROPE are going to join and get massive handouts like Greece did,  with absolutely no realistic chance of paying it back, not to mention another million or more from each country will head straight for BRITAIN. The Government is already under counting the number arriving here according to  Migration Watch, There figures say they are under counting by 50,000 a year,  that’s not including the Romanians and Bulgarians. And now the money they, that’s the EU are supposed to give us, which is  about 40% of what we give them, well they are taking a lot of it back as a fine, because we are not spending it properly according to Brussels  The figures work like this   2014-2915 WE GAVE THEM  £11.4 BILLION, THEY GAVE US BACK £5 BILLION.  AND THEN DEMANDED £100 MILLION BACK AS A FINE, BECAUSE THEY DIDN’T LIKE THE WAY WE SPENT IT. So if you don’t do as they tell you, they will fine you. But Dave the “used car sales man” said when he was going to negotiate, if I don’t get what I want ,then I will recommend we leave the EU. So he went, and got nothing, then came back and said, we should stay or they will be angry with us, and they might shout at me . So we should stay and take all the crap they want to give us. Because in truth they resent us and have done so for the last couple of hundred years, The French hate us because of the hundred years war, and the two times we stopped the Germans ruling Europe,  when they (THE FROGS)were totally ineffective considering they are several times bigger than us. The Germans because we stopped them twice, and the Italians because they were on the wrong side and led by an idiot, the rest of the countries because they did so little to help themselves or anyone else.  And don’t be swayed by that tosser OBAMA he is an American and they only ever have their own interests at heart, what they Americans say is always “what’s in it for me?”  no matter what you think they are doing for you or how friendly they are trying to be, just remember whatever you get out of any deal they will get 100 times more, they sided with the Argentinians over the Falklands initially, because they thought there was a good chance they could drill for oil there, but when we did retaliate they knew the Argies wouldn’t stand a chance, they also invaded Granada, GRANADA is part of the commonwealth, that’s one of the countries who want to associate with us. And we all know they wouldn’t make anything like the deal they are advising us to stay in.  We can’t possibly be any worse off out, we have stood up against them all at one time or another , and they have always needed us more than we needed them, In truth all they are interested in is the £360,000,000 a week we give them without that they can’t keep admitting countries that cant contribute anything. But that’s all they are interested in expansion, It looks to me like a Pyramid marketing scheme, they just want more land and more people to invent stupid rules for. But it can’t last They are at Russia’s door, they can’t go any further and they can’t go beyond turkey because all the Arab countries have Dictators, and if Dictators hate one thing the most, it’s being Dictated to. So I think the end is in sight, and anyone stupid enough to be in at the final, will have to pick up the bill. We don’t want to be the ones left holding the baby, and owing HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS ON POUNDS to everyone in the EU. Because with our spineless Government they would be that last to back away, too stupid and stubborn to get the fuck out before we are bankrupt. SO LETS GET OUT IN JUNE.

Re: I hope this helps someone vote NO. these are Government figures

On the button Liam. With you all the way on this one.

Re: I hope this helps someone vote NO. these are Government figures

Re: I hope this helps someone vote NO. these are Government figures

Peter,
I think you are correct - apathy is a major problem and we could find ourselves stuck in the EU by default - could be a disaster. I can't bear the thought of those smug Tories - especially Cameron and Osborne looking smarmy and smug if they win the referendum - utterly nauseating.

Re: I hope this helps someone vote NO. these are Government figures

Mary S & Peter C
The apathy you fear is misplaced, the supporters of Brexit will vote come what may, it is the Remain camp that fear the apathy of the young who traditionally fail to vote in any election.

The Brexit camp need to inform the British voters about the Tsunami of restrictive EU legislation that is being held back until after the June Referendum!

Re: I hope this helps someone vote NO. these are Government figures

John,
I hope you are correct - I think the young will swing the vote for Brexit and there does seem to be a lot of interest from that section of the electorate. I really hope that at last the young will recognise that they have a real chance to make a difference unlike in general elections when their vote the system is unfair and unrepresentative.
I hope they vote tomorrow too!!

Re: I hope this helps someone vote NO. these are Government figures

John,
The last section makes no sense! I meant that in general elections the young may well feel that their vote won't make a difference as the first past the post system is not fair, and does not always represent them.
Sorry for the typos! Hopefully this explains what I initially intended.

Re: I hope this helps someone vote NO. these are Government figures

Mary S

I totally agree with you, however the apathy of the young in our society is deeply embedded as a result their low expectations for achieving a quality life, which have been encouraged by the failures of successive UK Governments of all political persuasion's, who have sacrificed them in favour of EU migrants,because like all Britons we need a level of income that will facilitate a lifestyle that we regard as acceptable,  as normal, where as the migrants will have a very different understanding of what is normal and will accept a lower level lifestyle which tends to encourage employers to ignore young British workers!

Re: I hope this helps someone vote NO. these are Government figures

John,
I do believe that migrants have made a huge difference taking the skilled work so that governments of all persuasions and industry haven't  had to invest in training and education - they can import doctors, nurses, social workers, workers in social care etc etc.  It has also kept wages down as most migrants don't demand the dame standard of living necessary to live in this country. They can share accommodation and also will never have the loyalty or sense of commitment a British employee would have, their stake in our society would not be so strong especially if they do not have a family in the UK and just come to work here. Actually when I think about it migrants have taken unskilled work too pushing any chance of our youngsters getting even menial work especially again as the pay is poor. Blair encouraged migrants to keep wages low and the current bunch are defending it too.
I am not against people from other countries per se - I am not zenophobic at all and if I really believed that migration helped our country in the long term I would not complain but I cannot see that happening now - our NHS would fall apart without migrants which is a disgrace we should be training our own medical staff not importing it.  That is only one area needing proper training for our own people first! I had a recent operation and the consultant was a Czech - he was absolutely fine, competent and efficient but I do wonder why there was not a British doctor available - I can only guess that we don't have enough British doctors as it is Hobson's choice - stay here or go elsewhere where you will be treated with respect and paid appropriately. The same applies I am sure to many other professionals in the caring professions in particular, or young people do not want to enter those professions as it is very expensive and they will be in debt forever. Why encourage training when it can be imported!
Also I suspect that training youngsters as tradespeople is not important when you can import them from Europe. It is really disgraceful and another reason to leave the EU!