Human Rights& Benifits

Lauren Lauren

Human Rights& Benifits

I think benefits is a good idea, and people on the dole should get it if they are unable to work due to disabilities, pregnancy etc: But people on the dole who don't work for the fun of it should not be able to claim. My mum got a letter through the post saying she has to pay back hundreds for a mistake from the benefit place. Consequently, we are soon will not be able to buy food and simple things to live. My mum is not able to work due to pregnancy. This is human rights! People shouldn't have to pay from a mistake that isn't their fault. This is leaving hundreds not knowing what to do. And i totally disagree with you Lauren Price. I am the same age as you! DEMOCRACY should be able, and people should be able to vote! HUMAN RIGHTS is to live. Paying back from their mistake isn't human rights, and we shouldn't have to pay back. Benefits are great for people, however it should be shared equally and the rich shouldn't get any as they are not in need of this.
Protests against the human rights and democracy should be taken place no matter what the age! Nothing is being done about the homeless, extremely poor people, and people such as my family that has to suffer from the Benefits company!
Thanks for reading
Lauren C
johnc_9 johnc_9

Re: Human Rights& Benifits

Benefits are a good idea for those who can't work through no fault of their own such as disability but I can't accept that pregnancy is an excuse to automatically get benefits. Does your mum's partner (I assume she has one due to her pregnancy) support her financially while she is carrying his child? If not then why not? Having a child and expecting the benefits system to financially support them is irresponsible, not only to the child being carried but to the other members in the household who will have to go short if the income doesn't cover the outgoings.

One other point. You say it's wrong that their mistake has to be paid back. I suspect that if their mistake had been not to pay enough for a month or two then your mum would want her 'entitlement' paid in full, not just to forget the mistake. It cuts both ways I'm afraid and at least your mum can discuss how she will repay the debt.

Please don't think I am being nasty. It is just frustration with the wide held idea that it is a human right to have a child and that the taxpayer will support it. Having a child is not a human right, it is a privilege and a responsibility. People should think long and hard about how they will support and bring up their children before having any.
Lauren Lauren

Re: Human Rights& Benifits

1) Don't diss my family 2) He is on Job seekers (which is benefits) 3) No need to argue 4) And me too i think that the benefits is a waste if they cant hold responsibility for their mistakes!

Re: Human Rights& Benifits

Lauren Lauren

Re: Human Rights& Benifits

 ur not gettin my point! i am trying to DISCUSS not ARGUE about how its SHOULD be a human right to have a child. I was taught how it IS a human right at school. The right to have a family.
Lauren Lauren

Re: Human Rights& Benifits

Plus, how can u get a job if your on job seekers, if u sneakly work or do something to get money, they completely cut your benefits!x

Re: Human Rights& Benifits

Harold Bastow Harold Bastow

Re: Human Rights& Benifits

Yes, I agree you have the right to have a family,but one you can afford.When I was a young man fear was our birth control.If we at that time got a girl pregnant and her parents or the boys parents did not support them,thier lives were in a real mess.But now the young ones do not need the support of thier families for  the help that they need,its straight down to the social and the housing and most of thier problems are solved,and thats when the tax payers problems begin.