Hillsborough Inquest

I would just like to say that I fervently hope the families of the 96 who perished in the Hillsborough disaster 27 years ago receive the justice they deserve at the end of this marathon inquest. My own opinion is that this whole tragedy has been dealt with in an appalling manner and caused much unnecessary suffering to all concerned. Laws need to be changed to prevent people in top positions, be it the police, politicians or any other public servants paid for by the taxpayer who are found to be at fault in situations like this, being able to just walk away when the going gets tough. If they retire and are subsequently found to be at fault they should be prosecuted and suffer the consequences of their actions. My deepest sympathy goes out to all those who lost loved ones back in 1989 and sincere compassion for all the additional heartache caused to them unnecessarily.

Re: Hillsborough Inquest

Re: Hillsborough Inquest

At last the Jury have found that the 96 people who died at the Hillsborough disaster WERE UNLAWFULLY KILLED.
My heart goes out to all the families who have spent the last 27 years fighting for justice on behalf of their loved ones who lost their lives unecessarily. it is now time for the Government and other Authorities do do their part in bringing those guilty of contributing to the deaths to justice. They must not be allowed to walk away unpunished even if the law only allows for charges relating to attempting to pervert the course of justice. Although I'm sure the best legal minds can find some way of prosecuting. WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY!

Re: Hillsborough Inquest

I hope that those responsible for these deaths and the subsequent cover-up are charged with conspiracy to pervert the course of justice. Conspiracy carries a heavy custodial sentence.
I fear, however, that as ever those at the top will not allow anyone to be made accountable in any way shape or form - regardless that these deaths were unlawful.
I am delighted that at last the families who lost relatives and friends have found some justice, there should be further actions to bring the police and others to book.
Andy Burnham said today that he wants to pursue this case further - I hope he does, as he has fought so hard, with others to get this far.
I continue to be cynical about the establishment as it invariably closes ranks when threatened!