Have we got a new voting system

dave 1 dave 1

Have we got a new voting system

Am I mistaken,or have we used AV voting for our new Police Commissioners.I thought marking a first and second choice on the ballot paper was AV voting that Nick Clegg was wanting.Did we not vote in this Country to keep first past the post.If this is AV voting,then is the election legal?Or are the Dictators,our Government,slipping it in the back door.

Re: Have we got a new voting system

I don't know about illegal but it was a complete waste of tax payers money again.
55 million pounds (and that's the figure they admit to) for this whole charade.
johnc_9 johnc_9

Re: Have we got a new voting system

Not only a waste of time and money for the election, but a waste of money by taking the job from local councillors (already paid for by the tax payer) to give it to another hanger on adding more bills to the tax payer, all in the name if not the spirit of democracy!
dave 1 dave 1

Re: Have we got a new voting system

I agree it was a huge waste of tax-payers money.The reason people did not vote,was there was no information about the job or who these people were.I also disagree that the job should be linked with Party Politics.Myself and my neighbours did not vote because we have no faith in the system,it is all corrupt.It would not matter if nobody had voted,they would still have said they had a mandate from the people.

Re: Have we got a new voting system

This Government make up the rules as they go along. This scheme is intended to add to the benefits society for ex politicians and the like. One of the reasons they don't want us to come out of Europe would be the loss of lucrative jobs and expenses for the favoured few.

Re: Have we got a new voting system

This post was updated on .
Oracle,
Yes your right, the EU thrives on multi layered burocracy. The new PCC,s will bring even more top end costs that will inevitably impact on the budget for uniformed police presence at street level.
For example;
PCC.                                                 @ £100,000
PA.                                                    @   £40,000
Office Administrator.                     @   £20,000
Clerical Assistant.                          @   £15,000
Chauffeur                                        @   £18,000
Office Rent/Business Rates
Office Costs:Computer
Telephone/Broadband
Mobile Phones
Photocopying
Office Furnishings
Lighting
Heating
Security
Commercial insurance
High End Luxury Vehicle Finance
Vehicle Servicing & Repairs
Public Liability vehicle insurance
Pension Provision for all staff
And last of all the PCC will have an open ended expence account for all those unexpected costs such as dinner suits, business suits, business meetings over dinner, hotel bills, attending conferences at home & abroad and of course to pay for personal services when they get homesick.

I am sure that if you add all the above costs together you will have a combined operational cost in the region of at least £1,000,000 & more likely £2,000,000 p.a. and this will increase year on year with inflation and probably by more if these PCC,s form an association similar to that of the Association of Chief Constables that will lobby for salary increments because of increased workloads.